(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Looking good so far needs game genie codes  

-------------------------

Mar 09 at 4:20:05 PM
dragonwarrior83 (36)
(Nick R) < Meka Chicken >
Georgia
I don't normally buy anything Sega but I have to say I'm intrigued. The art work and background look beautiful.

Got all 4 Dragon Warriors CIB, Thanks Everyone. Now looking for Dragon Quest ( Famicom ) 1, 2, and 3. Also a box and guide for Earthbound.

May 13 at 8:57:38 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Alright, it's been a bit since I've given an update.

First, here's a video:

There's 2 music tracks in this preview - one at the intro screen (you can skip it if you want), and one for the stage. It's missing some sound effects still, and some things need tightening up, but it's coming along pretty well!

There's also some preview screens for the cut scenes  

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

May 17 at 10:24:17 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Kickstarter is live - lots of new screenies and a demo available!

https://www.kickstarter.com/proje...

May 17 at 8:15:49 PM
WaverBoy (1)

(Jeff Nelson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Originally posted by: dra600n

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seconddimension/the-cur...
I'm in for the early bird cartridge only!  Sad that there's not more interest here for this, but I guess it IS a Nintendo forum.  I don't discriminate; I LOVE Sega Genesis in addition to my beloved NES.  And this looks like an excellent game.  Any chance of adding 2-player simultaneous mode?

May 17 at 8:17:29 PM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington
Also, you might wanna change the title of this thread to The Curse Of Illmoore Bay, as that's now the title of the game  

May 18 at 6:49:10 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: WaverBoy

I'm in for the early bird cartridge only!  Sad that there's not more interest here for this, but I guess it IS a Nintendo forum.  I don't discriminate; I LOVE Sega Genesis in addition to my beloved NES.  And this looks like an excellent game.  Any chance of adding 2-player simultaneous mode?

Thank you!!

I didn't want to put 2 player simulataneous on the campaign because I'm not 100% sure I'd be able to make it happen in a timely manner, especially since I've only ever programmed single player games (with the exception of a 2 player vs puzzle game, which is basically splitting the game screen in half and using 1 player logic on both sides). Hell, I never even programmed a full scrolling game until this  

So, for right now, I'd say it's an incredibly low probability for 2 player simulatenous play.

Also, you might wanna change the title of this thread to The Curse Of Illmoore Bay, as that's now the title of the game  

Haha! Fair point and done  

May 18 at 9:48:29 AM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington

Thank you!!

I didn't want to put 2 player simulataneous on the campaign because I'm not 100% sure I'd be able to make it happen in a timely manner, especially since I've only ever programmed single player games (with the exception of a 2 player vs puzzle game, which is basically splitting the game screen in half and using 1 player logic on both sides). Hell, I never even programmed a full scrolling game until this  

So, for right now, I'd say it's an incredibly low probability for 2 player simulatenous play.

Haha! Fair point and done  

I think you might find your backers would be willing to wait a bit longer if two-player simultaneous mode were added as a stretch goal, as it would drastically improve the appeal of the game.  I know I'd be fine with waiting for a few more months if that could be added.  Good two-player simultaneous games are the bees' knees.  Just a thought! 

(I mean, hell, people have been waiting years for some of these NES Kickstarters to get done; even if it took you a few extra months to do, you'd still be done before Full Quiet or Mystic Searches are finished!)

Edited: 05/18/2019 at 09:51 AM by WaverBoy

May 20 at 5:35:34 PM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington

Please please PLEASE make both a PC/Mac version AND a ROM available digitally, instead of just one or the other depending on what the majority ends up wanting -- this makes zero sense, as why wouldn't you want to make everyone happy, plus why would anyone opt for the digital reward when they have no idea exactly what they'll end up with?

EDIT: It looks like you're now offering both!  Thank you so so much!!!

Edited: 05/20/2019 at 05:38 PM by WaverBoy

May 27 at 6:31:21 AM
tomkennes123 (0)

(tom kennes) < Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
Hello, I was wondering why are you not offering the option to receive the game in a clamshell, like almost all the originals?

Kind regards

Tom

May 27 at 7:33:30 AM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
backed the digital. Looking great man! Congrats on the successful kickstarter and looking forward to the game!

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

May 27 at 8:44:17 AM
Scrobins09 (8)
(Sean ) < Eggplant Wizard >
District of Columbia
Originally posted by: tomkennes123

Hello, I was wondering why are you not offering the option to receive the game in a clamshell, like almost all the originals?

Kind regards

Tom

If you read the updates on their Kickstarter, you’d see their post that they upgraded all CIBs with a clamshell when they were fully funded in 24 hours.

May 30 at 6:44:28 AM
Starfoxes (0)
(Yannick ) < Tourian Tourist >
Trinidad and Tobago
It reminds me of classic dos Monster Bash. I like the feel to it. And collision detection was well implemented. Great job.

Shoot for the stars.

May 30 at 11:06:19 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Thanks for the kind words and support!

It's crazy to think we're only halfway through the campaign. Hopefully we can hit some more tier rewards  

Oct 15 at 6:49:44 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Here's an update video:

I'm getting ready to finish up the first boss battle (hopefully this week, need to add in the "death" sequence and tweak the difficulty). Aside from the colored doors and keys, and extra life, the core engine is nearly complete, which means aside from programming other enemy/boss AI for the next set of levels, everything is just drag and drop into the game  

Other features have been completed too (save game selection screen is functional, options screen, etc).

Anyway, more to come soon!

Oct 15 at 10:02:28 AM
Scrobins09 (8)
(Sean ) < Eggplant Wizard >
District of Columbia
Lookin' good!