NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"Sealed" Sculptor's Cut on eBay..

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:20:00 PM
HandsofHammersMitch (6)
(mitch hansen) < Little Mac >
Florida
http://www.ebay.com/itm/401291751...

​I'm 99.9% its a reseal. There is no H-Seam as the one documented from Nintendo of Canada auction had, and also I asked seller if the Blockbuster stick was ontop of the plastic or on the box. Seller replied that sticker is beneath plastic and on the box.

-------------------------
Oh... man! It's gonna be a long day...

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:28:15 PM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
I'm 100% sure it is a reseal. If it wasn't it would be $25k, not $3k.

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Edited: 03/15/2017 at 11:29 PM by PuppyWaffles

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:32:04 PM
HandsofHammersMitch (6)
Florida
Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles

I'm 100% sure it is a reseal. If it wasn't it would be $25k, not $3k.

Yeah, when I saw it I thought I stumbled upon a holy grail before anyone else. I decided to do some research before pulling the trigger.

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:34:14 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Just by looking closely at the pic you can tell the sticker is under the wrap, I didn't read your full post just clicked the link and had a look and that was the first thing (besides no h seam) that caught my eye. Reseal.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Edited: 03/15/2017 at 11:34 PM by Bort License Plate

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:47:18 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
If you guys remember, I sold a "sealed" Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals on eBay back in 2015. It seemed to be a former rental copy. I bought it from Blockbuster myself something like 15 years earlier so I guess you could say that I was the original owner... and you better believe I played up the fact that it was "sealed."

No, I didn't misrepresent it and freely stated that it had been resealed by Blockbuster Video with stickers on and under the wrap. I did say that it was as close to factory sealed as it could get due to specifically who resealed the game: the game's exclusive retailer. I didn't even know if it had the manual inside or not. Eh, good enough.  

TL;DR: Not factory sealed, but sealed by the original exclusive retail distributor.

Edited: 03/15/2017 at 11:48 PM by CZroe

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:48:11 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Intentionally misleading use of the word sealed, and obviously not factory sealed.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:56:38 AM
broncofantd793 (37)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
And it's a bit crushed. Who knows what the condition of the cart and manual are.

A sealed Transformers sold for almost $1900 a few months back.

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:26:52 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
I've often wondered if a sealed copy of SC even exists at all. If so, it is THE white whale of N64 collecting. I was excited even clicking this thread, quotations around the word "sealed" tempering my expectations on the way in and all.

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:09:36 PM
HandsofHammersMitch (6)
Florida
Originally posted by: Quaze

I've often wondered if a sealed copy of SC even exists at all. If so, it is THE white whale of N64 collecting. I was excited even clicking this thread, quotations around the word "sealed" tempering my expectations on the way in and all.
There are actually 2 confirmed. I got deep into the internet last night; there was a Nintendo of Canada auction years ago. The one that was in a lot had an H-Seam, and hang tab. Also didn't have any blockbuster sticker. I couldn't find anything on the second, but i would assume it would have to have the same characteristics as this one in order to be confirmed by the community. 

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:19:50 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: HandsofHammersMitch

There are actually 2 confirmed. I got deep into the internet last night; there was a Nintendo of Canada auction years ago. The one that was in a lot had an H-Seam, and hang tab. Also didn't have any blockbuster sticker. I couldn't find anything on the second, but i would assume it would have to have the same characteristics as this one in order to be confirmed by the community. 

I've still never laid eyes on one, I've often wondered what something like that (a sealed or VGA-graded copy) would sell for in an open auction in today's collecting climate.

My eBay feedback

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:43:57 PM
HandsofHammersMitch (6)
Florida

I've still never laid eyes on one, I've often wondered what something like that (a sealed or VGA-graded copy) would sell for in an open auction in today's collecting climate.

I can help you; http://s296.photobucket.com/user/...

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:57:28 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Both of the owners of Sculptor's cuts are members of this forum as well. And that Nintendo of Canada auction was actually talked about through here in live time when it happened. Just have to dig around.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:01:23 PM
john (21)
(John ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Give me 8 minutes and I'll photoshop you anything sealed, signed, and / or graded. Big savings, only 10K.

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:18:11 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: jonebone

Intentionally misleading use of the word sealed, and obviously not factory sealed.

yeah that auction description is lame 

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:28:28 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

I can help you; http://s296.photobucket.com/user/nocl604/media/Lot%2034/N640...

Thanks Mitch, what a beauty!

My eBay feedback

Mar 18, 2017 at 3:20:45 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: broncofantd793

And it's a bit crushed. Who knows what the condition of the cart and manual are.

Was it a similar re-seal?

...because that's the same exact thing CZroe and I got from Blockbuster Game Rush and finally sold (still sealed) a couple years ago. I never found out if there was a manual.

Mar 18, 2017 at 4:35:59 PM
broncofantd793 (37)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Ichinisan

Originally posted by: broncofantd793

Was it a similar re-seal?

...because that's the same exact thing CZroe and I got from Blockbuster Game Rush and finally sold (still sealed) a couple years ago. I never found out if there was a manual.

It had an H-seam.  If my memory serves me well, it was the version sold outside of blockbuster and didn't have the exclusive label on the front. 

Mar 18, 2017 at 6:32:29 PM
rdools (91)
(Rick Dools) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Looks like it sold today