Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

I discovered the God-tier NES controller Sansui Joycard SSS

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:55:11 PM
nicktendo (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

I have an asciipad where the turbos don't work because the contacts on the turbo switches are rusted. You might be able to open and sand/clean yours pretty easy.

They are rusty. I opened it up after testing it and did a little rubbing alcohol with a q-tip hoping that would do something. So would you just use like a fine sandpaper bunnyboy or would something else work since I don't have any sandpaper on hand?

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:35:21 PM
PatrickM. (1)
< El Ripper >
Texas
Originally posted by: NostalgicMachine

Look what just arrived:

Now things can get serious:

You'll get my full review shortly .

That's a beautiful controller. I was resisting the hype until these pictures. I'm getting one.

-------------------------
My backlog / games completed

Mar 8, 2015 at 8:33:07 PM
NostalgicMachine (8)
< Master Higgins >
New Hampshire
^You won't regret it my friend; I can't believe I didn't know about these before last week.

Mar 8, 2015 at 9:51:48 PM
Faxanadude (21)
(A Winner Is You) < Kraid Killer >
North Carolina

^You won't regret it my friend; I can't believe I didn't know about these before last week.
Awaiting that full review! Told ya'll this controller is the tits.

Mar 8, 2015 at 9:54:00 PM
Faxanadude (21)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: nicktendo

Well I got mine in the mail yesterday and I'm pissed because the turbo function on both buttons doesn't work AT ALL!! Hopefully this seller isn't going to be a pain about returns.

Question for everyone that loves this controller: Do you use the headphone jack very often or is it more like a novelty that wears off quickly? I was also looking at the Zipper and the red Hudson one. They look exactly the same to me other than not having the headphone jack. Am I right about that?
Sucks about your turbo. Hope you can fix it.

I find that the sound quality is a lot better when it's coming in through some headphones. I use the jack a lot.

Yeah, the zipper is pretty comparable to this controller save for its size, weight, and the lack of headphone jack.

Mar 10, 2015 at 10:00:25 AM
captainolimar (41)
< El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
I just got to see the picture now. Yeah my brother has one of those! They are deff awesome! I really like how the buttons feel. I switched out the joystick with another joystick that has a joystick on it. I will post pictures later

Mar 10, 2015 at 11:53:45 PM
playerdrm (0)

< Cherub >
Got mine today from the $20 guy. Love this thing. The material around the ear buds was disintegrated once I opened the box though.

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:04:56 AM
The Hiryuu (73)
(Ben Somethingorother) < Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts

I swear my neighbor in Peabody used to have that exact joystick back in the day. We used to plug it in and play Super Mario Bros. 3 with it

My Sansui should be here Wed/Thur, at which point I'll take plenty of pics/leave my review.

The Zinger? Sounds plausible, I think I remember finding one at the Peabody Funcoland many years ago.

Evil, hell, satan, goat, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:19:01 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
I got a pair of these and they are dodgy as shit. First one, all the buttons work, except A is sporadic. About half the time it registers half presses when they should be full. Kid Niki runs straight into a pit, Mario hops when he should leap or floats when he should fly. I'm guessing the rubber pad under the button is dried and rotted. Second one, the A button works, but it acts like Select, and no other buttons work at all. I figure the board is to blame on that one. The seller described them as "they work great". I complained, now seller says they worked four years ago but couldn't test as no console in posession now. Hrmmmm...

By the way, has anybody used one on a top loader with coax to VCR so they can use the audio feature? I was planning on doing that but it would be nice to know if it works before I go trying to get another one.

Mar 22, 2015 at 3:43:44 PM
NostalgicMachine (8)
< Master Higgins >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: gunpei

I got a pair of these and they are dodgy as shit. First one, all the buttons work, except A is sporadic. About half the time it registers half presses when they should be full. Kid Niki runs straight into a pit, Mario hops when he should leap or floats when he should fly. I'm guessing the rubber pad under the button is dried and rotted. Second one, the A button works, but it acts like Select, and no other buttons work at all. I figure the board is to blame on that one. The seller described them as "they work great". I complained, now seller says they worked four years ago but couldn't test as no console in posession now. Hrmmmm...

By the way, has anybody used one on a top loader with coax to VCR so they can use the audio feature? I was planning on doing that but it would be nice to know if it works before I go trying to get another one.
Is your controller new or used, sir?

Mar 22, 2015 at 3:49:09 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
Used

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:04:01 PM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Don't think they came out here.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Jul 27, 2015 at 3:52:17 PM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
I have another one of these. PM me if you're interested. I'll beat any eBay price.

VideoGameSage.com

Aug 17, 2015 at 3:19:59 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
Glad to see an NES accessory get some love!

Haven't seen the NA effect on controllers! Its kind of weird how there aren't really any accessories collectors around anymore.

I am still going at it stronger than ever before, but I think that with NES accessories and similar, more obscure and often undocumented items, collectors are just less vocal about it these days as it is easier on the wallet to avoid the NA effect and similar trends.

Aug 22, 2015 at 5:54:16 PM
Faxanadude (21)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Speedy_NES

Glad to see an NES accessory get some love!

Haven't seen the NA effect on controllers! Its kind of weird how there aren't really any accessories collectors around anymore.

I am still going at it stronger than ever before, but I think that with NES accessories and similar, more obscure and often undocumented items, collectors are just less vocal about it these days as it is easier on the wallet to avoid the NA effect and similar trends.
I plug this controller whenever possible. It's awesome.

Aug 22, 2015 at 6:03:56 PM
ALTQQ (79)
(I've lost my television remote do you know where i Should look?) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Plug the headphone jack into your ipod haha

I lost my television remote, have you seen it?

Aug 22, 2015 at 6:26:06 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
I was actually pretty impressed with the quality of the headphone jack, neat little controller.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:10:54 PM
NostalgicMachine (8)
< Master Higgins >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: ToxieRules

I was actually pretty impressed with the quality of the headphone jack, neat little controller.
I've yet to try the headphone port, but keep meaning to get around to it. Maybe tonight I'll give it a shot.

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:20:29 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
I got one of these at my store that I need to test out. They look pretty sweet!

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:48:47 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Originally posted by: ToxieRules

I've yet to try the headphone port, but keep meaning to get around to it. Maybe tonight I'll give it a shot.
It basically just makes this faux stereo where when your character is on the left side of the screen it will come out of the left speaker etc.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jul 11, 2017 at 12:24:17 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
I can now confidently post in this thread.

After finding one in a lot of games ("I have some extra stuff I didn't take pictures of" she said) I had to clean it up, but the results were amazing.

This controller is pretty sweet.

Games I've beaten with it:
Contra - Turbo & headphones
Super C - Turbo & headphones
Double Dragon 2 - Headphones
SMB 3 - Headphones

Played me some Mega Man, too.... Having headphones plugged in is amazing. I know it might be possible to get a really long headohone cord or something, but this is still really cool. and turning up the volume using the controller is neat. Hearing some of the great soundtracks with some more clarity is awesome.

Turbo is awesome for some games. Having turbo paired with an identical D-pad is a great experience.

The fatness of it is questionable. Noticeable at first, but nothing too bothersome. The input from the headphones also got the in the way of my hands a little bit, but I got used to it after a while and it felt just as comfortable as an original NES controller.

Overall, the combination of turbo and the headphone jack make it a pretty awesome experience.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:52:52 AM
NostalgicMachine (8)
< Master Higgins >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: AirVillain

I can now confidently post in this thread.

After finding one in a lot of games ("I have some extra stuff I didn't take pictures of" she said) I had to clean it up, but the results were amazing.

This controller is pretty sweet.

Games I've beaten with it:
Contra - Turbo & headphones
Super C - Turbo & headphones
Double Dragon 2 - Headphones
SMB 3 - Headphones

Played me some Mega Man, too.... Having headphones plugged in is amazing. I know it might be possible to get a really long headohone cord or something, but this is still really cool. and turning up the volume using the controller is neat. Hearing some of the great soundtracks with some more clarity is awesome.

Turbo is awesome for some games. Having turbo paired with an identical D-pad is a great experience.

The fatness of it is questionable. Noticeable at first, but nothing too bothersome. The input from the headphones also got the in the way of my hands a little bit, but I got used to it after a while and it felt just as comfortable as an original NES controller.

Overall, the combination of turbo and the headphone jack make it a pretty awesome experience.
Isn't it awesome, dude?! I don't even purchase any other NES controllers anymore. I've got three of these bitches!

The headphone port is sooo underrated if you want to play while someone is sleeping in the same room.

Jul 11, 2017 at 9:13:48 AM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Other
Will one of these work on an av famicom?

Jul 11, 2017 at 9:50:59 AM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: MuNKeY

Will one of these work on an av famicom?

The audio stuff can't be used unless you've modified the system to have an audio output jack.

Jul 11, 2017 at 9:52:00 AM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
I don't remember what was wrong with mine (turbo or headphones don't work?). I just remember researching and seeing that it was a really common issue. Probably fixable by re-soldering the connections between the 2 sandwiched boards inside. I'll get around to it one day...