NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

CERTIFIEDLINK.COM auctions end Tuesday split off from heritage thread

Jul 11 at 10:45:31 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
That's what I'm trying to outline.

The old rules don't apply anymore. Though I still feel we're in a feeding frenzy and some stuff is selling well past the realm of outlandish.

Then again, if the goal is to only collect key titles then I can totally understand four and five figure prices for AAA 30-Year old games either in nice CIB condition, or early print run.

but I can't ever be reasoned into believing a sudden influx of new collectors can make things like Jack Nicklaus Golf, Goal!, NES Play Action Football, and Top Gun become $500 CIBs. at least not unless it's a gradual and traceable growth.

-------------------------

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Jul 11 at 11:50:26 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

That's what I'm trying to outline.

Well there's a couple of different issues being discussed.    

1) Sealed v CIB - The data in the CLINK and HA sales outlines pretty darn clearly the link between sealed and CIB pricing.    Why guess at things when there's real data.    There's even a sealed 7 Mario Arcade ($5100) to compare to a CIB 6.5 (7 box) Mario Arcade ($720) for example.    And others such examples where we have a sealed copy and a cib copy with the same or similar number grade to compare.

2) New trends going forward - for sure, new rules will be made.    New buyers crossing over from comics will probably bring their comic centric biases because that's what they understand.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 07/11/2019 at 11:51 AM by Bronty

Jul 11 at 5:59:57 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Bronty

Well there's a couple of different issues being discussed.    

1) Sealed v CIB - The data in the CLINK and HA sales outlines pretty darn clearly the link between sealed and CIB pricing.    Why guess at things when there's real data.    There's even a sealed 7 Mario Arcade ($5100) to compare to a CIB 6.5 (7 box) Mario Arcade ($720) for example.    And others such examples where we have a sealed copy and a cib copy with the same or similar number grade to compare.

2) New trends going forward - for sure, new rules will be made.    New buyers crossing over from comics will probably bring their comic centric biases because that's what they understand.

I was watching that Mario Arcade like a hawk, and I didn't realize there's other Mario arcade's to compare it too. I'm gonna gather sales data so far and see what I can piece together. Are there any other new marketplaces besides Heritage and C-Link?

I feel like it's 2012 again and I'm learning things all over again. It's actually fun really even if I'm just sitting on the sidelines watching the show.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Jul 11 at 7:22:28 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
One MA was on clink the other on HA. A couple new MA cibs on HA now too

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jul 12 at 1:38:57 PM
1upped (40)
(A S) < El Ripper >
United States
Outside of a very select few first print matte/gloss seals, sealed games will always hold a premium over 98% of games available. The 2% perfect mint CIB I can see getting close to Sealed sales, but they (CIB) are way more common in "almost" every circumstance.

Are you clever enough to unravel the mystery of Clu Clu land?

Jul 30 at 7:21:11 PM
Jim Jimmer (40)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Has everyone received their games or got them shipped? I see people post their winnings and have yet to get confirmation that my order is shipped and no answer from customer support.

I'm in canada so maybe it explains a bit but still its taking a bit.

Terms say up to 20biz day to ship so ill be patient still...

Jul 31 at 11:17:08 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Mine showed a week or so ago.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Jul 31 at 4:05:01 PM
DoctorKong (7)
(Paolo Petracci) < Crack Trooper >
Italy
Originally posted by: Jim Jimmer

Has everyone received their games or got them shipped? I see people post their winnings and have yet to get confirmation that my order is shipped and no answer from customer support.

I'm in the same situation

Aug 04 at 7:19:32 PM
Jim Jimmer (40)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Originally posted by: DoctorKong

Got my tracking friday, should arrive by tuesday... hopefully you get yours soon as well!  They got overwhelmed with about 7000 lots to ship which explains the delay.

Aug 04 at 7:55:08 PM
DoctorKong (7)
(Paolo Petracci) < Crack Trooper >
Italy

Originally posted by: DoctorKong

Got my tracking friday, should arrive by tuesday... hopefully you get yours soon as well!  They got overwhelmed with about 7000 lots to ship which explains the delay.

Thank you. Had my code on Friday too. I suppose it's hard to manage all of these shippings!

Oct 16 at 8:45:56 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
New one has just begun! The highest WATA graded feature is pretty cool. Good to get this info, even if it's far from complete.

https://certifiedlink.com/Auction...

Edited: 10/16/2019 at 08:46 PM by ExplodedHamster

Oct 17 at 6:54:38 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

New one has just begun! The highest WATA graded feature is pretty cool. Good to get this info, even if it's far from complete.

https://certifiedlink.com/Auctions/default.asp?clickType=&am...
Yeah, and I wouldn't trust it at all.  Already noticed a lie.

"HIGHEST GRADED" Batman Return of the Joker at 9.8 / A.  Oh wait, there's a Carolina Collection 9.8 / A++ coming up on HA next month.  It's marketing hype and nothing more.  That's literally the difference between a VGA 85+ and a VGA 90+ most likely. 

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 10/17/2019 at 06:55 AM by jonebone

Oct 17 at 7:45:54 AM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: jonebone

"HIGHEST GRADED" Batman Return of the Joker at 9.8 / A.  Oh wait, there's a Carolina Collection 9.8 / A++ coming up on HA next month.  It's marketing hype and nothing more.  That's literally the difference between a VGA 85+ and a VGA 90+ most likely. 

Not the only thing stated that I wouldn’t trust. 

“Stadium Events has long been considered the rarest game for the NES that had a retail release. It's been estimated by experts in the hobby that only 2000 copies of the game were manufactured and out of those, only 200 actually made their way to stores” 

Oct 17 at 8:10:00 AM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
What are the stats you have on Stadium Events?

Oct 17 at 8:23:44 AM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
I'm not really in the market for this stuff anyway, so it doesn't really affect me much - but one thing I've noticed is there seems to be a lot of inconsistencies with some of this stuff. For example, Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX both have the 'Squaresoft' logo on the front - yet one of the cases says 'Square' and the other says 'Squaresoft' [maybe there's something I don't know about there].

And then I see stuff like this and I wonder - how in the heck is this an "A+" seal?
https://certifiedlink.com/img/com...

Oh well - this whole phenomenon / direction is interesting.

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Oct 17 at 10:06:51 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland

Also who says someone doesn't have a nicer copy that hasn't been subbed yet. I went thru and just checked them all out but I'd be very worried if I was buying 

Oct 17 at 11:07:20 AM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
The page literally looks like an angelfire site from 1999. I was half expecting to see the hamster dance after clicking on an auction.

Woof.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Oct 17 at 11:08:23 AM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
Originally posted by: romiked2689

Also who says someone doesn't have a nicer copy that hasn't been subbed yet. I went thru and just checked them all out but I'd be very worried if I was buying 

Then it hasn’t been graded, which is the claim. That’s not really an issue.

Edited: 10/17/2019 at 11:13 AM by ExplodedHamster

Oct 17 at 11:10:39 AM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

The page literally looks like an angelfire site from 1999. I was half expecting to see the hamster dance after clicking on an auction.

Woof.

Yes, tbh, Heritage has everyone blown away in terms of modernization. Metropolis (another major comic player) has a similar format to ComicLink.

All three still put up good results financially, though.

Edited: 10/17/2019 at 11:12 AM by ExplodedHamster

Oct 17 at 12:39:13 PM
JasonLives (2)
(Jason Crosby) < Little Mac >
Pennsylvania

Hey guys - we got the box grade info from WATA on the titles that were highest graded (tied with others) and single highest graded.  For now, the main numerical grade is the only info we have.  The intention for these auction descriptions is to properly market these games while being accurate.  So if anyone sees anything that is not accurate please let me know. 

Adam - as far as the Stadium Events description - let me know what the issue and I'll remove it/revise it.  

ComicLink & CertifiedLink Auctions - Send me a DM if you are interested in consigning to our next auction, coming up in October.  Taking consignments now. 
http://www.comiclink.com

Now Playing: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) / Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch)

Edited: 10/17/2019 at 01:12 PM by JasonLives

Oct 17 at 9:31:18 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio
Originally posted by: JasonLives

Hey guys - we got the box grade info from WATA on the titles that were highest graded (tied with others) and single highest graded.  For now, the main numerical grade is the only info we have.  The intention for these auction descriptions is to properly market these games while being accurate.  So if anyone sees anything that is not accurate please let me know. 

Adam - as far as the Stadium Events description - let me know what the issue and I'll remove it/revise it.  

Where did the 200 surviving initial recall number come from?

Given that many of the games that survived initial recall in the 80s would have faced further destruction from 10 or more years of housecleaning it seems too low of a number. However, I don’t have a hard number to give you.

I’d be curious to hear what others here think about this number. 

Edited: 10/17/2019 at 09:32 PM by Buyatari

Oct 18 at 8:21:24 AM
JasonLives (2)
(Jason Crosby) < Little Mac >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Buyatari

Originally posted by: JasonLives

Where did the 200 surviving initial recall number come from?

Given that many of the games that survived initial recall in the 80s would have faced further destruction from 10 or more years of housecleaning it seems too low of a number. However, I don’t have a hard number to give you.

I’d be curious to hear what others here think about this number. 

We sold a different copy in the same grade in June 2019 and I did the research then for that description so I honestly don't remember where that estimate originated from.    If I google "Stadium Events" now, I see a couple of online articles that reference that 200 number the earliest one being in 2017. I checked Heritage and they are also using that number in their Stadium Events descriptions.  One in February 2019 and also the 6.0 copy they have coming up in the next auction.  So it's a number that's been used to estimate the supply for at least a couple of years. 

Edit: Actually I see an earlier article from January 2015 estimating 200 when the $99,850 copy sold on ebay.  

ComicLink & CertifiedLink Auctions - Send me a DM if you are interested in consigning to our next auction, coming up in October.  Taking consignments now. 
http://www.comiclink.com

Now Playing: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) / Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch)

Edited: 10/18/2019 at 08:29 AM by JasonLives

Oct 18 at 9:48:23 AM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Erroneously used.

I don't think Adam is disputing that it's been reported in the past as 200 copies, I think he is questioning the source and validity of that claim.

An auction house has more responsibility to accurately report claims IMO as money is on the line. I also don't care much about comic book folk overpaying for NES stuff, so it's not a battle I'd personally fight.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Oct 18 at 3:06:13 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio
If there were only 200 in 1987 I just feel that there would be less copies around today than there are.
I have nothing to back that up with.

You have stated that it is an estimate and others have used the same estimate so I see no real harm in leaving it.
I just don't believe it.