Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo Switch Collectors Discussion Thread V2 The Switch Goodness Continues....

Jan 02 at 11:13:13 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Originally posted by: quest4nes

Originally posted by: quest4nes

...and Jesus Dave. I do pretty well, yet I have a fraction of the value built up that you do  

I should update this thing though. I forgot I even had it

https://collection.gamevaluenow.com/share/collection?id=3487

brock landers out here balling with 007 world is not enough on n64

Oh, actually I got rid of half my N64 collection after I realized I despised it.  So I don't have that lol

you suck brock landers
What do you think paid for my Sonic Blast Man 2, Pocky and Rocky 2, Super Copa, Syndicate, and every other expensive SNES title I got over the last year?  

On a related note, hopefully my mystery box customers collect N64

an old video rental place for 2 bucks a piece paid for a chunk of my snes uncommons  

Batman & Robin, Zero kamikaze , etc. in the middle of sticksville arkansas sitting in a video rental converted to a convenience store. I got a tip off they were there in a facebook group and was there next morning at open lol. Oh they were all boxed too.  

-------------------------

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 01/02/2019 at 11:14 PM by quest4nes

Jan 02 at 11:18:45 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
I still don't have Kamikaze. Makes me sad too because I've had it slip through my fingers multiple times when negotiations broke down. I still have a long time before I need to do a deeper dive into it for my writing (spoiler alert) but I might just bite the bullet next Christmas and hit a BIN for it

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Jan 02 at 11:44:41 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

I still don't have Kamikaze. Makes me sad too because I've had it slip through my fingers multiple times when negotiations broke down. I still have a long time before I need to do a deeper dive into it for my writing (spoiler alert) but I might just bite the bullet next Christmas and hit a BIN for it

You could have gotten it if you won the SNES Fantasy Football League. MMX3 and Zero were the 1st place prize package

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jan 03 at 1:47:49 AM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
Geez that last page, another busty anime Senran Kagura game, no wonder. I had to look it up because of how the A's are written. Pinball mixed with boob jiggling action using flippers. I can only imagine the cross marketing appeal on that one.

There's a gameplay run of this on youtube, if it wasn't for the skeevy anime girl exploitation it looks like a fairly well made digital pinball table with multiple mini bonus tables to make a run for more points much like the old NEC pinball games on the pc engine.

Edited: 01/03/2019 at 01:56 AM by VmprHntrD

Jan 03 at 8:24:10 PM
CharlieG (2)
< Crack Trooper >
Virginia
Picked up "Torna: the Golden Country" earlier this week and finished it this evening after just over 30 hours of total playtime. I had never played a Xenoblade game before, and it took me a while to warm up to the combat, but it eventually grew on me and I enjoyed it. The exploration is good, but the combat still isn't my favorite and I skipped over much of the dialogue for the side quests. I'm still a bit skittish about diving into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 proper, as everyone says the combat system in Torna is better and I'm not looking for another 100+ hour ride at the moment. Thumbs up overall on Torna though.

Now I think I'll give The Escapists 2 a go while waiting for New SMB U Deluxe to come out next week...

Jan 03 at 9:14:08 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Xenoblade 2 is a pretty good game. I put 200+ hours into the game with completing the affinity charts of the blades I was using and completing all the side quest possible. If you would mainline the game I would guess a little over 100 hours though. One main complaint I have with it is the randomness of getting rare blades.

Jan 05 at 10:21:27 AM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
So, what's the deal on RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures for Switch being hard to find/sold out everywhere pretty much with high prices on eBay. The only place I was able to find it in stock is at a few Targets with most being sold out/not available. Was it printed in limited quantities? Actually wanted to play the game so that's my reason for searching it.

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Jan 05 at 11:18:48 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Skorp

So, what's the deal on RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures for Switch being hard to find/sold out everywhere pretty much with high prices on eBay. The only place I was able to find it in stock is at a few Targets with most being sold out/not available. Was it printed in limited quantities? Actually wanted to play the game so that's my reason for searching it.
I thought it was a Target exclusive

Jan 05 at 11:22:14 AM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Originally posted by: leatherrebel5150

Looks like it isn't as according to Nintendo website; Walmart, Gamestop, Target, Best Buy and Amazon should be able to carry it (unless that is just default for each game). I only see a game placement page for Target, Gamestop, and Amazon.

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Jan 05 at 11:35:25 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

Originally posted by: leatherrebel5150

Looks like it isn't as according to Nintendo website; Walmart, Gamestop, Target, Best Buy and Amazon should be able to carry it (unless that is just default for each game). I only see a game placement page for Target, Gamestop, and Amazon.

Ah, your right I found it listed on Amazon(out of stock also) but nothing listed on Wal Mart or Best Buy. Im sure this will get reprinted, same as Katamari and Bendy. The Publishers have to know theyre leaving money on the table by not reprinting them

Jan 07 at 1:16:22 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Pretty excited to get this today!

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Jan 07 at 3:28:14 PM
aguy (32)
< El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: D~Funk

Pretty excited to get this today! />

Includes titles not not released in Japan? I'm confused.🤔

On a separate note, Humble Bundle is now offering Switch games and online subs on their site. Hopefully we can get a Switch bundle sometime like how they've done with PS4 games before.

Jan 07 at 4:39:52 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: aguy

Includes titles not not released in Japan? I'm confused.🤔 On a separate note, Humble Bundle is now offering Switch games and online subs on their site. Hopefully we can get a Switch bundle sometime like how they've done with PS4 games before.

So how do those bundles work? Buy a bunch of download codes at a steeply-discounted bundle price? Or how's it work?

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Jan 07 at 5:09:45 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Damn does that kunio game have english subs? I might have to snatch if it does

Jan 07 at 5:18:51 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

The English-cover version does, for sure.

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Jan 07 at 5:23:54 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: Quaze

The English-cover version does, for sure.

Yeah, just look for the muti-language Asia/English one. Supposed to have English, haven't popped it in yet though.

Jan 07 at 7:59:40 PM
aguy (32)
< El Ripper >
California

Includes titles not not released in Japan? I'm confused.🤔 On a separate note, Humble Bundle is now offering Switch games and online subs on their site. Hopefully we can get a Switch bundle sometime like how they've done with PS4 games before.

So how do those bundles work? Buy a bunch of download codes at a steeply-discounted bundle price? Or how's it work?

So generally there are 3 tiers to a bundle ( $1, ~$8-10, and $15) and depending on what you pay, they send you codes to download the games.

Jan 07 at 8:01:50 PM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia

So generally there are 3 tiers to a bundle ( $1, ~$8-10, and $15) and depending on what you pay, they send you codes to download the games.

Very trustworthy site. Ive bought more than a dozen from that site and never had an issue

KDDK Player  

Jan 07 at 8:17:29 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon

So the game defaults to English for the menus probably based on region like I am Setsuna did. Game select menu kinda reminds me of SNES classic with the layout & restore points. Looks like games that were never translated are still in Japanese while stuff like Double Dragon, River City Ransom, ect. are in English. Pretty cool collection regardless but doesn't look like every game is full English.

Jan 07 at 10:06:58 PM
alakhira (134)
(Martin ) < Lolo Lord >
Connecticut

So the game defaults to English for the menus probably based on region like I am Setsuna did. Game select menu kinda reminds me of SNES classic with the layout & restore points. Looks like games that were never translated are still in Japanese while stuff like Double Dragon, River City Ransom, ect. are in English. Pretty cool collection regardless but doesn't look like every game is full English.

Awesome. Now I want a copy. Where did you order yours or any suggested sites you trust?

Switch Friend Code: SW-0309-0134-0531
Now Playing: Moonlighter
Recently Completed: Minit, Dragon Quest Builders, Hollow Knight, Ys VIII

Edited: 01/08/2019 at 08:44 AM by alakhira

Jan 07 at 10:58:40 PM
Adorabear (0)
(Kimi ) < Crack Trooper >
British Columbia
Just got around to taking an updated collection pic to see what my collection looks like for going into 2019, and it's changed a lot! Started 2018 with just 13 Switch Games....now I have 88 at the start of 2019 lol I love the Switch so mcuh and can't wait to see what it will look like at the end of the year. I will probably slow down a bit to focus more on playing (especially since I got a ton of games for Christmas and the holidays are finally over, which means much more free time for me!), but I'm sure it will still grow more than I expect it to!

Jan 07 at 11:03:40 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Adorabear

Just got around to taking an updated collection pic to see what my collection looks like for going into 2019, and it's changed a lot! Started 2018 with just 13 Switch Games....now I have 88 at the start of 2019 lol I love the Switch so mcuh and can't wait to see what it will look like at the end of the year. I will probably slow down a bit to focus more on playing (especially since I got a ton of games for Christmas and the holidays are finally over, which means much more free time for me!), but I'm sure it will still grow more than I expect it to!

Damn that's a great collection ya got going!

Jan 07 at 11:28:29 PM
Adorabear (0)
(Kimi ) < Crack Trooper >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Gloves

Originally posted by: Adorabear

Damn that's a great collection ya got going!

Thanks! I have been focusing most of my collecting on the Switch since I got it, and it really shows lol I'll have a lot of fun playing these for a long time ^_^

Jan 08 at 11:58:39 AM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: alakhira

Awesome. Now I want a copy. Where did you order yours or any suggested sites you trust?

I snagged one off ebay cuz i missed it on play asia. :/

@adorabear: collection is lookin great yo!

Edited: 01/08/2019 at 11:59 AM by D~Funk

Jan 08 at 5:07:36 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen announced.  Pretty psyched since it was literally the last 360 game I started, but I retired the console and didn't finish it

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 01/08/2019 at 05:08 PM by Brock Landers