NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"NSFW" North Texas Meetup Summary and Pictures Some Super Maruo Action

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:22:21 AM
divingninja (48)
(Kirkland Sweeney) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Hey guys,

Pictures are not really clear or anything, and 8 bit can only go so far, but figured I'd throw it in a different thread with the "Not Safe For Work" code just in case.

Just wanted to say had a blast at the North Texas Meet Up. Turnout was lower than expected, but it actually worked out better for the ones that did attend because that meant more beer, more snacks and food, and more sprinkles cupcakes for us, thanks to the hospitality of Ferris Bueller and his wife!

And still, even with the limited number of people, we were all still overwhelmed with the amount of stuff everyone had for trade. That was one of the coolest parts for me as a variant collector- getting to look through everyone's doubles and check off some variants I didn't have, and even find and log some new ones on my lists.
Everyone walked away with multiple things from different people for their collections, and good stuff too- an Earthbound, boxed Chiller, and Super Maruo were among a few things that were traded around.

4PM to midnight never went so fast for me. Ferris Bueller had bought quite a few TV's from the goodwill too, and we never even got around to firing them all up just basically hanging out most of the time talking games, checking out collections, and alike. Inside top secret info was discussed and only the guys at the meet up are now "in the know"- am I making you wish you came yet? One of the highlights for me too was playing Wicked Wonka's Super Maruo though. I had never heard of it before, but it was a pretty fun party game, which could easily be turned into a drinking game. The group wasn't doing too well with it a first, but then Shipwrekd took the controls, and I tell you what, it seems like within seconds he "caught" that girl. Seems more like the girl ran to him. Which if you know ship you would understand. haha. Then everyone still there eventually took a stab at it and got their picture with their "reward" screen. Supraguy88t's wife, even though not interested in catching that girl herself, seemed to get into the spirit by directing us on how to "catch" the girl on the screen better. Oh, and by the way, if she offers you her "water" bottle, just make sure you don't gulp it down like water. Lesson learned. ha.

The attached pictures are the guys that closed the night out. A fun time had by all. And Ferris is already looking into potentially hosting another one before Ship leaves the Great Lone Star State....again to head back North.

I am not sure how to embed the pictures in the text section, but I have added them as attachments to this post.
The closers from left to right in this first picture:
Divingninja (me), Supraguy88t, Ferris Bueller, Shipwrekd, and Wicked Wonka

Can't wait till the next one!

-------------------------

Know any NES cartridge variants that I don't have on this list?
http://www.nintendoage.com/index....
Let me know if you have confirmed any that I need to add! Thanks!

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:37:19 AM
RetroBasement (142)
(I read PM's !) < King Solomon >
Ohio
How is this nsfw? Sounds like a really chill time, where is charlie moving to?

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:47:40 AM
divingninja (48)
(Kirkland Sweeney) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: RetroBasement

How is this nsfw? Sounds like a really chill time, where is charlie moving to?

The attached pictures in links in the first post of the 8 bit girl getting owned. I'm not sure how safe for work that would be, or what the rules were on the forum about such pictures. Seems pretty tame to me, but just didnt want to step on any toes.

And I'll let Charlie fill ya in on his movements if he wants to share. Hopefully he doesnt just talk about bowel movements though.

Know any NES cartridge variants that I don't have on this list?
http://www.nintendoage.com/index....
Let me know if you have confirmed any that I need to add! Thanks!

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:58:32 AM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Nice pictures, and you are right, the local meet ups are awesome!

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:56:00 AM
KBcollector (43)

(Josh S) < Lolo Lord >
Kentucky
Looks like alot of fun, cool pics.

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:08:55 PM
arkansasnes (22)
(eric riggan) < Eggplant Wizard >
Arkansas
Cant wait till next time I will skip work if i have to.

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:35:56 PM
WickedWonka (97)
(Mike D) < El Ripper >
Texas
Originally posted by: arkansasnes

Cant wait till next time I will skip work if i have to.

You should, works overrated anyways! It was a blast, got good n buzzed, met some rad folks, scored some solid games, I definitely will be at the next one!

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:15:22 PM
Soera (164)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Oklahoma
I really wanted to go. Hopefully when the next one is planned, Ill be free to attend.

Sep 21, 2012 at 9:47:29 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Glad everyone had a good time. I was really bummed out about getting robbed the night before, otherwise I would've been a little more excited. But, I think having you guys over helped. I probably would've just sat around moping, otherwise.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Sep 21, 2012 at 9:48:26 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Just saw someone changed my sig. Haha, that makes two times for me, now!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 09/21/2012 at 09:49 AM by Ferris Bueller