Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nesrulers contest presents: Ninja Gaiden 2 Ends next sunday at 9 pm central time

Oct 31, 2010 at 10:03:29 PM
nesruler22 (94)
(Jeremy Freeman) < King Solomon >
Illinois
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Happy Halloween every one! Im gonna work you this week with ninja Gaiden 2!!!
Good luck everyone!

Rules
  • 1 life only
  • Participation: 30,000
Ends next sunday at 9 Pm central time
YOUR NAME MUST BE IN THE SCORE FOR THE SCORE TO COUNT

Good luck everyone!

Jeremy

P.S I STILL NEED PRIZES SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY JUNK LAYIN AROUND ONCE AGAIN PLEASE LET ME KNOW

-------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/nesruler22...

Oct 31, 2010 at 11:01:09 PM
rokubungi (164)
(The Guardian) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
wooo  I'll start it off with the craptastic score of 56700

at least this seems easier than 1 or 3 those were redonkulously hard. 

If you have any GBA signage or kiosk I would be interested. Please send me a PM because I'm only here about once a month now but I'm still VERY interested in large system signage or small playable kiosks related to the GBA.

Oct 31, 2010 at 11:25:55 PM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
(Jorge Juarez) < King Solomon >
Mexico
ohohohohoho!!! I practically have a phD in Ninja Gaiden 2 (and 3 too). I can almost do a 1 life run on this! One day I was this near! (--).

This will be Jorge's month

EDIT: nesruler, I got like one buck and a half in my paypal account, do you want'em for cooperation with the prize? send me your paypal address.

EDIT 2: I know this ain't in the rules, but point farming is for wusses (and just plain boring, so don't make me resort to that)!

Edited: 10/31/2010 at 11:29 PM by buttheadrulesagain

Nov 1, 2010 at 7:01:24 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
Finally a game I have.
I'll take part of this one. Can't promise I'll do much, though. I'm kinda bad at Ninja Gaiden.

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:25:30 PM
MCMROSE (43)
(Matt "Halo fruit cake") < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
sweet!

mcmrose.com

Nov 1, 2010 at 5:08:56 PM
nesruler22 (94)
(Jeremy Freeman) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: buttheadrulesagain

ohohohohoho!!! I practically have a phD in Ninja Gaiden 2 (and 3 too). I can almost do a 1 life run on this! One day I was this near! (--).

This will be Jorge's month

EDIT: nesruler, I got like one buck and a half in my paypal account, do you want'em for cooperation with the prize? send me your paypal address.

EDIT 2: I know this ain't in the rules, but point farming is for wusses (and just plain boring, so don't make me resort to that)!

Thanks Jorge thats alright, Am looking to get more of physical donations,but thanks anyway for thinking about me
Jeremy

http://www.youtube.com/nesruler22...

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:01:22 AM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California

this is a terrible pic but it'll work for participation. i assume i'll have a better score later in the week. new cart, i'll have to get the stove cleaner out for this one.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Nov 2, 2010 at 2:29:39 AM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
Mexico

This game doesn't forgive any mistake.

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:03:06 AM
Austin (72)
(Austin M) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
One life huh? I'm kind of drunk right now. Maybe I'll try this later when I'm not.

| gameplay and talk |

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:28:48 AM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
seriously, fuck this game. this has got to be one of the worst games i've ever played. the mechanics are fucking awful.

and of course it still works since just the shell snapped. so i'll probably have to wait a couple days and try again.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:43:55 AM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Hahaha nice one, and of course it taunts you by still working. Seems from your image it was dead meat anyway if you got a replacement coming.

Nov 3, 2010 at 1:00:57 AM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
Mexico
Originally posted by: Lincoln

seriously, fuck this game. this has got to be one of the worst games i've ever played. the mechanics are fucking awful.

Naaahhh, I think it's pretty good, just unforgiving. My two main complaints are:

- throwback after getting hit = cheap deaths;
- respawning (fixed on 3).

Nov 3, 2010 at 1:03:27 AM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
You guys are crazy. Ninja Gaiden 3 is way harder. The only rough parts of Ninja Gaiden 2 come at the slippery ice cavern stage and the last level. It's a very beatable game and if you die at the bosses, it doesn't send you nearly as far back as the first one. Difficult, yes, frustrating, of course, but it certainly beatable. I'm in no way a talented nes player but even I can tackle the first two.

Nov 3, 2010 at 1:11:17 AM
Austin (72)
(Austin M) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Keep in mind if you want to do really well in the NG series (especially on one life), a bit of memorization is required.

| gameplay and talk |

Nov 3, 2010 at 1:36:16 AM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
Mexico
Originally posted by: SamSpade

You guys are crazy. Ninja Gaiden 3 is way harder. The only rough parts of Ninja Gaiden 2 come at the slippery ice cavern stage and the last level. It's a very beatable game and if you die at the bosses, it doesn't send you nearly as far back as the first one. Difficult, yes, frustrating, of course, but it certainly beatable. I'm in no way a talented nes player but even I can tackle the first two.

NG 3 is harder because enemies take more of your life per hit than in any of the other 2: gameplay-wise it's the same or even easier than 2 (that big sword makes it a lot easier). All the games are beatable, but 1 is more frustrating for what you mentioned. Nontheless, getting far with just one life (in any of them) is certainly a challenge!

Edited: 11/03/2010 at 01:37 AM by buttheadrulesagain

Nov 3, 2010 at 2:04:24 AM
Austin (72)
(Austin M) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
I used to think 3 was the hardest, but once I got to really know the game, I realized it's not so bad. It's fairly on-par with the others in terms of difficulty if you get familiar with it. It takes a little while to get used to though because it has a different physics model to it (it's very floaty). Fortunately, unlike parts 1 or 2, the game actually remembers when you've killed enemies, so if you back up a bit then move forward, they won't reappear. The larger sword, like stated earlier, also helps a lot.

| gameplay and talk |

Edited: 11/03/2010 at 02:07 AM by Austin

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:47:02 PM
Austin (72)
(Austin M) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Well, here's my score.. 228,200. I know I can do a lot better, but this was the fourth or fifth time I played it in this sitting, resetting the game each time I died. Going to call it quits for today before I put my fist through my monitor, haha.

| gameplay and talk |

Edited: 11/03/2010 at 12:49 PM by Austin

Nov 3, 2010 at 5:05:09 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan

Probably won't do any better than this.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Nov 3, 2010 at 5:14:25 PM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < King Solomon >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Lincoln

and of course it still works since just the shell snapped. so i'll probably have to wait a couple days and try again.

Nov 3, 2010 at 5:44:47 PM
acidjaguar (668)
(Lloyd Christmas) < Bowser >
Montana

NG 3 is harder because enemies take more of your life per hit than in any of the other 2: gameplay-wise it's the same or even easier than 2 (that big sword makes it a lot easier). All the games are beatable, but 1 is more frustrating for what you mentioned. Nontheless, getting far with just one life (in any of them) is certainly a challenge

What's the trick for the end boss on NG3?  I can get to him ... but then I just throw random attacks and nothing lands ... the machine kills me EVERY G DANG time ! arrrr

For sale thread located here: click
Wanted to buy: click

Top wants currently: 
Old NES / SNES era newsletters and mailings
Original GB Chinese games (CHN coding on label)

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:58:03 PM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
Mexico
Originally posted by: acidjaguar

NG 3 is harder because enemies take more of your life per hit than in any of the other 2: gameplay-wise it's the same or even easier than 2 (that big sword makes it a lot easier). All the games are beatable, but 1 is more frustrating for what you mentioned. Nontheless, getting far with just one life (in any of them) is certainly a challenge

What's the trick for the end boss on NG3?  I can get to him ... but then I just throw random attacks and nothing lands ... the machine kills me EVERY G DANG time ! arrrr

You have to hit it's shield until it's destroyed, and then hit it at the glowing orb it has inside.

This video has al three transformations of the boss, beaten:

Nov 7, 2010 at 7:29:36 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil

Didn't have much time to play this week. Here's a small score for the participation point.

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Edited: 11/07/2010 at 07:30 PM by Bea_Iank

Nov 7, 2010 at 8:45:17 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec

Nov 7, 2010 at 9:20:34 PM
E-Man (36)
(Emanuel Flores) < Meka Chicken >
Texas

230, 200

I was on a roll till I got knocked down into a pit. Aghh!!

Photobucket

Now Playing:

NES - Journey to Silius
SNES -
GameBoy -
N64 -
SEGA Genesis - Earthworm Jim
PS4 - Final Fantasy XV
Wii / Wii U - Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

Nov 7, 2010 at 10:55:45 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan

NINJA GAIDEN 2 RESULTS

See post below for new score results.

I'm sorry to say, Austin, but after discussing it with nesruler22, we cannot accept your score for this contest. Your picture did not display your remaining lives, and with this being a 1 life only contest, we could not verify that your score was done with one life. For further 1 life only contests, please make sure your picture includes your remaining lives. This goes for everyone as well.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 11/09/2010 at 06:52 PM by bimmy_lee