Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Limited Run Games Discussion, schedule, etc.

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:11:01 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: coffeewithmrsaturn

Originally posted by: TDIRunner

Originally posted by: coffeewithmrsaturn

I honestly don't know much about LRG, but am I correct in my impression that they are official games released in small quantities, which will make it very hard for people to collect full sets for systems that have a lot of LRG releases (apparently ps4 and vita)?

That's one way of looking at it.  Another way of looking at it is that they bring digital only games to the physical world that would otherwise never have a chance to become physical.  

Your point is well taken, and I didn't mean to sound negative about the idea of LRG (if that's how it came across).  I just suspected that it would be objectively more difficult to get full sets because of the many limited releases  

I still say that's a pretty strange way of looking at it.  No disrespect to anyone who is a full set collector, but it would be foolish to go for a full set of anything without the mindset that it will cost a lot of money.  There is nothing wrong with being a fullset collector, but I will refuse to listen to anyone who would complain about such a thing.  I've said it from the beginning, but I hope that LRG, turns as many digital only titles into physical as possible.  If that makes aquiring a full set very difficult, so be it.  It wasn't going to happen for 99.99% of collectors anyway.

-------------------------

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Dec 10, 2018 at 10:08:52 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Question.

Should this be a Limited Run thread, or should it be a "companies that do limited prints" thread?

Awesome job on updating the list, thank you! Let's keep this thread LRG focused. Although I am always thankful for any physical press alerts  

Dec 10, 2018 at 10:55:51 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Mr. CIB is actually the one who provided it

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Dec 12, 2018 at 11:08:32 AM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Hey Celeste is two week open preorder even on PS4. I hope it sells gangbusters. It would be a shame for it to be too limited.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:56:27 PM
Gutling (133)

< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Should there be an additional column added for if it had a limited/collector edition as well?

Dec 15, 2018 at 4:29:32 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: Gutling

Should there be an additional column added for if it had a limited/collector edition as well?
Sure, I'll add it to the list of to-dos

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Dec 16, 2018 at 4:41:36 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Very useful. Is it possible to make the list downloadable in txt or csv format or such the like? If not, no biggie, but thought I'd check.

Dec 26, 2018 at 5:40:09 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Koopa64

Did LRG announce their Wii U game yet?

I've been wondering this too. Has anyone heard anything?

Check out my game collection here:
https://collection.gamevaluenow.c...

Dec 26, 2018 at 9:41:46 PM
phart010 (8)
(Paul Hart) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Koopa64

Did LRG announce their Wii U game yet?

I hope it’s Axiom Verge.

Fast racing Neo could be a contender. Also Ittle Dew 2 came physical on switch but Ittle Dew 1 wasn’t physical I think. Freedom Planet would be cool but I think that’s already ported to switch

Edited: 12/26/2018 at 09:49 PM by phart010

Dec 26, 2018 at 11:10:38 PM
AtariJay (0)
(jbob h) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
I got my Game Fly order with titles from LRG. I hope they continue to liquidate LRG titles with normal titles. It was a great way to pick up games that I didn't want to pay full LRG prices for and get them opened so I don't feel the pressure to keep them sealed.

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:54:40 PM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
Iconoclasts is getting a switch release January 18. Also on PS4 and Vita. I have it on steam but haven't played it yet. Will definitely be getting this one.

Now if only I would start playing the games I have on PC...

Dec 27, 2018 at 7:24:12 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
I still haven't gotten my shipment to replace my Cosmic Star Heroine and Saturday Morning RPG. It's been 23 days since my package got "ready for ups". The tracking number hasn't updated at all. I emailed them last night so hopefully I hear from them soon. I'm just wondering why the tracking number is stuck...UPS's fault or LRG's fault?

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Dec 28, 2018 at 8:26:26 PM
dockvalentine (41)

(Nick D) < Tourian Tourist >
Pennsylvania
I had the same issue with a tracking number for me since the 21st. Glad to hear I am not the only one. Let me know if you get an answer as to what is wrong. I was going to email them myself, too.

Dec 29, 2018 at 12:42:45 AM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Finally got Night Trap from LRG   Took em long enough.

KDDK Player  

Dec 29, 2018 at 2:41:46 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: dockvalentine

I had the same issue with a tracking number for me since the 21st. Glad to hear I am not the only one. Let me know if you get an answer as to what is wrong. I was going to email them myself, too.
I got a reply yesterday:

"We are so sorry about that!  We've had some delays and are waiting for a very large pickup from our postal service.  You should see your tracking update any day!   Again, I am so sorry for the delay! 

Have a great day!"

So our shipments should be coming soon I guess...

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Edited: 12/29/2018 at 02:42 PM by Astor Reinhardt

Dec 29, 2018 at 4:23:56 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
I think it's cool that they're releasing limited edition collector's items, with some schnat, but $80 for this... pass. Also, the soundtrack on cassette is not cool in my opinion. Give me a decent CD...

yup

Dec 29, 2018 at 4:36:51 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
At least they are making this one 1 per person as I'm sure it would sell out pretty quick with it being 2 per person.

Btw "Strawberry pie recipe". Yep, worth it.

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Dec 29, 2018 at 4:59:03 PM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
Originally posted by: avatar!

I think it's cool that they're releasing limited edition collector's items, with some schnat, but $80 for this... pass. Also, the soundtrack on cassette is not cool in my opinion. Give me a decent CD...

The only thing I want in that set is the steel case and I cannot handle paying over double for it. The cassette is a let down too. While cool it isn't practical.

Dec 29, 2018 at 5:18:38 PM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: Skorp

Btw "Strawberry pie recipe". Yep, worth it.
If it came with an actual, edible strawberry pie, I'd be far more inclined  

Dec 29, 2018 at 5:47:34 PM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida
I guess they heard all the complaints and the composer is going to send out a digital code to download "most" of the tracks

Jan 02 at 1:53:06 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
If anyone has an extra copy of the Celeste collectors edition for Switch i'm looking for one. Missed out on it yesterday. :/

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Jan 02 at 1:58:25 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: D~Funk

If anyone has an extra copy of the Celeste collectors edition for Switch i'm looking for one. Missed out on it yesterday. :/

RIP your collection.

Jan 02 at 2:07:06 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas

Sorry you missed out.   That one was one you really had to be lucky. Even getting a 15 second head start to add to cart was almost not enough. It was sold out at 5:00pm when I was looking at the store page.

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Jan 02 at 2:56:14 PM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts

Fangamer will have 1000 copies of the collector edition to sell in April, I would probably suggest just waiting for that instead of trying to pay whatever ridiculous amount people will ask for it before then.

Jan 03 at 8:53:38 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Probably going to grab Danmaku Unlimited 3 at some point but I'm skipping the other two. Means I can go to sleep at a normal time and not stay awake all night! Yay.