Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo Campus Challenge 1991 NES no reserve, $0.99 starting bid

Oct 11, 2009 at 7:44:16 AM
fallenmage (0)
(Nick Wietlisabch) < Little Mac >
United States
I think the demand for the Campus Challenge game pack is tits rarity and that its part of the family of Nintendo World Championship game packs. Now I am happy JJames made a boat load off it, I wonder if the price will hold over the next five to ten years. We shall see. I hope it does.

-------------------------

Edited: 10/11/2009 at 07:46 AM by fallenmage

Oct 11, 2009 at 3:50:53 PM
snesmaster (40)
(Rick Bruns) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Hi, I'm the person who owns the 1992 Campus Challenge and PowerFest '94 SNES competition carts. JJgames told me about this forum. It has taken a while but I have read all the posts on this topic.

The 1991 NES Campus Challenge originally sold for around $6,000 to DreamTR. Then JJgames got it for $14,000 and now someone just bought it for $20,100.

I paid $4000 for the 1992 SNES Campus Challenge and $10,000 for the PowerFest '94. They both came from the same Nintendo Employee as the 1991 NES Campus Challenge came from.

I feel similarly to the way the NES Campus Challenge increased in price, the two games I have are worth a lot more then what I paid for them. I'm not currently selling them at this time, but I may decide to sell one or both of them next year.

It would definitely be easier for me to part with the 1992 Campus Challenge because I was not in college at that point in time and I never played in that competition. However I did play in the PowerFest '94 and won the trip to play in the World Championships in San Diego, CA, so that cart holds a lot more sentimental value to me.

Drop me a line if you think you might be interested in either of these carts. You can find more information on them at my website:

PowerFest '94:
http://www.snesmaps.com/maps/Nint...

1992 Campus Challenge:
http://www.snesmaps.com/maps/1992...

I'm just curious how many people here played in any of these competitions?

Check out my site for Nintendo Maps, Sprites and Posters at: http://www.nesmaps.com...

Oct 11, 2009 at 3:56:07 PM
superNESman (102)
(Deniz "Alpo The Great" Kahn) < Bowser >
Illinois
Wow, welcome to the site Rick! Those are the coolest carts. I read about you a lot on the web when I first started collecting, and thought that the Campus Challenge was the coolest comp. cart type game ever, especially because of the great combo of games on them. Maybe it would be possible to work on a project with bunnyboy and others to release ROMS for that and/or PowerFest 94? I would definitely be up for that, I'm sure the community would too, and I'm just throwing it out there in case you might be interested (and bunnyboy as well).

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:09:18 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Welcome and thanks for the links, Rick. I hope you stick around for a while.

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:36:12 PM
fallenmage (0)
United States
Originally posted by: snesmaster

Hi, I'm the person who owns the 1992 Campus Challenge and PowerFest '94 SNES competition carts. JJgames told me about this forum. It has taken a while but I have read all the posts on this topic.

The 1991 NES Campus Challenge originally sold for around $6,000 to DreamTR. Then JJgames got it for $14,000 and now someone just bought it for $20,100.

I paid $4000 for the 1992 SNES Campus Challenge and $10,000 for the PowerFest '94. They both came from the same Nintendo Employee as the 1991 NES Campus Challenge came from.

I feel similarly to the way the NES Campus Challenge increased in price, the two games I have are worth a lot more then what I paid for them. I'm not currently selling them at this time, but I may decide to sell one or both of them next year.

It would definitely be easier for me to part with the 1992 Campus Challenge because I was not in college at that point in time and I never played in that competition. However I did play in the PowerFest '94 and won the trip to play in the World Championships in San Diego, CA, so that cart holds a lot more sentimental value to me.

Drop me a line if you think you might be interested in either of these carts. You can find more information on them at my website:

PowerFest '94:
http://www.snesmaps.com/maps/NintendoPowerFest94/NintendoPow...

1992 Campus Challenge:
http://www.snesmaps.com/maps/1992Challenge/1992Challenge.html

I'm just curious how many people here played in any of these competitions?

I agree with you about the 1992 Campus Challenge.   Out of all the game packs I played, and I playe them all in their day, it was the least fun to play.   I do hope you make a killing with it because it is awesome nonetheless.

Edited: 10/11/2009 at 04:38 PM by fallenmage

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:22:40 PM
thomaser (2)

(Thomas E.) < Cherub >
Norway
Hi, Rick, and welcome! I would definitely be interested in the 1992 CC, since I "owned" the PAL version for a few weeks. It had another title which I can't recall. Participants for the first rounds here in Norway (one in each city) were taken from the highest ranking players at stores. So each participating store got to loan one cart each and put them in their demo-units (the carts were of normal size, not huge like yours). The stores also had to have a person stand by to write down scores and names. My dad had a store like that, so I naturally took home the cart and practiced at home. I came on top in our store by a large margin, but only came second at the local event, since my finger slipped at the jump in F-Zero and I plummeted over the side... After that, we sent the cart back to Bergsala. I was only 12 or so, and didn't know better. Worst mistake I've ever made, even if it wasn't my decision to make. The same thing happened a little later with the Star Wing competition cart (I came second in Norway there) - we had it for a couple of weeks, and sent it back. I managed to find a copy of that one later, though. So I guess you can put me down on your list for the 1992-cart, at least!

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:26:32 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: fallenmage

I think the demand for the Campus Challenge game pack is tits rarity and that its part of the family of Nintendo World Championship game packs. Now I am happy JJames made a boat load off it, I wonder if the price will hold over the next five to ten years. We shall see. I hope it does.

I have to agree....I have a demand for the Campus Challenge and tits. I love them both.

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:29:36 PM
superNESman (102)
(Deniz "Alpo The Great" Kahn) < Bowser >
Illinois
Originally posted by: smokinjoe24

I have to agree....I have a demand for the Campus Challenge and tits. I love them both.

I heard rumors of a Campus challenge that had Peek a boo Poker for one of the games, it would be perfect for you!

Oct 11, 2009 at 7:50:18 PM
fallenmage (0)
United States
Originally posted by: smokinjoe24

What a brilliant idea.   A Competition game pack with large tits.   It shall be called:  BreasTris  You manipulate the top and lower areas around the nipples so they stick up.  When they point to the heavens, you get maximum points.

Then twenty years or so, Bunnyboy can make a repro.  

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:30:07 AM
snesmaster (40)
(Rick Bruns) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Originally posted by: thomaser

Hi, Rick, and welcome! I would definitely be interested in the 1992 CC, since I "owned" the PAL version for a few weeks. It had another title which I can't recall. Participants for the first rounds here in Norway (one in each city) were taken from the highest ranking players at stores. So each participating store got to loan one cart each and put them in their demo-units (the carts were of normal size, not huge like yours). The stores also had to have a person stand by to write down scores and names. My dad had a store like that, so I naturally took home the cart and practiced at home. I came on top in our store by a large margin, but only came second at the local event, since my finger slipped at the jump in F-Zero and I plummeted over the side... After that, we sent the cart back to Bergsala. I was only 12 or so, and didn't know better. Worst mistake I've ever made, even if it wasn't my decision to make. The same thing happened a little later with the Star Wing competition cart (I came second in Norway there) - we had it for a couple of weeks, and sent it back. I managed to find a copy of that one later, though. So I guess you can put me down on your list for the 1992-cart, at least!

That is pretty kewl, I never realized they used that competition cart in Norway, and very interesting that it was inside of a normal sized cart.  I guess they just needed the bigger ones for the networking ability to have 4 or 8 games going at the same time and being able to start them all at once as well as having a separate monitor that showed all the scores.  I assume at the store you played at they just had one person playing at a time?  Also was this competition held in 1992 there or was it a bit after that?

Is it alright if I put your story about that competition on the SNES Campus Challenge page on my site?  If so what name would you like me to credit you under?  Also do you have any photos from the competition?  Those would be kewl to see if any exist.

Check out my site for Nintendo Maps, Sprites and Posters at: http://www.nesmaps.com...

Edited: 10/12/2009 at 08:32 AM by snesmaster

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:08:36 AM
NESaholic (52)
(Obscurist Maximus) < Meka Chicken >
Netherlands
Such a nice item, congrats with the endprice dude.

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:32:38 AM
Airlock (19)
(- Gordon -) < El Ripper >
Indiana
Congrats on the sale. I could never afford this thing, but it was sure a fun auction to watch.