Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Gamevaluenow's Collection Tracker is ready for Beta testing! GVN is alive!!!!!

Jan 13 at 2:46:36 AM
Archon 1981 (20)
(Stephan Reese) < Meka Chicken >
California
Hey Hogie. The house of the dead 2 for dreamcast is tracking as a T game instead of a H game

-------------------------

Listen on Sound Cloud: https://soundcloud.com/collectors...
Listen on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podca...
Find me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/archon1...

Feb 01 at 8:35:33 AM
supergamboy (118)

(Sanford ) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Hey Rick, not collection tracker related but something I noticed:

https://gamevaluenow.com/sega-gen...

All of the current listings being promoted for Jungle Strike are bootlegs. Do you have any ability to filter the results that pop up? Such as not from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan? Or to do '-16 bit' or '-MD'

As I am pricing a number of my games right now, I see those bootleg carts on quite a few GVN pages and all the suggested carts are with the same naming convention (and thus could hopefully all be filtered out in one fell swoop).  You might lose a legit listing or two, but I know when I see those, I won't be clicking any of them and that's at the detriment of me potentially clicking a different listing (if others were shown instead) that I'd go on to buy

Edited: 02/01/2019 at 08:57 AM by supergamboy

Feb 10 at 10:36:23 AM
futureman (19)
(Cody Greenhalge) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
Just noticed that the Gamecube gameboy player disc really doesn't have any listing anywhere. There is one listing for Game Boy Player [Black], but that just has prices for the loose player.

Not sure how you want to handle it, either add it to the listing as a version w/ disc or maybe add the disc as its own listing (since there is a case for it, that might be nicer)

Thanks!

Feb 16 at 12:25:27 AM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Just letting you know that a Vectrex system loose or complete comes out at 0$  

Thanks !!!

NES games to finish my licensed set -S.E. :  DOWN TO 2

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

NES licensed : 674/677

Feb 17 at 2:32:33 AM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California

Originally posted by: supergamboy

Hey Rick, not collection tracker related but something I noticed:

https://gamevaluenow.com/sega-genesis/jungle-strike?gameid=354

All of the current listings being promoted for Jungle Strike are bootlegs. Do you have any ability to filter the results that pop up? Such as not from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan? Or to do '-16 bit' or '-MD'

As I am pricing a number of my games right now, I see those bootleg carts on quite a few GVN pages and all the suggested carts are with the same naming convention (and thus could hopefully all be filtered out in one fell swoop).  You might lose a legit listing or two, but I know when I see those, I won't be clicking any of them and that's at the detriment of me potentially clicking a different listing (if others were shown instead) that I'd go on to buy
I'll definitely work on getting these filtered and I agree, anything out of Asia simply needs to be filtered out. I have a few other ideas that should improve the results as well :-).

Originally posted by: futureman

Just noticed that the Gamecube gameboy player disc really doesn't have any listing anywhere. There is one listing for Game Boy Player [Black], but that just has prices for the loose player.

Not sure how you want to handle it, either add it to the listing as a version w/ disc or maybe add the disc as its own listing (since there is a case for it, that might be nicer)

Thanks!

I like the idea adding a "Disc Only" record. Thanks for the heads up on this!

Originally posted by: LifeGame

Just letting you know that a Vectrex system loose or complete comes out at 0$  

Thanks !!!

Hmm. I'll have to dig into this. For whatever reason we have not pulled any sales to date.

Feb 17 at 1:32:35 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
I think my friend said his persona Q 3ds system was a zero dollar result too.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Feb 18 at 12:02:46 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Hey Hoagie, I hate to ask this again, but I'm not sure you've offered a response. I also hope this is a moderately easy request. Anyway, could you make a modification to the tracker so that we can easily link our Want List? Maybe add a parameter option to the URL so we can directly link to the Want List. Currently, I have to send my collection address to people when I want to trade and if they've not used your system, I have to instruct them to click over on the Want List tab. I've had multiple people make offers for trades where they've offered me games already on my list because they didn't know to do this since they weren't familiar with your tracker.

Anyway, thanks for the free service. I'm always hesitant to ask for more out of respect but I think we'd all appreciate this small change.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Feb 19 at 12:18:18 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: quest4nes

I think my friend said his persona Q 3ds system was a zero dollar result too.

Thanks for the heads up on this. There was an issue with the record itself. It should have a value now and should continue to pull new listings from here on out.

Originally posted by: rlh

Hey Hoagie, I hate to ask this again, but I'm not sure you've offered a response. I also hope this is a moderately easy request. Anyway, could you make a modification to the tracker so that we can easily link our Want List? Maybe add a parameter option to the URL so we can directly link to the Want List. Currently, I have to send my collection address to people when I want to trade and if they've not used your system, I have to instruct them to click over on the Want List tab. I've had multiple people make offers for trades where they've offered me games already on my list because they didn't know to do this since they weren't familiar with your tracker.

Anyway, thanks for the free service. I'm always hesitant to ask for more out of respect but I think we'd all appreciate this small change.

Thanks for the reminder RLH. I have been spending most of my time working on an Algorithm feature for the last few months and this completely slipped my mind. I spent some time on it last night and I have an update ready to push out when I get home tonight. I'll be sure to post again once it is up :-)

Feb 19 at 12:50:04 PM
futureman (19)
(Cody Greenhalge) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
Hoagie, by default is the price for a manual based on a percentage of the CIB price minus the loose price?

I noticed when adding a manual to my collection for Mario Tennis on Virtual Boy it added $60 when it really should only be adding a couple bucks.
I'm guessing this game is an edge case since almost all copies were CI with the systems and the box is the really rare piece. So is there a way to decouple the manual price on a game by game basis in your system?

Feb 19 at 1:27:20 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Why isn't my Mario showing up as $100,000? I should be a millionaire now.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Feb 19 at 1:59:51 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: dra600n

Why isn't my Mario showing up as $100,000? I should be a millionaire now.

Sell it and tell us your findings

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Feb 20 at 2:10:11 AM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: rlh

You should now be able to add #want-list to your shared url. The values change when you change the tabs also. :-)

Originally posted by: Archon

Hey Hogie. The house of the dead 2 for dreamcast is tracking as a T game instead of a H game
Damn. I had this fix stashed for when I updated next. I will get this pushed out later this week.

Originally posted by: futureman

Hoagie, by default is the price for a manual based on a percentage of the CIB price minus the loose price?

I noticed when adding a manual to my collection for Mario Tennis on Virtual Boy it added $60 when it really should only be adding a couple bucks.
I'm guessing this game is an edge case since almost all copies were CI with the systems and the box is the really rare piece. So is there a way to decouple the manual price on a game by game basis in your system?

This is on my radar and will be fixed soon after I get the Box and Manual prices added to the main site.

Feb 21 at 12:39:04 AM
Noobguy (26)

< Eggplant Wizard >
California
When are you going to get around to adding the Sachen games?

Mar 06 at 2:18:57 PM
RalliArtEvo (20)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Is anybody currently having issues with the app? I can't get it to search for any games. I type in Mario for example and hit search and nothing happens. I ended up deleting the app and deleting all data, then reinstalling, but it didn't help the issue.

Mar 06 at 2:39:06 PM
Tw1tch (55)

(Lance .) < Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Yup I have been having the same issue using the app the to look up games for the past week or so

Currently Playing
NES: Mighty Final Fight
PC: Battlefield Bad Company 2

Mar 07 at 10:44:00 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Originally posted by: RalliArtEvo

Is anybody currently having issues with the app? I can't get it to search for any games. I type in Mario for example and hit search and nothing happens. I ended up deleting the app and deleting all data, then reinstalling, but it didn't help the issue.
I also have been experiencing this issue. 

Mar 08 at 3:05:49 AM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: Tw1tch

Yup I have been having the same issue using the app the to look up games for the past week or so

Originally posted by: themisfit138

Originally posted by: RalliArtEvo

I also have been experiencing this issue. 
Hey guys. We are aware of the issue and are working to get it back up. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information. Just so there is no confussion. The issue is only effecting the app. The website and collection tracker are 100% uneffected.

Edited: 03/08/2019 at 03:06 AM by Hogie1418

Mar 08 at 9:59:11 AM
RalliArtEvo (20)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Thanks Hogie, looking forward to having the app work again. Like you said, the website is working perfectly, but it's nice having the app when I'm out and about.

Apr 29 at 10:26:28 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Just jumped on the website... I don't think it's been THAT long since I've checked games out, but I noticed something amazing.... CAD!!!!

I'm probably just dumb and didn't see it before, but it's sweet to have different currencies available. Namely CAD for me, haha  

Thanks for your efforts.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Apr 29 at 11:11:01 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: AirVillain

Just jumped on the website... I don't think it's been THAT long since I've checked games out, but I noticed something amazing.... CAD!!!!

I'm probably just dumb and didn't see it before, but it's sweet to have different currencies available. Namely CAD for me, haha  

Thanks for your efforts.

Lol it has been there for quite some time now. Keep up!  

Apr 29 at 7:23:47 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Gloves

Originally posted by: AirVillain

Thanks for your efforts.

Lol it has been there for quite some time now. Keep up!  

"Quite some time" can mean a whole lot of different things to  different people. Quite some time is pretty short in internet speak. Long in old person jargon. 

Plus it's not like I'm on there every day checking out games and updating my collection. 

Alas, I'm sure I just missed it.  

Bookmark updated!! 

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 04/29/2019 at 07:34 PM by AirVillain

May 01 at 2:50:01 PM
KingSepron (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
England
Deleted

Edited: 05/01/2019 at 03:27 PM by KingSepron

May 01 at 3:44:42 PM
CaLan87 (5)
(Cody ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Originally posted by: KingSepron

Deleted

Im sure Hoagie would like feedback as to why you didnt like it rather than just come to this forum and type deleted....

edit: mybad didnt see it said edited so nevermind  

*** Check out my WTB thread!! ***
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Edited: 05/01/2019 at 05:22 PM by CaLan87

May 08 at 10:43:25 AM
Lando452 (9)
< Meka Chicken >
Nevada
Deadpool image for the PS3 is not working, Also Hogie any plans on adding Japanese systems in the near future?

NO CART LEFT BEHIND
My collection.
https://collection.gamevaluenow.c...
My Trades
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Edited: 05/08/2019 at 10:47 AM by Lando452

Jun 11 at 6:08:05 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
It looks like completed sales values don't figure in shipping, didnt they use to? That's a pretty significant portion of the cost for even like the $20-30 range.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion