Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Fairly Easy "Beat-able" NES games What are some NES games that a casual gamer can beat!?

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:28:15 PM
Jumpman Jr. (47)
(Will Bowins) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
I think it solely depends on the person playing it. I've heard people say that Contra is easy to beat (even without the code), but I can hardly get past the second level.
For me, all the Super Mario games are easy as pie. I can sit down and beat each one with no problems - either by skipping worlds or playing through each level.

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:42:41 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
My choices:

Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout
Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers
Contra Force
Duck Tales
Dynowarz
Felix the Cat
Guerrilla War
Jaws
Kung Fu
Little Mermaid
Mario is Missing
Mickey Mousecapade
Monopoly
Monster in My Pocket
MTV Remote Control
Power Blade
Puss n' Boots
Rampage
Super Dodge Ball
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
Toki
Wacky Races
Wayne Gretzky Hockey
Xenophobe

-------------------------

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:23:33 PM
mrmovieprop (0)

(Mark Crawley) < Little Mac >
North Carolina
Some of these games are not that easy

My list

Bad dudes
double dribble
blades of steel
rbi and most sports games
double dragon 2 once you get past the jumping levels
lifeforce with code
contra with code
super c with code

and others of course that are endurance matches with unlimites continues like guerilla war, and ikari warriors

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:30:02 AM
fox (15)
(Gunslinger Fox) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: duck182

Remote Control

My game was a blowout like 270 to 35

AI is so dumb.  I think you could pick answers randomly and still win.

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:35:55 AM
Rickstar22 (24)
(Be The Ball ) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Guerrilla War, especially 2 player mode, is a very easy mark as stated earlier in the thread... Completed in less than an hour usually.

546 NES Licensed CIB's and Still Going Strong !!!

My Wanted Thread... Finish up my CIB BB Collection, SNES/NES Manuals & MORE : http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

My Collection thread... http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&...

My Collection List... http://www.nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=My.Collectio...

Edited: 10/27/2013 at 04:40 AM by Rickstar22

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:37:30 AM
Vandy (45)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout, I usually have 99 lives by the time I make it to the end.

Snow Bros. is also very easy but a joy to play, every time.

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:59:49 PM
Sgt.Pepper1983 (1)
(Jon McDonald) < Meka Chicken >
Alabama
1943 and Legendary Wings aren't exactly easy, but they're about as addictive as nes games get.

Oct 27, 2013 at 1:41:11 PM
Breakdown (4)
(Chip Vogel) < Little Mac >
Pennsylvania
Basically any game with infinite continues is decidedly beatable. While I wouldn't really call any of the following easy, if you've got a chunk of hours and don't mind beating your head against them until you figure stuff out, you will see the ending eventually (and they're some of my favorites on the console to boot).

Batman
Kickmaster
Metal Storm
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden 2

If you're looking for an easy 1 credit/life clear, look elsewhere, but these games are crazy fun, and you can continue to your heart's content. Of those 5, Kickmaster (highly unheralded gem of a game imo) and Metal Storm are probably the easier ones, and Ninja Gaiden doesn't really kick it into high gear until Act 5.

Oct 27, 2013 at 2:57:54 PM
lookitdisguy (20)
(Mike Martinez) < Eggplant Wizard >
Tennessee
I think most of you didn't read the original post or are just trolling.

http://twitch.tv/lookitdisguy

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:10:36 AM
Johnny5alive (2)
< Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: Photoc

Originally posted by: Zwario

Any good beat em ups that are beatable? (I did beat Double Dragon 2 once in Warrior mode... But I think it glitched, because after stage 6 because every time I landed in spikes it didn't take a life??)

River City Ransom

one of the best beat em ups of all time with some RPG elements mixed in.  Not a difficult game, and tons of fun co op.

River City Ransom. Best fighting game ever. The music is awesome. The bad guys are cool. You can throw rocks, chains, trash cans, pipes, brass kuckles, tires, other bad guys, sticks, and boxes at people. Two player is SO MUCH FUN. It's fun to upgrade your fighting stats. You can buy FREE smiles at Marv's! Stone hands! Dragon Feet! Excaliburs Sword!!!! Sauna!!!!!! hahaha obviously one of my favorite games ever.     Oh and if you like to play Gameboy Mortal Kombat 2 is hands down the easiest final boss ever. Just roundhouse kick non stop and he can't touch you.

NES - 120
N64 - 94
N.A N64 systems. - 7/9
CIB Famicom System & Disk Drive
Daiei Hawks and Jusco 30th Anniversary consoles
Nintower of Power (CIB Radnet N64DD - CIB CD64 - Z64 - Tristar)

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:22:19 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
Kid Klown seemed really easy the one time I played it.

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:52:52 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
Originally posted by: MicrowaveableHamster

Tiny Toons is pretty fun and easy imo.

Bucky O Hare is more difficult, but it is incredibly awesome and underrated and there are unlimited continues. It is beatable with a bit of elbow grease. As far as I'm concerned, it's a must.

Ninja Turtles 2 and 3, though both are more fun with a second player. A few more:

Panic Restaurant
Jackie Chan (This game is AWESOME)
The Marios, of course
Mega Man 2
Hey I'm playing bucky o'hare right now! It's awesome!!! Question though, is it possible to have 2 players play at the same time? On the bottom right above "HI" for "high score", it says "1P" which infers that you can have more than 1 player, or am I wrong?

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:51:08 PM
MrBeefy (5)
(Luke Morris) < Little Mac >
Missouri
Originally posted by: Commander Santa

Friday the 13th can be beat in less than an hour if you know what you're doing.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! is also a quick play through (again, if you know the tricks).

i like beating friday the 13th in 7 to 10 minutes,younger bro and i like seeing how quickly i can smear that ugly purple freak

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:33:10 PM
retro_wv (3)
(David ) < Tourian Tourist >
West Virginia
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt for the win! My whole family played it when I was a kid... even my great grandmother. If they aren't casual gamers, I don't know who is.

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:45:00 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: yukfou

Bucky O Hare is more difficult, but it is incredibly awesome and underrated and there are unlimited continues. It is beatable with a bit of elbow grease. As far as I'm concerned, it's a must.

Ninja Turtles 2 and 3, though both are more fun with a second player. A few more:

Panic Restaurant
The Marios, of course
Mega Man 2
Hey I'm playing bucky o'hare right now! It's awesome!!! Question though, is it possible to have 2 players play at the same time? On the bottom right above "HI" for "high score", it says "1P" which infers that you can have more than 1 player, or am I wrong?

Hmmmm, I've never tried, but I believe it's only one player unfortunately. I think it was maybe too much for the system to handle to have all that was going on, good graphics, and a second player.

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:06:19 PM
MAIL_BAG (151)
(Rip ) < King Solomon >
Virginia
DuckTales
Bonk's Adventure
Contra
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Dodge Ball

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:36:43 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland

Originally posted by: yukfou

Panic Restaurant
The Marios, of course
Mega Man 2

Hmmmm, I've never tried, but I believe it's only one player unfortunately. I think it was maybe too much for the system to handle to have all that was going on, good graphics, and a second player.

Yea I think it's one player too. I'm almost through the whole game I think. Boy is bucky a good game!! Thank you Vcube again !!!! I also tried out metal storm and it's pretty unique and very fun as well!

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:51:29 PM
Danimal Collective (50)
(Dan imal) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
There are lots of troll-y trolls in this thread

Also, shame on you all for not mentioning Space Shuttle Project.

<3 that game