NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Aug 19, 2007 at 11:51:01 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: dangevin

Originally posted by: Bronty

That's the story - where's the proof? A) a test market does not equal a recall. B) Like Nick said, everything I "know" about that story is from hearsay. Does anyone at all have any evidence whatsoever to back up the story we've heard 100 times?

Etler would probably know, is he still floating around?

now there's an idea. He still runs video game connection (s?), as far as I know. I'll drop him a line.

EDIT: Mike is 'vgc' on ebay. I've dropped him a line.

-------------------------

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 08/19/2007 at 11:57 AM by Bronty

Aug 19, 2007 at 12:06:25 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: nes_king

well the game is not worth anything close to $1700.

you wouldn't think so, although between the high bidder, the underbidder, and mb on our boards there has to be at least two people (ie even if one *is* a shill) interested at this level, and yourself not far behind. I dunno. It'll be fun to see where this ends, interesting to see if it gets paid for, and just as fun to watch the next one.

I would suggest you guys keep in touch with the seller. Maybe if the item doesn't get paid for he will accept a lower offer?

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Aug 19, 2007 at 2:11:30 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

Originally posted by: dangevin

That's the story - where's the proof? A) a test market does not equal a recall. B) Like Nick said, everything I "know" about that story is from hearsay. Does anyone at all have any evidence whatsoever to back up the story we've heard 100 times?

Etler would probably know, is he still floating around?

now there's an idea. He still runs video game connection (s?), as far as I know. I'll drop him a line.

EDIT: Mike is 'vgc' on ebay. I've dropped him a line.

Response from Mike, lol:

Q: Hello, hows it going. I really dont have any memory of a Stadium Events Recall. Too many Beers ago. Sorry I could not help. Mike : )

Aug 19, 2007 at 9:32:07 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Congrats Erik, 1775, wow!
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Aug 19, 2007 at 9:37:14 PM
nes_king (63)
(josh .) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
braveheart dont u allready own a copy of this?

sell me your flintstones surprise at dinosaur peak MANUAL..

Aug 19, 2007 at 9:39:34 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
He doesn't...

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Aug 19, 2007 at 10:25:06 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Holy crap i thought he owned it too. Congrats Erik!

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Aug 19, 2007 at 10:29:58 PM
antofarabia (106)
(Papa Smurf) < Kraid Killer >
Georgia
Erik request additional pictures and items from this fellow...I've been sceptical of this auction the entire time...do it man...I smell scam.

They call me big Papa ....

Aug 19, 2007 at 10:30:45 PM
mario's left nut (163)
(Poster Nutbag) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana

Braveheart -

Does this huge purchase mean we won't be seeing your name under the high bidder portion of auctions?!?!?!

Congrats bud!

I guess we will never know who Bidder 11 was...and the SE mystery deepens again.

Do tigers sleep in lily patches, do rhinos run from thunder?

Aug 19, 2007 at 10:57:36 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Someone assumed I had this game, actually it is (hopefully if this is not a scam) was the last cart I needed for the set. Just need SE box/book and Peek-a-boo box/book and Chubby Cherub box to have complete complete in box set now. I wasn't going to buy this but with everyone who wants this I don't see it getting any cheaper anytime soon, especially with how rare they are. I figured with over 1200 different CIB games in my NES collection it might be nice to have at least the cart set complete. Now let's just hope I get this.
~E~

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Aug 19, 2007 at 11:08:23 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
antofarabia: why do you smell scam? He has a close-up picture, he's responsive to emails, and he even has a receipt with STADIUM EVENTS right on it!

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Aug 19, 2007 at 11:11:44 PM
antofarabia (106)
Georgia
His payment/pick up terms and where he bought it do not add up offf hand.

Payment must be Paypal only even if you do Local Pickup.  Well why would you want that?  Paypal will eat your funds...wouldn't a person prefer cash?

He lives in Georgia and the receipt is in Canada...maybe I'm overthinking this, but with this game's wild popularity I would think a Canadian would have had a much better chance of finding this than him.

Aug 19, 2007 at 11:13:02 PM
antofarabia (106)
Georgia
And I do believe someone owns this copy and was possibly braggin about it...I just don't think the seller is the owner.

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:12:43 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I think the auction is legit. But if Erik makes it worth my time at all I will drive down and pick it up personally from the seller. That way he has zero risk involved.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:22:16 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I think the auction is legit too.

Congrats Erik!!

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:29:02 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

Someone assumed I had this game, actually it is (hopefully if this is not a scam) was the last cart I needed for the set. Just need SE box/book and Peek-a-boo box/book and Chubby Cherub box to have complete complete in box set now. I wasn't going to buy this but with everyone who wants this I don't see it getting any cheaper anytime soon, especially with how rare they are. I figured with over 1200 different CIB games in my NES collection it might be nice to have at least the cart set complete. Now let's just hope I get this.

~E~

And hey!! You hid your interest this time, alright!

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:54:11 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Thanks Dan. I know I learned me something... LOL! When someone put that I had this one in that thread I didn't say anything cause I thought that would play into my hand of trying to win the next one since people wouldn't think I would be bidding on it. I do have PAL version mint complete in box but not NTSC.
Getting very close now assuming this gets here 3 boxes, 1 book, and 1 instruction sheet.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Aug 20, 2007 at 1:44:30 AM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
Erik, you got a FFF Athletic World box then?

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:42:02 AM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Wow $1775..........AMAZING.

Any idea who bidders 10, 11, 13, and 14 are?

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Aug 20, 2007 at 10:36:47 AM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Congrats Erik.  

Al

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Aug 20, 2007 at 11:27:34 AM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Good one Marios Left Nut,You should know by now that Braveheart never runs out of money.I guarntee he still buys up all the boxed lots,he has to fund this over priced purchase somehow.Mostly by buying CIB lots then selling them back to us for more,so in a round about way we all paid for this SE by letting him win all the auctions on e-bay.

Aug 20, 2007 at 11:34:37 AM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Originally posted by: NOFRIENDO

Good one Marios Left Nut,You should know by now that Braveheart never runs out of money.I guarntee he still buys up all the boxed lots,he has to fund this over priced purchase somehow.Mostly by buying CIB lots then selling them back to us for more,so in a round about way we all paid for this SE by letting him win all the auctions on e-bay.

I'd say there is nothing wrong with buying games and reselling them, especially if one was to buy a bunch, pick through the best for his/her collection and resell off their duplicates. That's how I did it a few years back and it made collecting A LOT easier.

Great win braveheart and congrats on closing in on a truely COMPLETE set.
Josh

eBay listings here

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:30:46 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California

Dude what the hell is your problem. How old are you 10? Get over it. If someone wants to make a purchase of anything, whether its an SE or a lot of boxed games, they are entitles to. All you do is cry about how braveheart has all this money to buy all these games. Is this Jealousy? If you want to win a lot you have to be prepared to pay for it. Trust me, on most these lots with common games braveheart is bidding on hes not throwing in huge final bids. hes just trying to get them as cheap as possible so he can pick through them. So if you truly want one of these lots that you never stop complaining about because of "Braveheart" you need to grow some balls and throw some money down.

Edited: 08/20/2007 at 12:32 PM by Hogie1418

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:40:49 PM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia

Chill dude. If you can beat em'.. Join em! Nothing is stopping you from doing the exact same thing... Just start with small lots, resell and make a little profit which you can reinvest a few times over until you can play with the big boys. It won't happen over night. Just have patience dude.

So in conclusion: DONT DO DRUGS!

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:42:57 PM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
Originally posted by: Hogie1418

Dude what the hell is your problem. How old are you 10? Get over it. If someone wants to make a purchase of anything, whether its an SE or a lot of boxed games, they are entitles to. All you do is cry about how braveheart has all this money to buy all these games. Is this Jealousy? If you want to win a lot you have to be prepared to pay for it. Trust me, on most these lots with common games braveheart is bidding on hes not throwing in huge final bids. hes just trying to get them as cheap as possible so he can pick through them. So if you truly want one of these lots that you never stop complaining about because of "Braveheart" you need to grow some balls and throw some money down.

Hah... I *HAD* a rant like this typed up... but this about sums up my thoughts.