Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NES Enthusiast / Collector making Custom NES, SNES, and N64 Arcade Cabinets for himself Intro to ME!!

Apr 27, 2012 at 3:20:45 PM
flamdrag (6)
(Nathan Willis) < Crack Trooper >
Idaho
I am a Cartridge Nintendo Enthusiast.
NES, SNES, and N64 are my bread and butter.
Handheld games are great but it's those three console systems for me.

My family didn't have a lot of money growing up, but they did splurge one year with an NES. 
The NES stayed with me, well played, until my teenage years.
That's when I got a Super Nintendo.

I never gave up on my NES though. I used the Super Nintendo as an "extension" of my NES. I played both consoles until High School (1995).

I never did get a Nintendo 64, but most all my friends had it.
It was that time when Goldeneye, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Star Fox, Mario 64, Madden 64, and more took over.

Anyway... I have a point here.

While growing up, I had this great idea (which I'm sure most have had) of building an Arcade Cabinet for my console systems.

Now that I have kids old enough to play the NES (Duck Hunt is the household favorite at the moment) I figured "Why not?!"

So I'm currently design a cabinet for the NES, one for the SNES, and one for the Nintendo 64.
I know we have all seen the Nintendo Arcade Cabinet featured in a Nintendo Power Magazine, but I wanted to do it a little different.
I will build the cabinet to house the consoles, games, and controllers seamlessly, but without modifying any of the original Nintendo Hardware. (Except for custom paint jobs).

I want to be able to have this cabinet that I can sell as a kit. The kit would be the cabinet, with all the wood cut, sanded, drilled, painted, and ready to just slide your console, games, controllers, and TV into the designated slots, without modifying your Nintendo in any way.

My profession is not carpentry. This will be the first major thing I will have built with wood.

My profession is 3D Modeling and Animation. I'm designing the cabinets in my 3D programs and will create blueprints from there.

That means that I will have 3D Renderings of my designs fairly soon that I can show here.

I know this post was EXTREMELY long...  ... but I wanted to introduce myself and what I'm planning to do.

When it comes to all the Super Nintendo Accessories I need for the cabinets, I'm only missing a few, but this isn't the proper thread to ask if anyone has what I need.

So I will end my Novel for now and thank you all for giving the kid inside me a place to let loose.

Apr 27, 2012 at 4:57:21 PM
Nightowljrm (42)
(Joseph Morgan) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Welcome aboard! Good luck with your project.

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:36:54 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
(Kenny Boy) < Master Higgins >
Colorado
Welcome to NA Nathan! I am a cabinetmaker, so if you have any wood construction questions, feel free to ask! Definitely share progress of the work, I have planned to do the same at some point and would love to see this project a reality.

-------------------------
Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:37:40 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Welcome to NA!

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:41:35 AM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
Welcome to NA Nathan!

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:00:59 AM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Welcome to the site sir!

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:48:46 AM
fsped09 (234)
(( nes-city.com )) < King Solomon >
New York
Welcome to NA!!

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:29:48 PM
Natendo (87)
(The artist formerly known as Nechestriah) < Ridley Wrangler >
Georgia
Welcome to NA!

youtube.com/user/natebit

WTB: 
Rescue Rangers 2 Manual  •  Fire N Ice Manual  •  Rad Racer 3D Glasses
Also, I'm always hunting for Complete Nintendo Powers and  loose Box/Manuals for NES - PM me if you have any extras!