Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

So I completed a Wii set. My story, guide to Wii rares and Pics!

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:26:48 AM
Dreadstar391 (0)

< Cherub >
Ohio
Long time gamer and collector, first time poster. I would like to know about the shelves. I have tons of games, movies, music, etc. Those are perfect. Huge and sturdy.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:12:57 PM
Homeboyks (84)

(Nathan Boyko) < Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
Thanks to this info, I decided to check one of my local stores and there was a Smiley World just waiting for me to pick up.

Feb 2, 2017 at 6:57:55 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

Damn this thread has a lot of views. Guessing it's linked to Reddit or something. Congrats again! lol

Fourth most viewed thread in the "Collectors Corner" section. Pretty crazy.

Feb 2, 2017 at 6:59:16 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
Originally posted by: Dreadstar391

Long time gamer and collector, first time poster. I would like to know about the shelves. I have tons of games, movies, music, etc. Those are perfect. Huge and sturdy.

The shelves are all homemade. I would suggest the Alantic Oskar 1080 if you are looking for a good shelf. Its pretty versatile and holds quite a bit.

Feb 2, 2017 at 7:09:54 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: NintendoTwizer

Damn this thread has a lot of views. Guessing it's linked to Reddit or something. Congrats again! lol

Fourth most viewed thread in the "Collectors Corner" section. Pretty crazy.

you can sort by viewcount? I didn't know that, now I'm curious what else is up there

-------------------------
Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:01:55 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
You were also mentioned on the latest CUPodcast.

Feb 5, 2017 at 7:34:56 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
Impressive, rock blast seems like a rare title as well. Wii is in its infancy still, very exciting to collect for.

Feb 5, 2017 at 7:58:13 PM
RetroSauce (176)
(Andrew Sauce) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Congrats dude. Looks beautiful. Seeing the names of some of those titles is hilarious.

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:35:04 AM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Small correction...it's Super Truck Racer, not Racing  

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:30:21 PM
Bassque (0)

< Cherub >
I always wondered when people say they had a complete WII collection if anyone really did a complete inventory like other systems. Thanks @NintendoTwizer for this list! I first starting thinking about it last year when I saw MetalJesus' friend and his collection (he may be on here, not sure)

Feb 7, 2017 at 7:50:44 PM
Rcjdm97 (16)
(Ryan Ryan) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida

Originally posted by: Rcjdm97

Awesome! I'm still around 200 left. The double packs are the insanity of the wii. I feel like the wii will have 2 badges, like the NES. Complete w/ Double Packs and Complete w/o. How far along are you with the Cardboard cased games? It has been a fun subset I go to when feeling burnt out.

By cardboard cases are taking about the outer sleeves, like Medevil Games?

No, the small 6''x6'' cardboard "packin" style games. Think wii sports and new super mario bros cardboard packin.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:54:00 PM
Theonewiththebun (0)
(Mickey Austrich) < Cherub >
New York
Good job on Wii complete. Very impressive

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:00:01 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Awesome! I'm still around 200 left. The double packs are the insanity of the wii. I feel like the wii will have 2 badges, like the NES. Complete w/ Double Packs and Complete w/o. How far along are you with the Cardboard cased games? It has been a fun subset I go to when feeling burnt out.

By cardboard cases are taking about the outer sleeves, like Medevil Games?

No, the small 6''x6'' cardboard "packin" style games. Think wii sports and new super mario bros cardboard packin.

Links Crossbow Training as well

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:29:50 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
I was at EB yesterday and they had a lot of Wii and DS games on liquidation. Most were just filler, but they had games as low as 25 cents... pretty crazy. The poor Wii U games were off to where the Wii games use to be  

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:33:41 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming

I was at EB yesterday and they had a lot of Wii and DS games on liquidation. Most were just filler, but they had games as low as 25 cents... pretty crazy. The poor Wii U games were off to where the Wii games use to be  

Yeah, I've heard similar reports of Wii games being removed from the shelves at Gamestops here in the States.  Just about time to put the Wii U games in the bargin section and Switch on the main shelf.  

Edited: 02/09/2017 at 03:34 PM by NintendoTwizer

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:39:52 PM
Let's Sing 2016 (0)

< Little Mac >
Just saw this, and wanted to add my congratulations!

Btw, do you know anything further of the rumored NTSC copies of Sudoku Ball Detective and Rock Revolution?

http://www.cubed3.com/news/11116/...

and of course all of the various Sudoku Ball Detective NTSC pages.

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:14:58 PM
The Questyen (9)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
Originally posted by: Let's Sing 2016

Btw, do you know anything further of the rumored NTSC copies of Sudoku Ball Detective and Rock Revolution?

http://www.cubed3.com/news/11116/-116/rock-revolution-sells-...

There is nothing further about those two because there was never any proof of them existing to start with. Tons of Wii games got pages on various sites as placeholders pre-release and then never got released in the US. 

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:21:19 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
Kind of funny - reading this thread on my phone. Didn't see the OPcs username but when I got to the photos my initial thought was: "Wow. That's a nice setup looks like something NintendoTwizer would put together."

Should have known. XD

Anyway really awesome set. I don't have a huge Wii library but I've always had a soft spot for the system. Kind of funny - I actually like budget adventure games and that Titanic Game looks like something I'd actually buy if I stumbled across it.

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:38:06 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
Originally posted by: The Questyen

Originally posted by: Let's Sing 2016

http://www.cubed3.com/news/11116/-116/rock-revolution-sells-...

There is nothing further about those two because there was never any proof of them existing to start with. Tons of Wii games got pages on various sites as placeholders pre-release and then never got released in the US. 

I agree with Questyen here, I haven't seen a physical copy of either title.  Until that happens, it's pretty much all hearsay and wouldn't put much stock into it.  I could name a dozen Wii titles that have Wikipedia pages and NTSC cover art that never saw the light of day.  Some got PAL only releases, some were ports of PS2 games and some are just vaporware.  

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:43:14 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
Originally posted by: Daria

Kind of funny - reading this thread on my phone. Didn't see the OPcs username but when I got to the photos my initial thought was: "Wow. That's a nice setup looks like something NintendoTwizer would put together."

Should have known. XD

Anyway really awesome set. I don't have a huge Wii library but I've always had a soft spot for the system. Kind of funny - I actually like budget adventure games and that Titanic Game looks like something I'd actually buy if I stumbled across it.

Thanks Daria!  With such a huge library there's quite a bit to explore. I don't know how many times I was suprised by a unique, interesting or completly oddball Wii game.  

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:42:13 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:28:51 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
Hey! Pat noticed the Wii set. I kind of wish Ian was on because part of my Wii set came from him. I was in San Diego a few months back, happened to be shopping for games, happened to walk into his store and happened to see him behind the counter. We talked a bit, I told him I was a collector looking for Wii games, he asked me about some of the harder to find titles and we talked a bit. I purchased a few games, he was a cool dude and I was happy to meet him.

Seemed like Pat was overall positive on the set, I know he has a bit of a feud with Nintendoage in general. I had a couple thoughts. He had mentioned the Top 40 rare games in the video and how it's too early to tell what's rare and how it might affect the market. I do agree that it has the potential to effect the market, anytime new information about hard to find games is made public, this could happen. I'm hoping the benefit of helping Wii collectors keep an eye out for harder to find games locally and elsewhere outweighs any negative impact from a cost perspective. With my list it wasn't what was the most valuable (many can be had for cheap) or what was the most desirable (many are low quality budget titles), it was what I thought was the rarest (low production numbers).

As for too early to tell what's rare. I do say in my video that rarity changes often. If I were to look at my list a 1, 5 or 10 years from now I would expect it to be mostly different. It's early in the systems life and finding a shipment of a rare Wii game in the back of a warehouse wouldn't be very surprising to me. As of right now it's a solid list, but things will always change.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:34:02 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
I should also note that at the time of completing this set, I had it marked as 1262 games. For some dumb reason I was missing two on my list. Those games are:

Are you Smarter Than a 5th Grader: Back to School
Disney's Sing It High School Musical 3 Senior Year

So that makes the count 1264. I've updated my list on the first page. I'm now 99.9% sure the list has everything.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:45:18 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Yeah, I felt he was pretty positive about the collection as well. He specifically mentioned that you were doing it for the right reasons (because you love to do it) as apposed to collecting them all because you think it will be your retirement income down the road. I was glad to hear that because I feel you should never be negative about someone else's passion.

And yes of course any rare game that appears to be rare now, could become more common down the road if someone finds several pallets of the game sitting in a warehouse. But I just made the assumption that you list was designed to be read "as of right now" and of course subject to change over time.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:58:54 AM
TooMuchPower (0)

< Cherub >
Wow what a monumental achievement!

One thing about the Wii which does not get mentioned alot is that it is the LAST SYSTEM TO NOT HAVE DLC, NOT HAVE DAY ONE PATCH, VERSION 1.5 etc. Last of it's generation perhaps.

So in essence every game that was shipped for the Wii everyone will have the same experience. No servers being down or missing an update blah blah blah...Although online play may not work but the game itself is pure from any modifications, the way it was indended by the developer good or bad.

Edited: 02/11/2017 at 11:02 AM by TooMuchPower