Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew Help with INL Retro Programmer

Apr 23 at 9:03:23 AM
Kiro (0)
< Cherub >
Looking for some help with the INL Retro programmer to flash my homebrew NROM game to the cart.

I have the NROM cart and have been playing with the lua file to set it up, but it doesn't seem to flash the CHR-ROM part of my game. The lua script example only takes one filename to flash to the cart, which I am now assuming means a joined PRG and CHR binary?

I have tried my compiled .nes rom file with and without the rom header, I have also used the famirom splitter. Splitting my ROM into 27C256(32k) PRG and 2764(8k) CHR-ROM files. I have also tried the 27C128(16k) PRG as well.
I've joined my PRG/CHR bin files into one file (trying both the 16k and 32k versions)

local process_opts = {
        test = true,
        read = false,
        erase = true,
        program = true,
        verify = false,
        dumpram = false,
        writeram = false,
        dump_filename = "rom/dump.bin",
        flash_filename = "rom/game.bin", -- this is a joined bin of both the prg and chr, tried with just prg and chr, also tried with compiled .nes
        verify_filename = rom/verify.bin",
        dumpram_filename = "ignore/ramdump.bin",
        writeram_filename = "",
    }

But the INLretro programmer only ever programs the PRG-ROM section, and skips the CHR-ROM section as 0 in size? What am I doing wrong?

Edited: 04/23/2019 at 05:51 PM by Kiro

May 01 at 7:51:15 PM
Kiro (0)
< Cherub >
Someone can probably close this topic, I ended up working out what the 0 size issue was.