Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Hello everyone; glad to be here!!...

May 10, 2007 at 4:05:06 PM
dave4shmups (0)
(David Halligan) < Cherub >
Colorado
I love the NES and classic gaming systems and computers in general. I was referred to this site from someone from atariage.com .

I have a Generation NEX, Atari 7800, modded SNES, Genesis model 2, and a Sega Master System.

Just turned 30 yesterday, as well!

How long before I can post in the Help Wanted! section?? I really need some help with Fire Hawk; I'm having problems running the game on my NEX.

Edited: 05/10/2007 at 04:10 PM by dave4shmups

May 10, 2007 at 4:10:11 PM
Hounder (0)
(David Pendergast) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
Welcome and happy belated birthday!

-------------------------
Hi, my name is David Pendergast, aka:

Jesse Jones
Philip Varney

I scammed people on NintendoAge a while back. Since then, I've been unwelcome. Do not do business with me!

May 10, 2007 at 4:22:52 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Welcome!!
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

May 10, 2007 at 4:26:59 PM
dave4shmups (0)
Colorado
Thanks everyone! I really need some help running Fire Hawk on my NEX.

May 10, 2007 at 5:48:40 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Sorry I can't help you with Fire Hawk, but welcome! I too am also new and so far everyone on the forums has been very friendly (except dain) lol j/k! Anyways welcome!

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

May 10, 2007 at 6:09:16 PM
dave4shmups (0)
Colorado
Originally posted by: Penguin

Sorry I can't help you with Fire Hawk, but welcome! I too am also new and so far everyone on the forums has been very friendly (except dain) lol j/k! Anyways welcome!

Thanks! Well, I guess you just have to post on here enough or be on here enough to use that section.

The NEX is a pretty solid system-you can actually use the Famicom Disk System with it, since it has a Famicom port on top!

May 10, 2007 at 6:54:42 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
The NEX has problems just like all clones. Certain games won't play on them no matter what you do. The only console that will play everything is a top loader NES. The NEX's look really cool, but have some sound and graphical issues with certain games.
~~NGD

May 10, 2007 at 7:09:09 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Yeah, and ironically, the first game I ever put inside my NEX was Bubble Bobble -- didn't work I then gently boxed it back up, and gave it a new home on my shelf. I haven't touched it since.

Welcome, Dave! Don't listen to these guys -- I'm really a lot worse than they say (and so is NGD)

-Dain

Edited: 05/10/2007 at 07:09 PM by Dain

May 10, 2007 at 7:18:11 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I am a bastard!
~~NGD

May 10, 2007 at 7:33:50 PM
dave4shmups (0)
Colorado
Originally posted by: NationalGameDepot

The NEX has problems just like all clones. Certain games won't play on them no matter what you do. The only console that will play everything is a top loader NES. The NEX's look really cool, but have some sound and graphical issues with certain games.

~~NGD

Mine's worked pretty well. The only thing that stinks about it is that you can't wiggle a cartridge to get it to work, unlike other Fami-clones-once a cartridge is in the slot, it's in the slot.

I've actually heard about display issues with the top-loader NES (lines through the screen), and it doesn't come with AV-although you can get it modded for AV.

The AV Famicom is probably the best, but it's pricey.

Well, at any rate, here's a summary of the problems I'm having with Fire Hawk:

The game has a switch on the back of it, where you can switch from A to B. I can only assume that this is an NTSC-PAL switch, though I don't know for sure. At any rate, I've cleaned the cartridge pretty well, but when I try to play it it only gets past the Codemasters screen, and then freezes. I've tried it on both the A and the B switch, and the same thing keeps happening.

Since this game is listed as being compatible with the NEX, I called Messiah Entertainment, and they said that they'd try Fire Hawk again, and get back to me.

But is there anything I can do until then, like try removing the switch? I hope all Codemasters NES games don't have this switch; I really love MiG-29, and this shooter that's in Quattro Arcade.