NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Current homebrew/reproduction companies and websites Latest addition 5/15/2014

LOCKED TOPIC

May 23, 2015 at 5:02:28 PM
MS3QT (3)
< Tourian Tourist >
District of Columbia
Just curious, has anyone ordered from retrogamerryan.com? How did the games turn out?

-------------------------
-:-  Currently Playing  -:-
AVS - Nothing!  -:- PS4 - Nothing! -:- PSTV - Nothing!  -:-  Steam - PC Building Simulator; Rise of the Tomb Raider; Portal 2; Devil May Cry 5 -:- Android - Clash of Clans; AdVenture Capitalist

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:19:32 AM
BitBytePixelSprite (0)

< Cherub >
Hey guys I'm new to all this but I wanted to check. With Retroquestgames.com has anyone ordered from them since the change back in October? I'm interested but I wanted to know if anyone has worked with them since?

Jun 2, 2015 at 12:27:40 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
I bought a $35 CIB Classic Kong off them back a few months ago. It was actually cheaper with shipping than the old loose copy from Piko.

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Jun 5, 2015 at 8:05:55 PM
nerdynebraskan (68)

(Jackson Meredith) < Lolo Lord >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: Necrosaro420

Your order was placed 2/23, you emailed one time on 3/23.  It is one of the next few out. 

Hey man,

I placed an order on GameReproductions more than 4 months ago. I've been messaging once a month asking about the status of my order, and I've only gotten one "soon" response out of you... two months ago.

I also agree with your last complaining customer that your utter lack of communication with your paying customers makes all this even worse. I'm at the point where I'm actively telling people interested in repros not to deal with you. GR just doesn't seem to be worth the hassle.

Two-time "Beat Every NES Game" Champion (2014, 2018)
(Why isn't there an Award for this?)

Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2019?
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 28, 2015 at 6:07:24 PM
SCI_Repro_Guy (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Tourian Tourist >
Iowa
Add my store to the list please!

LLSNES

I am doing a run of snes games, first will be star ocean:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2386...

If these sell, I'll do a run of Ancient Stone Tablets for a similar price.

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:53:25 PM
NiMaD83 (0)

(Damin Graham) < Cherub >
Oregon
Chipmasters is having a customer appreciation sale for 25% off site wide @shop.chipmasters.us coupon code is REPROLOVERS that puts most all snes repros at 26.25

I got got Sailor Moon Another Story & Secret of Mana 2 for 55$, i guess we will see how they handle everything else

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:18:34 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: NiMaD83

Chipmasters is having a customer appreciation sale for 25% off site wide @shop.chipmasters.us coupon code is REPROLOVERS that puts most all snes repros at 26.25

I got got Sailor Moon Another Story & Secret of Mana 2 for 55$, i guess we will see how they handle everything else
Sweet. I just picked up Panic in the Mushroom Kingdom!

Jul 5, 2015 at 10:47:35 PM
barneygumble (2)

(Barney Gumble) < Cherub >
Austria
Just got my package from Retrogamelab :

Small testorder on their Repro DC Games and SNES Boxes : Both are pretty poor quality.

SNES Box : To thin, Inkjet print laminated, text on the box is unclear "bleeding" from inkjet print (usually from cheap paper)

DreamCast Repro : Box/Case/Manual : Same poor quality as above SNES Box. Disc is simple CDR with Inkjet printedlable.

Anyone ordered there before ? Or Just I got their worst 2 products ?

Jul 11, 2015 at 9:55:48 PM
NiMaD83 (0)

(Damin Graham) < Cherub >
Oregon
Is there anyone out there that does great snes boxes and cart holders (i never remember what these are called)? And maybe manuals? And not the plastic "custom cases"
I need one for
Sailor Moon - Another Story
Secret Of Mana 2
4-1 Multicart =
Alcahest
Eternal Filena
Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom
Super Mario World - Return to Dinosaur Land

Jul 12, 2015 at 6:02:13 PM
thechristoph (2)

(Ain't Nobody) < Little Mac >
Georgia
Your link to the Nolan Bros is dead.

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:03:46 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: thechristoph

Your link to the Nolan Bros is dead.
That's likely because we haven't done them in many, many years.

Jul 13, 2015 at 7:46:00 AM
Trifecta (21)

(Ron Jenkins) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Can a mod add my website to the list? It's http://www.elysianfieldsgames.com...

Elysian Fields Reproductions specializes in making SNES repros with boxes, manuals, and posters. I will be slowly adding more items as time goes along and I do take requests for games not in the catalog.

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:27:58 PM
knievil (0)

(chip masters) < Cherub >
Pennsylvania
Our link has slightly changed its HTTPS://shop.chipmasters.us... we are still running our customer appreciation sale till then end of the month possibly a little longer. The code is REPROLOVERS its for 25% off and it puts mist SNES and genesis repros at 26.00. Laminated labels clean unstained OEM shells you will be impressed I promise

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:56:36 PM
caratekid (40)

(mark corrado) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Anyone ever do any work with SCI Repro Guy?

Sep 12, 2015 at 8:42:37 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: NiMaD83

Is there anyone out there that does great snes boxes and cart holders (i never remember what these are called)? And maybe manuals? And not the plastic "custom cases"
I need one for
Sailor Moon - Another Story
Secret Of Mana 2
4-1 Multicart =
Alcahest
Eternal Filena
Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom
Super Mario World - Return to Dinosaur Land

UncleTusk sells the SNES cart trays for $5 a pop, I believe, and if you want some good quality boxes, hit up fsped09/nes-city. His work is great as well! I know this post was made a few months back, but if you haven't found what you're looking for yet, I'd begin there

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:47:08 PM
retrofox (0)

< Cherub >
Originally posted by: barneygumble

Small testorder on their Repro DC Games and SNES Boxes : Both are pretty poor quality.

SNES Box : To thin, Inkjet print laminated, text on the box is unclear "bleeding" from inkjet print (usually from cheap paper)

DreamCast Repro : Box/Case/Manual : Same poor quality as above SNES Box. Disc is simple CDR with Inkjet printedlable.

This guy went onto a site called "RetroGameLab Reproductions" then complained when he got reproductions, refused to return the goods that 100's of people before him LOVED. But tried to get his money back via paypal.

He then tried to pressure me into releasing the money by posting fake reviews allover the place.
Ignoring all my attempts to calm this idiot down and solve it, He never ONCE emailed me He jumped right into paypal and lied his backside off along with forums review sites ect ect.
I hardly call £90 a "Test order" He lied and contradicted him self to paypal causing him to loose his scam attempt on me.  

Do not take anything this guy says into account. My website is full of pictures and lengthly descriptions of the product. This guy knew exactly what he was purchasing but wanted it all for free.
Again ... do not listen to this scam artist.

He wanted all the money back, and wanted to keep the products..... scam artist.
Check the fact he has ONE post, says it all.
He was just trying to preasure me into releasing MY money for free.

Go to www.RetroGameLab.com... and you will get a great service like everyone else does =) 211 happy customers from around the world cant be wrong. Pictures of the actual products cant be misleading lol. =D

www.RetroGameLab.com...

Edited: 09/12/2015 at 12:53 PM by retrofox

Sep 12, 2015 at 4:02:50 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: retrofox

Originally posted by: barneygumble

This guy went onto a site called "RetroGameLab Reproductions" then complained when he got reproductions, refused to return the goods that 100's of people before him LOVED. But tried to get his money back via paypal.

He then tried to pressure me into releasing the money by posting fake reviews allover the place.
Ignoring all my attempts to calm this idiot down and solve it, He never ONCE emailed me He jumped right into paypal and lied his backside off along with forums review sites ect ect.
I hardly call £90 a "Test order" He lied and contradicted him self to paypal causing him to loose his scam attempt on me.  

Do not take anything this guy says into account. My website is full of pictures and lengthly descriptions of the product. This guy knew exactly what he was purchasing but wanted it all for free.
Again ... do not listen to this scam artist.

He wanted all the money back, and wanted to keep the products..... scam artist.
Check the fact he has ONE post, says it all.
He was just trying to preasure me into releasing MY money for free.

Go to www.RetroGameLab.com and you will get a great service like everyone else does =) 211 happy customers from around the world cant be wrong. Pictures of the actual products cant be misleading lol. =D

Sorry you had to deal with this asshat. I'm more of a loose collector (when an option between loose and CIB exists, I take the cheaper route) but I'll check out your site.

Your Game Boy box selection stops with C on the alphabet. Work in progess? Also I would check the rules regarding reproductions of released games. I own an authentic Shantae cart, albeit loose. The classic gray DMG shell on yours is just so wrong looking...

Edited: 09/12/2015 at 04:17 PM by Kosmic StarDust

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:10:32 PM
retrofox (0)

< Cherub >
Ah well getting brand new parts for all my repros restricts the outcome some what =) lol
Grey carts are all I can get =), plus defines repro very obviously =) 
(I hate tearing down original games, no matter how bad they are)

With gameboy boxes ending early .. tbh was not meant 2 happen .. kinda lost track on that lol.
I think im going to completely change the box section on the site anyway so .. lets see lol.
I usually just take custom requests on boxes.. easyer then customers scrolling through tons of pages =)

Thanks for the reply mate =) If you have any suggestions on items 2 stock or ways to improve the website, let me know =)
Im feeling a remodel maybe needed after almost 2 years with the same setup.

www.RetroGameLab.com...

Edited: 09/12/2015 at 11:12 PM by retrofox

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:35:16 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana

Ah well getting brand new parts for all my repros restricts the outcome some what =) lol
Grey carts are all I can get =), plus defines repro very obviously =) 
(I hate tearing down original games, no matter how bad they are)
Weird. My GB Everdrive and a couple homebrews I own use the clear Color type shell with the "Game" printed on it. Yours is the first I have seen with the gray DMG style shell variant.

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:56:17 PM
retrofox (0)

< Cherub >
I know right?
I still cant get them for some reason though lol =(
The shell im using dnt have any sd card slot openings.
Maybe your Clear repro's are tear-downs on oldskool bootlegs? That might be a good idea

www.RetroGameLab.com...

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:23:08 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana

I know right?
I still cant get them for some reason though lol =(
The shell im using dnt have any sd card slot openings.
Maybe your Clear repro's are tear-downs on oldskool bootlegs? That might be a good idea
Not sure honestly. My Krikzz Everdrive and my Chunkout GBC both use clear GAME shells. They are shaped like GBC cases but also have the notch in the corner so they can be loaded in an unmodified DMG Game Boy. Chunkout did not have the slot for SD; the ED case does. Honestly I believe the repro shells for Everdrives are newly manufactured bootleg shells with the SD/MicroSD slots machined out.

I have also witnessed half a dozen or so variants of aftermarket NES shells for homebrew/repro use, these not counting vintage bootlegs. They are available in various colors and each have slight differences from the standard licensed gray NES cart. INL and RetroUSB each have their own NES cart shells, and I have seen others as well. The INL shells have 5 screws; the RetroUSB shels have 3. Krikzz have his own everdrive shells compatible with either the Famicom or NES N8, and I have one homebrew from Hong Kong (Star Keeper) which have another gray shell that clones the licensed NES shell. This one features slanted grooves in the thumb tab. Since design patents on the NES shell have expired, none of the homebrew/repro guys have attempted to differentiate their shells from bog standard NES, besides often using batches of different colored plastics. This is in contrast to vintage cart shell designs by unlicensed (non pirate) companies, which each had a distinctive styling. Compare black Tengen to blue Color Dreams to gold/silver Camerica.

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:59:57 PM
retrofox (0)

< Cherub >
I have access to both NTSC & PAL shape SNES carts with notches out the back making them fit all consoles.
I love this kind of thing, great idea.
I can also get Grey & Red NES shells, like you say the tones a bit different on the grey. (lighter)

Hopfully soon I can come across GBC style shells In bulk, I have some unreleased games in mind that would look great in them. Fingers crossed =)

www.RetroGameLab.com...

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:14:26 AM
Vidmusc (0)
(Ben ) < Cherub >
Ohio
Was curious, and wanted to know, does anyone who's ordered from Chipmasters know how long it usually takes for the order to ship?

Sep 26, 2015 at 2:44:49 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: gwyndion

I just updated the list with "Stone Age Gamer".

Please PM me if you have any other repro makers or flash drive makers.

Stone Age Gamer does not manufacture the flash carts. They are an authorized dealer for Krikzz Everdrives and have their own badging for them...

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:07:33 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
I just ordered a Mr Gimmick (Full Audio) from shopflashbackgames.com
http://www.shopflashbackgames.com...

Anyone have any experience with them? I'll update this report when my cart arrives.