Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

....Losers Weepers

May 7, 2011 at 5:48:52 AM
Alder (52)
(Tom B.) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: JC-Dragon

Originally posted by: Alderdragon
. Got them home and not a single one of the floppy disks would work. They're all shot. That kinda sucks.

Oh well, I would have bought them just for the boxes anyway.

they might not be shot. it could be your floppy reader is calibrated differently than the disks. My recommendation is that you find a local retro computer club and ask if they could check out the disks on an older floppy drive. That's a big reason why floppy disappeared is because the slightest tweak in calibration would make reading other floppy disks that were already formatted impossible to read unless you reformatted them. I bet they're still good.

Oh okay.  Thanks for the tip!

-------------------------

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

Edited: 05/07/2011 at 05:49 AM by Alder

May 7, 2011 at 10:23:28 AM
ars2pd (181)
(aRs !) < King Solomon >
Missouri
I now had a dream with me finding 3 color a dinosaur manuals at goodwill, amongst other decent uncommon games. WTF is up with these dreams? haha. I usually never have them, and I havent really bought or looked for anything!

May 7, 2011 at 4:21:52 PM
Alder (52)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: ars2pd

I now had a dream with me finding 3 color a dinosaur manuals at goodwill, amongst other decent uncommon games. WTF is up with these dreams? haha. I usually never have them, and I havent really bought or looked for anything!

Lol, don't you hate those dreams?  I had the same with Super Copa ;D

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

May 12, 2011 at 4:45:51 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
I bid on this auction and I totally forgot about it until after it ended. If I remember correctly, the Zapper Sighting Scope goes for about $100...? Oh well...

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewI...

May 18, 2011 at 11:29:56 PM
Nindo (0)
(Shawn Wylie) < Eggplant Wizard >
Georgia
AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGH
If only I had gotten home one hour earlier, I could have caught this.
I really need to get a phone capable of checking ebay from anywhere.

I'm on the hunt for any and all:
Game & Watch games and memorabilia.

PM me if you can help a brotha get way into a slice of any of these.
Thanks in advance!

200 individual NES games Milestone: 201/200 10/16/11

Edited: 05/18/2011 at 11:31 PM by Nindo

May 23, 2011 at 2:06:45 AM
rokushadows (111)
(J M) < El Ripper >
United States

Get instant notifications for new eBay listings - http://www.auctionalert.io/...

PM me for a free forever account with full site access.

May 23, 2011 at 2:10:05 AM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana

That was a PAL copy.

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire
Currently Listening: Tyler the Creator - Goblin
Currently Watching: Workaholics, 5 Deadly Venoms

May 23, 2011 at 2:15:44 AM
shipwrekd (192)
(charlie brown) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio

Something aint right about that auction seller sold another mint stadium events in Feb of  2010 for 740.00 could be wrong but it don't pass smell test

Don't worry about my grammer I have a redneck waiver...
I never find nuttin'

May 23, 2011 at 3:26:24 AM
rokushadows (111)
(J M) < El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: xARSEFACEx

That was a PAL copy.

Still, worth a lot more than $75.00.

Originally posted by: shipwrekd

Something aint right about that auction seller sold another mint stadium events in Feb of  2010 for 740.00 could be wrong but it don't pass smell test

Yeah, I thought something was fishy too. Thought I might as well throw it up here anyways : P

Get instant notifications for new eBay listings - http://www.auctionalert.io/...

PM me for a free forever account with full site access.

May 25, 2011 at 3:43:53 AM
T3rra (85)
(Terra ) < King Solomon >
Washington
I stuck this story in with my finds thread... but I think it's more apropriate here.

I went to a garage sale last Friday. The sale was at some guy's storage unit. I asked if he had any video games. Well, he said he did, but didn't think anyone would be interested in them, so he didn't have them out. He had mentioned he had a whole closet full at his house.
I got his number and said I would give him a call whenever was convinient for him.

Well, I called, he didn't answer. He called back, said "yeah, I'll be heading back in to town tonight, I'll bring it with me. I'll call you when I know when"

He never called. I decided to give it a rest for the day.

After some good hunting the next day, I decided to give this guy a call. After all, he did say he had a ton of stuff.

Pretty much the same story. He was hard to get a hold of, and when I did he kept saying "I'll call you back." He would then call back (not 10 minutes like he said, but a few hours later) and say "I'll call back" again.

Finally, he said he was coming in to town. And he did... and he had a broken PS2. But he mentioned he still had more, but forgot it.

The next day he called while I was at the store. He met me at the store... he had a Saturn... without any cords or controllers.

Some haul...

Edited: 05/25/2011 at 03:45 AM by T3rra

May 28, 2011 at 11:05:16 AM
Pocky Bandit (15)
(Kyle Rey) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: Mindl3ss

I stuck this story in with my finds thread... but I think it's more apropriate here.

I went to a garage sale last Friday. The sale was at some guy's storage unit. I asked if he had any video games. Well, he said he did, but didn't think anyone would be interested in them, so he didn't have them out. He had mentioned he had a whole closet full at his house.
I got his number and said I would give him a call whenever was convinient for him.

Well, I called, he didn't answer. He called back, said "yeah, I'll be heading back in to town tonight, I'll bring it with me. I'll call you when I know when"

He never called. I decided to give it a rest for the day.

After some good hunting the next day, I decided to give this guy a call. After all, he did say he had a ton of stuff.

Pretty much the same story. He was hard to get a hold of, and when I did he kept saying "I'll call you back." He would then call back (not 10 minutes like he said, but a few hours later) and say "I'll call back" again.

Finally, he said he was coming in to town. And he did... and he had a broken PS2. But he mentioned he still had more, but forgot it.

The next day he called while I was at the store. He met me at the store... he had a Saturn... without any cords or controllers.

Some haul...

May 28, 2011 at 12:24:23 PM
technicalfoul (26)
(Dylan B-D) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario

May 28, 2011 at 12:40:49 PM
Sticky (185)
(Sn0 Bro) < Kraid Killer >
United States
Originally posted by: technicalfoul

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Bonks-Adventure-Nes-/270754409121?pt...

Sigh...

I lold.

Jun 4, 2011 at 7:59:01 PM
nesman (82)
(Ima Nesman) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Did anyone here pick up these games? If you saw the ad, you'll recognize the picture. I emailed a bunch of times and no response. I suspect it was all a joke, but thought I would ask to see if anyone else responded or maybe picked it up. It was a helluva deal.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1052...

Always looking for NES boxes and manuals.  I have boxes and manuals to trade.  I will also trade my extra games for your NES boxes and manuals.  Shoot me a message!

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:57:24 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Saw an ad yesterday for an NES with 10 loose games for $50, 20 minutes after it was posted...one of the games was Bubble Bobble 2. No phone number to call, e-mail only. I e-mail right away and never get a response, the ad stayed up all day but was taken down by the time I checked this morning. I wonder if they found out the value, why would they not respond to my e-mail? sad sad sad

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Jun 8, 2011 at 11:42:14 PM
ZOMG! (30)
(NES 001) < Meka Chicken >
California
I read a ad last night that said "I have 13 super nintendo games all for $40.00. Here are some titles: STREET FIGHTER II, NBA JAM TOURNAMENT EDITION, D.F.O., RABBIT RAMPAGE, NBA SHOWDOWN, TOY STORY, TECMO SUPER BOWL, SUPER SOCCER, SUPER MARIO ALL-STARS, SUPER R.B. I. BASEBALL, MORTAL KOMBAT, MONOPOLY AND ABC MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL".

I read through it and say to myself "What the fuck i DFO"? I search online and I can't find any info then I go into NA chat and still nothing. Then I look at my keyboard and say to myself "DFO? Well the letter E is on top of the D. Then the letter F is above the letter V. MAYBE SHE MEANS EVO!"

I set up a meet instantly and I'm driving my ass 45 miles then waiting for almost a hour and you know what I find?! A f**king bare cart with no label that has DFO written on it like every other got damn game the lady had.

/Facepalm.

FS: SNES/N64/NES Taking Systems In Trade

Jun 9, 2011 at 5:11:07 AM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Originally posted by: ZOMG

I read a ad last night that said "I have 13 super nintendo games all for $40.00. Here are some titles: STREET FIGHTER II, NBA JAM TOURNAMENT EDITION, D.F.O., RABBIT RAMPAGE, NBA SHOWDOWN, TOY STORY, TECMO SUPER BOWL, SUPER SOCCER, SUPER MARIO ALL-STARS, SUPER R.B. I. BASEBALL, MORTAL KOMBAT, MONOPOLY AND ABC MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL".

I read through it and say to myself "What the fuck i DFO"? I search online and I can't find any info then I go into NA chat and still nothing. Then I look at my keyboard and say to myself "DFO? Well the letter E is on top of the D. Then the letter F is above the letter V. MAYBE SHE MEANS EVO!"

I set up a meet instantly and I'm driving my ass 45 miles then waiting for almost a hour and you know what I find?! A f**king bare cart with no label that has DFO written on it like every other got damn game the lady had.

/Facepalm.

I cried. Did you still buy it all?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Jun 9, 2011 at 12:04:02 PM
ZOMG! (30)
California
I picked up Mario All stars, donkey long country players choice, and the infamous DFO cart for $10 dollars. Some times I feel obligated to buy shot but f that. I'm always the one driving almost a hour into the city so I have been walking away from bad deals now.

Jun 9, 2011 at 1:11:07 PM
Zing (23)
(Daniel Corban) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
What is the mystery cart?

Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay...

Jun 9, 2011 at 1:13:41 PM
ZOMG! (30)
California
Super Mario World >.>

Jun 12, 2011 at 2:19:03 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Checked Goodwill today, and a dude who got there about a minute before me snagged Contra and Super C for 4 bucks a pop.

If the Walmart people hadn't taken so long to pricematch my Back to the Future Blu-ray trilogy to 14.99, then I would have made it there in time. Ah well.

Jun 12, 2011 at 3:02:59 PM
Alder (52)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Checked Goodwill today, and a dude who got there about a minute before me snagged Contra and Super C for 4 bucks a pop.

If the Walmart people hadn't taken so long to pricematch my Back to the Future Blu-ray trilogy to 14.99, then I would have made it there in time. Ah well.

I had a similar experience recently.  Girlfriend and I were at Goodwill, and I was looking through all the stuff I normally look through, while she was looking at clothes.  I did a thorough search and didn't find anything.  About 15 minutes later we check out and the guy in front of us is buying a mortal kombat cart for the game gear.  Now, I probably wouldn't have bought it anyway, but I was mad I didn't see it.  It must have been hiding in one of the (many) boxes of cassettes.  They like to throw loose carts in there >.>

Jun 12, 2011 at 3:09:20 PM
winroba (32)
(Archer Cartridge) < El Ripper >
British Columbia
I was at a Flea yesterday and I saw an older guy with a few NES games with a bunch of tools etc and I had other stuff on my mind so I didn't even think to make an offer. I went back this morning to grab them as I was there when they were closing but one of the guys who goes there just to sell games already bought them. The games were Ice Hockey, Gradius, Mario/Duck Hunt and a few others.

Nothing valuable but I still feel dumb.

WiiU: Archer

I find cool things

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 15, 2011 at 12:58:22 PM
NexPhr3ak0r (75)

(Max Power) < El Ripper >
Massachusetts
I have replied to 4 different craigslist ads in the past week to various postings that were either vague or as to enquire about condition and I have yet to receive a single response. My e-mails have a black cloud attached to them this week.

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:45:18 AM
Item90 (12)
(Micah Daby) < Eggplant Wizard >
Colorado
Craigslist doesn't seem to be working out for me very often. Missed a CIB NES for 15$. Bummer.
Recently a person was selling an N64 with 3 controllers and a good number of games for about 50 dollars. The catch was that she had Conker's Bad Fur Day and was willing to sell it for 5 by itself. I told her I would take everything. She replied saying that someone was interested and could pick the lot up earlier. I said that was fine if she was willing to sell me Conker for 10$. She said that she would keep it aside for me. At one in the morning she texts me saying someone dropped by and picked it up for 20$.
Who does Craigslist pickups at one in the morning for video games? Anyway, if it was one of you guys.... well enjoy. : )

WTB: Donkey Kong Jr. Manual.  PM Me!