Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Local Dealer gets 5-Screw Stadium Events with manual! (Still under fire)

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:02:28 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
^wouldn't the seller have relisted it atleast once before deleting the account though?

Still a valid possibility, but I think the odds of nonmember or quiet buyer seem higher

-------------------------
Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Dec 6, 2013 at 6:11:01 PM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Hey guys, I just sold the Most Expensive NES game. Buyer didn't leave feedback and then I deleted my account. It was the only variant ever know. Its ReAlz0Rz 100% ask my friend he backs me up.

VideoGameSage.com

Dec 6, 2013 at 6:52:38 PM
Schiggidyd (75)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

Hey guys, I just sold the Most Expensive NES game. Buyer didn't leave feedback and then I deleted my account. It was the only variant ever know. Its ReAlz0Rz 100% ask my friend he backs me up.

Ugh, for the millionth time, I have nothing to do with him besides knowing him from the flea market and having his contact information.

I've been here long before this showed up, and am still replying on my own accord. I gained nothing from his sale and have no reason to make stuff up.

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:20:44 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Schiggidyd

Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

Ugh, for the millionth time, I have nothing to do with him besides knowing him from the flea market and having his contact information.

I've been here long before this showed up, and am still replying on my own accord. I gained nothing from his sale and have no reason to make stuff up.
Your fighting a losing battle Schig. I believe you but you're continuously placing the seller on a pedestal making it sound like you're in cohorts with him or something. Also I think RegularGuyGamer was just being sarcsastic.

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:04:31 AM
shawnphase (9)
(shawn phase) < Lolo Lord >
Western Australia
i was not going to say anything about all of this, but considering this topic wont drop off, i see no reason why schiggidyd couldnt be the seller himself. theres really no motive for him to be sticking up for this guy as much as he is, he's relatively new, and he started the thread himself. to me, all signs point to him being the seller.

sorry if its wrong to bring up my personal thoughts about it, but thats how i've felt since this thread/auction started. either way, i really dont see how this could be worth all this extra discussion simply because of the number of screws holding it together. really seems like extra effort put forth to make some additional hype. 'finding' a stadium events is never a matter of it just being a part of someone's collection, because how many people who get a stadium events cart even play it once they get it. i would say that its gotta be close to about 0%.

it seems like a matter of a dollar amount for something that really has next to no play value, and there is more than enough of a demand for it that there will always be a ton of chatter about it regardless, and always people looking for it. its price will continue to demand between a certain high dollar amount, and whatever the case, its something that a small margin of collectors will dole out that money for. and frankly, those collectors have a little bit too much money to throw around that could certainly be used for something more worthwhile if they would pay that kind of cash for something that is basically the cherry on top of their collections.

theres more than enough reason to be suspicious of any stadium events with these prices, but its the people who continue to put that kind of crazy money out for the game that keep the game, as well as the sellers on that same pedestal.

http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com... for a whole slew of video game cover music.

Dec 7, 2013 at 8:17:49 AM
rarecube (7)
(Val Cruz) < Crack Trooper >
Australia
I can’t believe i’ve just read this entire thread …. Are you really serious guys ….??

Schiggidyd says ;

"Aren't they all 5-screw? It's an extremely early release.”

After reading his second post you can already tell he is the seller himself and everything is a lie.

Edited: 12/07/2013 at 08:18 AM by rarecube

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:03:44 AM
snoopy101 (91)
< El Ripper >
Idaho
Originally posted by: rarecube

I can’t believe i’ve just read this entire thread …. Are you really serious guys ….??

Schiggidyd says ;

After reading his second post you can already tell he is the seller himself and everything is a lie.
i agree with you

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:16:39 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: shawnphase

i was not going to say anything about all of this, but considering this topic wont drop off, i see no reason why schiggidyd couldnt be the seller himself. theres really no motive for him to be sticking up for this guy as much as he is, he's relatively new, and he started the thread himself. to me, all signs point to him being the seller.

sorry if its wrong to bring up my personal thoughts about it, but thats how i've felt since this thread/auction started. either way, i really dont see how this could be worth all this extra discussion simply because of the number of screws holding it together. really seems like extra effort put forth to make some additional hype. 'finding' a stadium events is never a matter of it just being a part of someone's collection, because how many people who get a stadium events cart even play it once they get it. i would say that its gotta be close to about 0%.

it seems like a matter of a dollar amount for something that really has next to no play value, and there is more than enough of a demand for it that there will always be a ton of chatter about it regardless, and always people looking for it. its price will continue to demand between a certain high dollar amount, and whatever the case, its something that a small margin of collectors will dole out that money for. and frankly, those collectors have a little bit too much money to throw around that could certainly be used for something more worthwhile if they would pay that kind of cash for something that is basically the cherry on top of their collections.

theres more than enough reason to be suspicious of any stadium events with these prices, but its the people who continue to put that kind of crazy money out for the game that keep the game, as well as the sellers on that same pedestal.
Well said Shawn. Mostly people probably just boot the cart to verify that it works then place it on a pedestal and never touch it again. Stadium Events / World Class Track Meet is essentially the retro equivalent of Sonic & Mario at the XXXX Olympic Games, but without the Nintendo and Sega Mascots or the blessing of the Olympic brand name. I wouldn't even be surprized if many of the current owners don't even own a Power Pad. And remember folks, it needs to be the Bandai Family Fitness Pad or whatever it was called in the US, not the rebranded Nintendo version that came later bundled with World Class Track Meet. I assume people just wanted this to 100% complete their cart collection, otherwise SE is just a rare turd variant of a common turd game. How much is the original Bandai branded Power Pad worth? In decent shape it's probably even rarer than the game cart but nobody seems to discuss it much.

Edited: 12/07/2013 at 12:17 PM by Kosmic StarDust

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:42:08 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Nevermind, not worth it.

Edited: 12/07/2013 at 01:48 PM by ExplodedHamster

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:58:25 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
The family fun fitness pad is definately more common than se. Remeber that athletic world used it too, and that was released before se and in much, much larger quantities.

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:26:15 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: pegboy

The family fun fitness pad is definately more common than se. Remeber that athletic world used it too, and that was released before se and in much, much larger quantities.
Yes, but which pad is more common? Family Fun Fitness or Power Pad? I suspect it's the latter.

Edited: 12/08/2013 at 02:26 AM by Kosmic StarDust

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:21:31 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

Maybe it didn't actually sell. That would be my guess at least.

mine too.  

for what it's worth though, i don't think the seller and schdiggy are the same person... whether they know each other and what they're relationship is remains to be known, but i have many reasons as to why they are not the same person.

also - it's fake. 

eBay listings here

Edited: 12/08/2013 at 02:22 PM by qixmaster

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:28:00 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Deleted

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 12/08/2013 at 04:28 PM by Bronty

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:38:34 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: qixmaster

Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

Maybe it didn't actually sell. That would be my guess at least.

also - it's fake. 

Just the case, or the whole thing? That PCB looked pretty legit to me.

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:59:01 PM
Schiggidyd (75)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey

Schiggidyd says ;

You need to get your head checked out dude. What an amazing conclusion!

Sorry I'm not a Stadium-Eventsologist, I've never owned one or seen one, or thought to check the screws when looking at online pictures.

Edit : Didn't anyone ever consider that I already have a well-established Ebay store for selling overflow and repaired consoles? Why would I sell it on a different account if it was mine? Man, the conspiracies over ride common sense here.

Edited: 12/13/2013 at 05:05 PM by Schiggidyd

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:37:30 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Common sense says a seller who cancels their account immediately after a big sale makes the big sale fishy.

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:26:05 PM
rarecube (7)
(Val Cruz) < Crack Trooper >
Australia

Schiggidyd says ;

Sorry I'm not a Stadium-Eventsologist, I've never owned one or seen one, or thought to check the screws when looking at online pictures.

Edit : Didn't anyone ever consider that I already have a well-established Ebay store for selling overflow and repaired consoles? Why would I sell it on a different account if it was mine? Man, the conspiracies over ride common sense here.

Well check the posts above and you find people who agrees with my conclusion...
You saying that you didnt know about 5 screws and then you follow by saying it is an extremely early release.... I mean you contradict yourself on the post .... And that was only your second post on topic lol
Comical ... Keep it coming please.

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:43:15 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:58:45 PM
Schiggidyd (75)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey

Schiggidyd says ;

Well check the posts above and you find people who agrees with my conclusion...
You saying that you didnt know about 5 screws and then you follow by saying it is an extremely early release.... I mean you contradict yourself on the post .... And that was only your second post on topic lol
Comical ... Keep it coming please.
I meant that Stadium Events was an early release, and I thought they'd be all five-screw since the earliest released games had five screws. I wasn't referring to this specific cartridge.

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:44:36 PM
Scerena4 (65)
(Kyle Scerena) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

Common sense says a seller who cancels their account immediately after a big sale makes the big sale fishy.
Did he cancel is ebay account or NA account?

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:03:42 PM
Elijah (161)
Iowa
I think "now confirmed" was/is a tad premature.

People that don't click and read this entire thread are going to assume that there are 5 screw stadium events

Selling everything.

God loves everyone

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:06:35 PM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Lol I had the exact same thoughts when I saw this thread bumped. It should say "Still under fire".

VideoGameSage.com

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:33:21 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Originally posted by: Scerena4

Originally posted by: bunnyboy

Did he cancel is ebay account or NA account?
"Not a registered user" on ebay, so the account was actually closed instead of just idle:  http://www.ebay.com/usr/vampwolfg...

No feedback from the sale (which doesn't necessarily mean anything), and closing the account makes the listing and buyer info disappear.

Edited: 12/13/2013 at 08:36 PM by bunnyboy

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:50:11 PM
Elijah (161)
Iowa
Ive bought stuff in the past from buyers that dissapeared from Ebay because Ebay closed the account.

I am guessing a seven grand scam is probably enough for Ebay to close the account immediately?

Is there a way to tell if it was voluntary or not?

Selling everything.

God loves everyone

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:51:23 PM
rondy_ (91)
< El Ripper >
United States
I wish we could know more about this... label and board looked legit even after the difference in alignment.

If it actually was such a good replica, how could they not pick a 3-screw cart for it hmmm...

The seller closing their account makes me think it was a scam.

As JD said... what if ebay was the actual one closing the account? 

Edited: 12/13/2013 at 08:52 PM by rondy_