Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Gamevaluenow's Collection Tracker is ready for Beta testing! GVN is alive!!!!!

Dec 18, 2018 at 10:27:30 AM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: Fleck586

Originally posted by: Hogie1418

Originally posted by: Lando452

For the PS4 Rise of the Tomb Raider only shows the artbook edition, could you please add the regular version.
Done. Not sure how that one slipped through the cracks for this long :-P

Thanks.

Is it possible to add Disney Infinity Characters?  my son loves collecting them and it would be nice if I could keep track of them.

I might be able to take that on, Hoagie. I wonder if there is an accurate list out there somewhere
Just added the metroid prime demo and the missing amiibo pack :-)

As far as the Disney Infinity Characters go, if you would be up for it Fleck I would have no problem getting the category setup for them.

Not sure if it is a complete list but we could start with these:

http://www.portalcharacters.com/disney-infinity/figures.asp

I have some time today if you want to get that category set up.  I can knock some out

All setup in the backend! You will not see it on the main site until I make a few changes tonight.

I added Agent P as a test. Lets use the carded image when possiible :-). Thanks Fleck!

Dec 18, 2018 at 10:30:15 AM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri

For the PS4 Rise of the Tomb Raider only shows the artbook edition, could you please add the regular version.

Thanks.

Is it possible to add Disney Infinity Characters?  my son loves collecting them and it would be nice if I could keep track of them.

I might be able to take that on, Hoagie. I wonder if there is an accurate list out there somewhere

As far as the Disney Infinity Characters go, if you would be up for it Fleck I would have no problem getting the category setup for them.

I have some time today if you want to get that category set up.  I can knock some out

All setup in the backend! You will not see it on the main site until I make a few changes tonight.

I added Agent P as a test. Lets use the carded image when possiible :-). Thanks Fleck!

You mean the boxed image?

-------------------------
"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Dec 18, 2018 at 10:53:23 AM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California

Thanks.

You mean the boxed image?

You got it 👍

Dec 18, 2018 at 2:33:11 PM
Aatos (78)
(Eero loves NTSC!) < Meka Chicken >
Finland
If I could somehow add HowLongToBeat.com data and Backloggery functionality to this, it would be the perfect collection tool that I would be willing to pay a subscription to...

It's been a long time since I realized, I'm not building a great collection, but a great library. 

Dec 22, 2018 at 10:28:43 AM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
A few things I noticed:

-There is no N64 Console Bundle for the Pokemon Stadium Battle Set
-No Virtua Stick for Sega Saturn
-No SNES Advantage Controller
-No value ahead for Doodle Jump Adventure for 3ds

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Dec 22, 2018 at 3:33:11 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: Aatos

If I could somehow add HowLongToBeat.com data and Backloggery functionality to this, it would be the perfect collection tool that I would be willing to pay a subscription to...
Thanks for the feedback Aatos! I will deffinitely keep this in mind.

Originally posted by: LutherDestroysTheGond

A few things I noticed:

Thanks fo the heads up! I just added all of these :-)

I also wanted to point out that our Disney Infinity page is now up and rolling thanks to Fleck! He has added all of the characters that are currently listed over the last couple of days. Thanks Fleck!!!

https://gamevaluenow.com/disney-i...

Dec 22, 2018 at 4:20:04 PM
Fleck586 (155)
Missouri

A few things I noticed:

I also wanted to point out that our Disney Infinity page is now up and rolling thanks to Fleck! He has added all of the characters that are currently listed over the last couple of days. Thanks Fleck!!!

https://gamevaluenow.com/disney-infinity

Still got a ways to go, but chugging away at them. Gonna try and knock some more out tomorrow

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Dec 22, 2018 at 5:38:16 PM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida

A few things I noticed:

https://gamevaluenow.com/disney-infinity

Still got a ways to go, but chugging away at them. Gonna try and knock some more out tomorrow

Looks great!!!!

Dec 24, 2018 at 6:57:50 PM
beardcore84 (7)
(Cody ) < Meka Chicken >
Nebraska
Didn't see Mutant League Football for Switch listed yet.

Follow me on Instagram - CodysGameRoom

Dec 27, 2018 at 11:32:38 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: beardcore84

It is listed as Mutant Football League. Totally screws the rest of us up when we go looking for it because we all think of the Genesis release.

https://gamevaluenow.com/nintendo...

Dec 28, 2018 at 7:45:50 PM
Nintegageo (3)
< Crack Trooper >
Canada
I dunno whether it's been mentioned or not but consoles etc. counting in your # Total Carts is pretty annoying. Is this planned?

Jan 03 at 10:12:12 AM
beardcore84 (7)
(Cody ) < Meka Chicken >
Nebraska

It is listed as Mutant Football League. Totally screws the rest of us up when we go looking for it because we all think of the Genesis release.

https://gamevaluenow.com/nintendo-switch/mutant-football-lea...

Wow, I bought this game and everything and legit didn't notice that. haha. Thanks for clearing that up!

Jan 03 at 10:23:31 AM
Fleck586 (155)
Missouri
All Disney Infinity figures and combo packs are entered. Is there value to the discs and level pieces or should we just keep it to the figures for now?

Jan 03 at 11:06:52 AM
Lando452 (9)
< Meka Chicken >
Nevada

All Disney Infinity figures and combo packs are entered. Is there value to the discs and level pieces or should we just keep it to the figures for now?
Your missing Nova

NO CART LEFT BEHIND
My collection.
https://collection.gamevaluenow.c...
My Trades
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jan 03 at 11:07:00 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Sol deace for genesis shows "not found"

www.videogamesage.com...

Jan 03 at 11:20:20 AM
Fleck586 (155)
Missouri

Your missing Nova

He is submitted but not yet approved

Jan 03 at 11:21:32 AM
Lando452 (9)
< Meka Chicken >
Nevada

Your missing Nova

He is submitted but not yet approved

Thanks

NO CART LEFT BEHIND
My collection.
https://collection.gamevaluenow.c...
My Trades
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jan 03 at 2:02:20 PM
beardcore84 (7)
(Cody ) < Meka Chicken >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

try with a hyphen "sol-deace"

Jan 03 at 2:13:20 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Doesn't work, even when clicking on the link straight from GVN:

To get to that game on GVN right now you need to search for either "sol" or "deace" and then click the link from the search page. I'm sure it's the hyphen in the name causing issues with the search.

Jan 03 at 2:19:36 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Partial searches are king.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 03 at 2:39:47 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: Gloves

To get to that game on GVN right now you need to search for either "sol" or "deace" and then click the link from the search page. I'm sure it's the hyphen in the name causing issues with the search.

The hyphen is deffinitely the issue. I know exactly what needs to be done to fix this. I'll get it fixed tonight. :-)

Thanks for pointing this out guys!

Jan 03 at 11:16:31 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: Gloves

The search has been fixed :-). Thanks again for the heads up on this guys!

Edited: 01/03/2019 at 11:17 PM by Hogie1418

Jan 04 at 1:53:58 PM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
I signed up yesterday and really enjoy the site so far. Kind of eye opening to see an estimate on the value of my games because I never really put too much thought into it before.

Some questions/thoughts that might have already been addressed but it's a long thread so...

Consoles/controllers counting as "carts" is kind of annoying. Maybe an option to do "hardware" or something instead?

Some things are showing $0 value, when they clearly should be more than that. Some of the bigger ones are the original XBox console, the Majora's Mask and A Link Between World 3DS systems, Salt and Sanctuary for Switch, the Mario red joycons and the new Starer Edition of Breath of the Wild on Switch. I'm not quite sure how the value is calculated but I imagine it pulls info on sales from various sites or from Nintendoage, and I'd imagine at least the older items like the XBox and the two 3DS systems should have a tangible value.
There were a couple things I had that weren't showing up (mostly controllers and system variants), but I haven't tried the manual add feature and I assume they can be added to the entire database by doing that?

This one would probably be a huge pain to program and it wouldn't serve me personally at this point, but might make it much easier for future users. The import tool is an awesome idea but it wouldn't register more than half of the games I had for every console I tried. I ended up doing most of them manually and I thought that system was pretty easy to use. But it seems like titles need to be EXACT when they should be more lenient. One that stuck out was I think God of War 2. I can't remember if I used the roman numeral or 2 but it did not catch that.
I also noticed that the error report wouldn't have the correct number of games right, like say 10 out of 29 games were imported when I actually had 30 on the list.
Another thing that could be improved with the importer is the part where you list on the site the column for each item. At first I assumed it would be "A" "B" "C" for the letter corresponding to those columns, but I figured out it was actually the text in the first box of each column that it was looking for. Maybe I was just being dumb but that might be one other thing to make clearer.

I got my entire collection imported into the system, a little under 1000 items and it took much less time than I thought. The quick add feature when adding games is a huge plus for me. Really happy with the site, excited to see its continued growth!

Jan 09 at 2:06:37 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: ZBomber

I signed up yesterday and really enjoy the site so far. Kind of eye opening to see an estimate on the value of my games because I never really put too much thought into it before.

Some questions/thoughts that might have already been addressed but it's a long thread so...

Consoles/controllers counting as "carts" is kind of annoying. Maybe an option to do "hardware" or something instead?

Some things are showing $0 value, when they clearly should be more than that. Some of the bigger ones are the original XBox console, the Majora's Mask and A Link Between World 3DS systems, Salt and Sanctuary for Switch, the Mario red joycons and the new Starer Edition of Breath of the Wild on Switch. I'm not quite sure how the value is calculated but I imagine it pulls info on sales from various sites or from Nintendoage, and I'd imagine at least the older items like the XBox and the two 3DS systems should have a tangible value.
There were a couple things I had that weren't showing up (mostly controllers and system variants), but I haven't tried the manual add feature and I assume they can be added to the entire database by doing that?

This one would probably be a huge pain to program and it wouldn't serve me personally at this point, but might make it much easier for future users. The import tool is an awesome idea but it wouldn't register more than half of the games I had for every console I tried. I ended up doing most of them manually and I thought that system was pretty easy to use. But it seems like titles need to be EXACT when they should be more lenient. One that stuck out was I think God of War 2. I can't remember if I used the roman numeral or 2 but it did not catch that.
I also noticed that the error report wouldn't have the correct number of games right, like say 10 out of 29 games were imported when I actually had 30 on the list.
Another thing that could be improved with the importer is the part where you list on the site the column for each item. At first I assumed it would be "A" "B" "C" for the letter corresponding to those columns, but I figured out it was actually the text in the first box of each column that it was looking for. Maybe I was just being dumb but that might be one other thing to make clearer.

I got my entire collection imported into the system, a little under 1000 items and it took much less time than I thought. The quick add feature when adding games is a huge plus for me. Really happy with the site, excited to see its continued growth!

Thanks for the feedback!

The hardware counting as carts should not be happening. I will have to make a code change for this. Thanks for pointing this out!

The $0 value items simply means that we have either not found or approved listings for that item. In the cases above, I simply had not approved the initial listings for those items. That should be fixed now.

As I stated, I really appreciate the feedback! I'll get the hardware -> cart count fixed in the next update.

Edited: 01/09/2019 at 04:05 PM by Hogie1418

Jan 09 at 9:56:17 PM
Yoshi (34)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
After a few weeks of entering games off and on, I've finally have pretty much all of my games submitted. Like it has been noted earlier, seeing the value estimate has been eye opening. Thank you Hogie for tackling all of the oddball game requests I've thrown your way while entering my collection.