Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Futuretronics Appreciation(?) Thread Who has games from this place?

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:19:42 AM
Downtown Special (93)
(Blast Masterson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
I admit I know nothing about this store. A search of the site turns up a single mention of it, which suggests it was in shopping malls? Certainly not in my region.

When I was on my black box quest, I found a copy of Clu Clu Land. A tag on it identified it as hailing from "Futuretronics" - "Lorain County's largest Atari dealer." A bold claim, I'm sure!  Anyway, the game was a CIB in exceptional condition. I'm talking Mint in shrink. When I bought it, the seller was also offering two others, one of them a Mega Man I CIB. I was a fool and didn't buy it. $100! You had to be kidding me, at the time. I don't remember what the other one was. They were all described as NM.

I got the CCL in the mail and it was in astonishing condition, despite coming unprotected in a plain manilla envelope(!). I always wondered how it survived basically 25 years and the USPS. As the Mega Man CIB price went up over the past couple years, I've always regretted passing it up. It gnaws at me. It was gone by the time I got my CCL and scrambled to get the MM.

I happened to see a Futuretronics NES CIB a few months ago on eBay (I've long since forgotten what title), when I was on a collecting hiatus. It too was in amazing condition with the shrink. It made me wonder - who else has these? And what titles? Because I bet they are as good a condition CIBs as one will find.

I'll get this ball rolling:

-------------------------

GREAT DEAL