NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Welcome to AVS Scoreboard Topic!

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:47:59 PM
StuOhQ (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Originally posted by: Ninjatemper

Anyone else having trouble with the Scoreboard application crashing randomly when you're checking high scores or trying to submit a high score? I've lost a few really good runs due to this   Doesn't happen consistently, but happens often enough to make going for a high score run a daunting idea.

Just lost a Pac-Man high-score that was >50k. I'm pretty salty. Is there any way to check crashed submissions? Time was 10:42 PT and play clock on scoreboard read 9:42.678...

-------------------------
Retro Tech Select
Check out my YouTube Channel for old-school gaming goodness!

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:08:10 PM
stillplayingnes (3)
(GenesisGuy ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
The AVS Scoreboard has reignited some excitement for me to play more NES games.
This is an awesome feature!

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:05:39 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Originally posted by: stillplayingnes

Thats awesome, havent seen you around since the days of PTN.

Playas Guide Logo

Feb 18, 2017 at 2:00:25 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
Please add monopoly to the scoreboard

And please update scoreboard to 1.14 for Mac ver

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:54:57 AM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: zi

And please update scoreboard to 1.14 for Mac ver

What was your issue? There were a few workarounds that were found and from what I saw most people were able to get it working.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:27:25 AM
zi (73)
New York
it's beautiful, elegant, functional... but no support for recent runaway hit Scramble (by Khan Games. Pick one up today!)

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:44:28 AM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
If that's your only issue, you might as well forget about it. Never topping my high score!

Feb 19, 2017 at 2:16:45 PM
zi (73)
New York
Originally posted by: mattbep

If that's your only issue, you might as well forget about it. Never topping my high score!

fair enough.

Edited: 02/19/2017 at 02:19 PM by zi

Feb 19, 2017 at 2:21:05 PM
mattbep (107)
Pennsylvania
Doesn't count! Also, you probably hacked.

Feb 19, 2017 at 2:31:35 PM
zi (73)
New York
hax? triggered! well, on topic, it's politely requested: 1.14 for mac.

supporting all the boards and chips can be done, i mean, can't you just add more tables to make it work? right? That's how things get added: tables?

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:48:39 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: zi

Originally posted by: mattbep

fair enough.

Sone of a...  

I took another whack at it today, but my game wasn't up to snuff. I never even cleared the base, and my top score was 38000 and some change. I'll whack at it again later, but even if the scoreboard app failed, we all know Zi is the champion. Well done. I've got some high lofty goals to beat...  

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:01:21 PM
mattbep (107)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Kosmic StarDust

even if the scoreboard app failed, we all know Zi is the champion

False! I will not accept this! #notmyscramblechamp

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:40:16 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
I'm beginning to think my 76k score was a fluke. I destroyed the base twice in a row, single game. First and only time I've beat the game, and I did it back to back with no restarts.

Getting six figures in this game is hard as balls.

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 02/19/2017 at 11:43 PM by Kosmic StarDust

Sep 17, 2017 at 12:16:39 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Hey, just wanted to say I'm loving my AVS so far, it was a great purchase. The scoreboard is great and was easy to set up; only real issue being that I have to have a really long cord as well as a USB extension cable in order for the AVS to reach my PC to submit scores, but overall it's not SO bad. Looking forward to tearing up the leaderboards, especially for shmups, so if you have high scores up there look out, cuz here I come! > 

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:17:59 AM
Tsurugi_Takuma (0)
(Nicklas ) < Little Mac >
Sweden
Originally posted by: Gloves

Hey, just wanted to say I'm loving my AVS so far, it was a great purchase. The scoreboard is great and was easy to set up; only real issue being that I have to have a really long cord as well as a USB extension cable in order for the AVS to reach my PC to submit scores, but overall it's not SO bad. Looking forward to tearing up the leaderboards, especially for shmups, so if you have high scores up there look out, cuz here I come! > 

I would need a 30ft USB cord to connect to my rig... A year ago it sounded like a version of the app might be created for Raspberry, so I'm still hoping for that.

Oct 14, 2017 at 9:31:25 PM
Only_None (0)
(Dana M) < Tourian Tourist >
Alberta
So satisfying

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:41:12 PM
stillplayingnes (3)
(GenesisGuy ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Originally posted by: ne$_pimp

Originally posted by: stillplayingnes

Thats awesome, havent seen you around since the days of PTN.

That was so long ago I don't even remember what PTN stands for.  Little help?   

Feb 28, 2018 at 2:26:52 PM
Henners (0)
< Cherub >
scoring pretty well at Summer Carnival 92 Recca but my highest score i guess I waited too long to reset. It said I changed cartridges  

IG https://www.instagram.com/neo_robo/
Tumblr http://neorobo.tumblr.com/

Feb 28, 2018 at 4:58:06 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: Henners

scoring pretty well at Summer Carnival 92 Recca but my highest score i guess I waited too long to reset. It said I changed cartridges  

That error is not related to how long you waited. I would guess you are playing on a flash cart. 
When playing on a flash cart you need to load the game, then exit out of the game and "view high scores" before you play.  This is how you can test that the ROM is good, and that its working properly.  

Edited: 02/28/2018 at 04:58 PM by Mog

Feb 28, 2018 at 5:48:04 PM
Henners (0)
< Cherub >
I'm playing via flash cart but it's only when I take long enough to snap a pic of the score and then reset. I know to load the game first, go back, and do it. I've had mostly successful uploads - my highest score on it had that issue.   Not a total loss, still had video capture of the run and it still didn't move me from 2nd to 1st on the AVS leader oard for it. Just frustrating it has happened a few times.

IG https://www.instagram.com/neo_robo/
Tumblr http://neorobo.tumblr.com/