Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

a good place for manuals?

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:20:09 PM
00fatstrat (0)
(Ken ) < Little Mac >
Florida
i wonder if anyone else has noticed that shop nintendo still sells manuals? i called them to ask if they were reprints or originals and they said they would not be able to find out, but their computer stated some of them could be originals. the prices seem  good- all snes n64 gcn are $2 all nes gameboy are $1.25. any order over $5 is $5 shipping. they dont have much, but they do have some good stuff (if original) - conkers, mario rpg, pikmin 2, final fantasy maps. might be worth gambling on, maybe even for resell. i went ahead and got a twilight princess gc manual. here is the site (US)
https://store.nintendo.com/webapp...;
click select your system then game manuals.

-------------------------

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:37:44 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
All NES / SNES / N64 are definitely reprints from what I've heard, but not sure if anyone tried Gamecube manuals yet.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:07:20 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
That's pretty cool if you don't mind reprints. Also you could buy them to thumb through and keep your originals nice

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:08:06 PM
Zing (23)
(Daniel Corban) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Everything I received from Nintendo has been a photocopy. Do not waste your time.

They are not "nice" by any means. They are literally just copies someone made on a photocopier. They aren't bound in any fashion or cropped. It's just plain letter paper.

I managed to get them to refund my money after receiving that garbage.

Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay...

Edited: 01/05/2012 at 02:09 PM by Zing

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:10:04 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
Thanks Zing, a photocopy is not the same as a reprint, LOL

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:16:14 PM
00fatstrat (0)
(Ken ) < Little Mac >
Florida
hey zing did you get any gamecube ones? one thing makes me wonder- why would they photocopy the final fantasy maps? why not the zelda map or others? the woman on the phone did say some could be original. i thought about trying to get ahold of someone in shipping and asking them.

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:20:29 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: 00fatstrat

hey zing did you get any gamecube ones? one thing makes me wonder- why would they photocopy the final fantasy maps? why not the zelda map or others? the woman on the phone did say some could be original. i thought about trying to get ahold of someone in shipping and asking them.

If you buy a 20 game NES lot from me, there could be a Stadium Events in it. 

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:25:36 PM
00fatstrat (0)
(Ken ) < Little Mac >
Florida
Originally posted by: jonebone

If you buy a 20 game NES lot from me, there could be a Stadium Events in it. 

really? how much? lol. i see your point

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:34:09 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
They sold many, many copies of original NES manuals long after the death of the system much like Racermate and Wisdom Tree sold their stuff well after. Like JB said though, just photocopies from here on out though.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:41:08 PM
00fatstrat (0)
(Ken ) < Little Mac >
Florida
ok got a follow-up here. got the manual today, it was a photocopy of wii twilight princess, wrong console. called about the issue, nintendo wanted to try and send out the gamecube version and let me find out if it was a photocopy or not. i figured if they didnt have any wii manuals, they sure wouldnt have any gcn manuals. i say just give me a refund and the rep says ok just mail back the photocopy and PAY RETURN SHIPPING! i tell the dude that isnt right, i pay shipping for something they sent wrong in the first place? and for something i could have printed for free off their site? long story short, i talk to a supervisor and get full refund and dont mail anything back. i also stated that their site should inform people that they dont have any more original manuals. funny that a multi-billion dollar company would try to screw someone out of $2+time+gas because of their mistake. thanks nintendo. -end rant

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:04:00 AM
Indigo_Streetlight (48)
(John Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Maryland
With the Twilight Princess GCN it might be easier to buy a complete copy when the market is low and flip the manual-less version. Also it could be worth checking Gamestop during the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sales.

Ebay can work too for more common / less sought-after stuff, look for cheap BINs from the same seller and get the combined shipping.

That night the Captain’s granddaughter
Would celebrate her birthday
“I’ve come a long way,” said the Captain,
“From Lost Christabel this night.
Accompanied by my dog familiar,
To blast your rafters with my surprise.
Granddaughter, It’s a foreign mirror
Taken from the jungle by crime!”

~ Blue Oyster Cult - Magna of Illusion

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:08:33 PM
00fatstrat (0)
(Ken ) < Little Mac >
Florida
Originally posted by: Indigo_Streetlight

With the Twilight Princess GCN it might be easier to buy a complete copy when the market is low and flip the manual-less version. Also it could be worth checking Gamestop during the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sales.

Ebay can work too for more common / less sought-after stuff, look for cheap BINs from the same seller and get the combined shipping.

appreciate the suggestion. finding tp for under $30 is not easy right now.

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:07:58 PM
Nistle (94)
(Dustin Lett) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
Thats sucks. Atleast we know now. Thanks

NES Collection: 83.73% Completed

Carts: 709/766
Manuals: 616/765
Boxes: 594/761

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:42:47 AM
Indigo_Streetlight (48)
(John Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Maryland

Originally posted by: Indigo_Streetlight

appreciate the suggestion. finding tp for under $30 is not easy right now.

Yeah, now is a bad time of year for buying, though some dodgy amazon sellers are creeping in at around $24. I think I got mine for around $5 at a yard sale, right before the current craziness of the Wii version being worth less.

That night the Captain’s granddaughter
Would celebrate her birthday
“I’ve come a long way,” said the Captain,
“From Lost Christabel this night.
Accompanied by my dog familiar,
To blast your rafters with my surprise.
Granddaughter, It’s a foreign mirror
Taken from the jungle by crime!”

~ Blue Oyster Cult - Magna of Illusion

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:03:06 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Quoted from NINTENDO's Online Store:

"This is the manual that was packaged with the game. The manual you receive may be a photocopy of the original manual."

It may be a photocopy... Hmm...

I've heard people here are getting these photocopies, any pics?

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:13:06 PM
00fatstrat (0)
(Ken ) < Little Mac >
Florida
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

Quoted from NINTENDO's Online Store:

"This is the manual that was packaged with the game. The manual you receive may be a photocopy of the original manual."

It may be a photocopy... Hmm...

I've heard people here are getting these photocopies, any pics?

just printer paper. but hey, at least its semi-gloss! (sarcasm)

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:40:23 PM
Zing (23)
(Daniel Corban) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario

ok got a follow-up here. got the manual today, it was a photocopy of wii twilight princess, wrong console. called about the issue, nintendo wanted to try and send out the gamecube version and let me find out if it was a photocopy or not. i figured if they didnt have any wii manuals, they sure wouldnt have any gcn manuals. i say just give me a refund and the rep says ok just mail back the photocopy and PAY RETURN SHIPPING! i tell the dude that isnt right, i pay shipping for something they sent wrong in the first place? and for something i could have printed for free off their site? long story short, i talk to a supervisor and get full refund and dont mail anything back. i also stated that their site should inform people that they dont have any more original manuals. funny that a multi-billion dollar company would try to screw someone out of $2+time+gas because of their mistake. thanks nintendo. -end rant

Your experience is almost exactly mine.

I ordered Golden Sun 1 & 2 manuals & map. The Nintendo store clearly said that it was for manuals and map. My confidence was also boosted by the fact that these particular entries said nothing about the possibility of photocopies, while every other game I checked did. I assumed they actually had the manuals and maps for these.

I received photocopies of the manuals. No maps at all. I wrote and complained immediately. I got the same response as you. They wanted me to pay to return the manuals. Screw that. I complained again and got my full money refunded with no further effort on my end.

Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay...