NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

What's the Rarest and Most Valuable Piece of Your Collection

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:36:35 PM
T3rra (85)
(Terra ) < King Solomon >
Washington
Two things

This controller was my introduction to Final Fantasy. I got it with Final Fantasy IX and my PS2. I racked up countless hours with it through many PSone and PS2 games. It's no fancy dual shock 2, but it did the job. I liked it because it was clear, and they didn't have other colored controllers for the PS2 when I got it at launch. Value: Priceless. Rarity: one of a kind.

Second I have my Game Boy Color. This exact unit was purchased brand new at Costco in the late '90s with a copy of Pokemon Yellow. It helped grow my love for RPGs and mobile gaming. Also one of a kind and priceless. Super Mario Bros. Deluxe was purchased brand new when I upgraded to a GBA and my mom decided to hang on to the GBC for me.

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:46:20 PM
sheikah (58)
(Herb Dorr) < Meka Chicken >
New Jersey
Rarest would my sealed Resident Evil Gaiden for GBC.

Most expensive would be either my Clayfighters Sculptors Cut cart or my US copy of Faselei! for NGPC.

-------------------------
George Costanza Sex Bonanza

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:04:17 PM
medicdave79 (2)
(David ) < Tourian Tourist >
Michigan
My Sharp NES. I can play my zapper games on it! Weeeeee!

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:07:13 PM
th0rpe (36)
(JT ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Well I guess I have a few things.

Rarest I guess would be my World of Nintendo cabs.
Most valuable is probably my sealed Zelda 3DS bundle.

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:12:44 PM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
(Jorge Juarez) < King Solomon >
Mexico
I don't think people pay what they pay for Earth Bound just because it was officially unavailable in other form. People pay to own the cart/box/paper, not to play it. If that was so, all games would've heavily devaluated since the introduction of Power Paks, or even emulators/ROMS.

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:48:14 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Originally posted by: andrew244

Originally posted by: attakid101

I don't even know why I should comment here. You know what it is, attakid. And you should be pretty darn happy, too, 'cause after seeing what Nintendo's done with the Virtual Console release of Earthbound, I swear my end of the deal keeps getting worse and worse each day...
I'm really sorry to hear that you feel that way Andrew. I'm happy about our trade and I was hoping that you were too. I have regrets myself, but my regrets have nothing to do with the value of these items--I only paid $200 for that game. I just miss having that beautiful box on my shelf.
Have you seen what Nintendo has done with the Virtual Console release? Not only is the game $10, but they've released a free PDF of the player's manual on the website (http://earthbound.nintendo.com/playersguide/)
It just detracts so much from owning an original copy now. I guess this is Nintendo's way of stickin' it to collectors.

Yeah, man I saw that. I'm really sorry that this release changes the way you feel about our trade. I won't say that I don't understand where you're coming from. I know that I'd feel the same way. If it's any consolation, I doubt that the value of a CIB Earthbound will tank, especially in that condition. I promise I'll take good care of your poster.

Edited: 07/18/2013 at 08:48 PM by attakid101

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:08:37 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky

Originally posted by: attakid101

I don't even know why I should comment here. You know what it is, attakid. And you should be pretty darn happy, too, 'cause after seeing what Nintendo's done with the Virtual Console release of Earthbound, I swear my end of the deal keeps getting worse and worse each day...
I'm really sorry to hear that you feel that way Andrew. I'm happy about our trade and I was hoping that you were too. I have regrets myself, but my regrets have nothing to do with the value of these items--I only paid $200 for that game. I just miss having that beautiful box on my shelf.
Have you seen what Nintendo has done with the Virtual Console release? Not only is the game $10, but they've released a free PDF of the player's manual on the website (http://earthbound.nintendo.com/playersguide/)
It just detracts so much from owning an original copy now. I guess this is Nintendo's way of stickin' it to collectors.

Given the hellish price on Earthbound, if your hurt feelings comment of 'sticking it to collectors' is right, good for them.  They seem to have been doing that since they saw the horrible behavior of resellers and lost out consumers with the Mario All-Stars wii package and they blew out a larger second run over it.  I don't think they're sticking it to collectors, resellers sure, but I think the intent is to allow people who are being priced out of getting something reasonable there's a clear demand for by making it readily available.  No more than 2 months ago I got an amazing condition copy of the EB guide, you don't hear me crying about it.  It's still a REAL version you know.

Nintendo sees this is giving fans what they want, but clearly and primarily it's a way to make cash.

The game is $1 more expensive than SNES goes for ($8-9.)  With that premium you can use that PDF of the guide (yay for people!)  Let's do the math here.  Earthbound minty nice game $200~ and the guide $120+ so $320 more or less.  White WiiU $300 and EB Download $10.  Breaking even, and with the WiiU it's a console that plays games, netflix, and more.  They're playing off the high price tag hoping some would rather have a system than a solitary game.

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:23:06 PM
Deemar (12)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Meka Chicken >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Dain

Most valuable, probably my Grey NWC or sealed Myriad 6-in-1, but I also have some pretty rare 2600 games as well.

Most rare, that's tough... probably my CIB Atlantis II, which is the most complete copy every found (I spoke to Rick Weis and he seemed to agree).

Wow, you got some crazy nice pieces there. Which other 2600 games you got? I'd love to see some pictures.

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:23:53 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Tanooki

The game is $1 more expensive than SNES goes for ($8-9.)  With that premium you can use that PDF of the guide (yay for people!)  Let's do the math here.  Earthbound minty nice game $200~ and the guide $120+ so $320 more or less.  White WiiU $300 and EB Download $10.  Breaking even, and with the WiiU it's a console that plays games, netflix, and more.  They're playing off the high price tag hoping some would rather have a system than a solitary game.

Now that is enlightening and should make people realize how uncommon games should never reach rare game prices. Especially fun first-party games

Choice A
Buy an SNES for $20 and Earthbound cartridge for $300

Choice B
Buy a Wii-U for $300 and Earthbound VC for $10

You're saving $10 and can play modern games.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:26:50 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Valuable: gold NWC, so boring!
Rare: M1-4 ROB display, M8 CIB, M82 stand, displays are awesome!

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:28:18 PM
acidjaguar (668)
(Lloyd Christmas) < Bowser >
Montana
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

M1-4 ROB display

Yes please

For sale thread located here: click
Wanted to buy: click

Top wants currently: 
Old NES / SNES era newsletters and mailings
Original GB Chinese games (CHN coding on label)

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:33:00 PM
8bitgreatNES (0)

(Yeeeeaaaaah budy ) < Crack Trooper >
New Jersey
Rarest and most valuable... amazing tater cib mint mint mint. Bought for $2.00

Edited: 07/18/2013 at 09:34 PM by 8bitgreatNES

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:36:37 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

Valuable: gold NWC, so boring!
Rare: M1-4 ROB display, M8 CIB, M82 stand, displays are awesome!
That is an AWESOME list. Can you link us to some pictures???

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:15:57 PM
JNovo79 (120)
(Grumpy ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Illinois
Originally posted by: buttheadrulesagain

Originally posted by: JNovo79

Rarest: I'm guessing my copy of Pepsi Invaders or my Mr. Boston Clean Sweep
Most Expensive: See above.

Wow, Pepsi Invaders! Did you buy it from an original Coca Cola executive, from some other collector, or did you or a relative worked for Coke?

Bought it off a collector who was basically in the same spot I am in now... except a bit more extreme (I sold off a good chunk of my stuff to cover the purchase of a home).

hhttp://www.ebay.com/sch/jnovo79/m...; <-- eBay, games & also not-games

Pie > Cake
Unashamed Evil Reseller & Sega Fanboy
@JNovo79 on twitter... mostly me bitching about how being a lawyer is lame

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:18:30 PM
retrogames12 (50)
(Paul Zagata) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
CIB transformers beast wars n64

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:28:13 PM
Player_01 (1)

(Ryan Johnson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
Originally posted by: MossBeard

Sadly my rarest / valuable isn't nintendo related. CIB Snatcher on Sega CD.

^ This man right here has taste! A tip of the hat to you sir.

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:35:28 PM
gorfcadet (53)
(Hyrule Resident) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
I'm not sure about most valuable, but I love my original Pac Man arcade cabinet. I also have four other cabs and a Wurlitzer jukebox. As far as console gaming goes, I have DuckTales 2, Fire n Ice CIB, and Conker CIB. I guess the rarest thing I have is a wife who puts up with all of it.

My WTB/WTT thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

NES carts - 615
GENESIS - 136
SNES - 118

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:44:41 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
(Kenny Boy) < Master Higgins >
Colorado
Some awesome stuff listed here, I'd love to see pics (Dain, JonNovo, bunnyboy) Here's mine.

Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:50:50 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

Most rare, that's tough... probably my CIB Atlantis II, which is the most complete copy every found (I spoke to Rick Weis and he seemed to agree).

Do you have the scuba gear?

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:10:33 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
Colorado
Originally posted by: buyatari2

Do you have the scuba gear?

http://www.northeastscubasupply.com/aqualung-atlantis-ii-mask/ 

Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:14:47 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
M1-4, stands around 7' tall.  No idea how kids were supposed to see inside!  I have a for-display set to go on the inside.

Expensive cardboard!  I think I know of 1 other M8 box (dreamtr) and maybe 1 other M9 box?

M9 set up, needs new light.  The NES and carts have nothing inside them!

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:23:14 PM
behemos (126)
(Endless Mike) < Lolo Lord >
Maryland
How many times can someone start a thread like this?

Anyhow...

Most valuable: Little Samson CIB

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:24:53 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
Colorado
Oddly, I'm most in awe of the second picture. Beautiful displays/miracle piano stand.

Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:31:07 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts

Originally posted by: buttheadrulesagain

Rarest: I'm guessing my copy of Pepsi Invaders or my Mr. Boston Clean Sweep
Most Expensive: See above.

Wow, Pepsi Invaders! Did you buy it from an original Coca Cola executive, from some other collector, or did you or a relative worked for Coke?

Bought it off a collector who was basically in the same spot I am in now... except a bit more extreme (I sold off a good chunk of my stuff to cover the purchase of a home).

Does your Mr. Boston have the box or overlay?  Regardless, that's a bad ass item to have.

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:08:04 AM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
Rarest: 1943 Prototype, or Captain America Prototype

Most Valuable, Madden CE 93 VGA 90+ sealed, Madden Original 85+, or maybe Contra VGA 90+ who knows?

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone