Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

lowest NES serial number

Oct 9, 2015 at 3:14:37 PM
Nesmaniac (3)
(Matthew Sizemore) < Eggplant Wizard >
Kentucky
I'd been searching for low # nes consoles for many years & I was chatting with a friend on xbox live about it & he found a post online from a guy having #131 & inquiring about it's possible value. The post at that time was over a year old & I thought it was too good to be true but decided to do all I could possible to contact the guy. Suprisingly he still had it & I made him an offer he could not refuse. Thankfully it all worked out great.

-------------------------

Oct 9, 2015 at 3:25:30 PM
Spectre (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kentucky
So anyone know the end of the line? What was the last unit produced?

Oct 9, 2015 at 9:55:06 PM
Nesmaniac (3)
Kentucky
This is the highest one I've seen which I got from a friend of mine. Only other way I've seen barcode style serial # is on the units refurbished from nintendo but the sticker is different and not as good quality. They appeared to put the refurbished # up there in the 80,000,000 range but in America seems around 40 million nes units were sold so this one is right up there at the end I'm guessing. Only natural to want to find the highest # after finding the lowest I suppose.

Jun 29, 2017 at 11:55:20 AM
GamecollectorRetro (0)

( Kennedy) < Cherub >
Alabama
i know i am very late to this convo, but i just picked up another NES and starting spotting differences between the two. thats how i found this forum. anyway first one is a smooth top nes SN 423985, and my newer on is a rough top SN 23932887

May 25, 2018 at 3:36:05 PM
Nesmaniac (3)
Kentucky
I've got a NES which is a CPU-01 and serial number 52,096. Someone messaged me on youtube wanting to know if it had 2 green jumper wires on board because he had a CPU-01 board that needed repair & indeed the early units do have 2 green jumper wires in the vicinity of the controller chips. Anyone know what their purpose is? None of the other 100 or so boards I have or have had has had them jumper wires. You can see them under the cartridge tray on the right side with the top removed & a flash light. I assume my 131 has them as well as all the other early units I have & would like to know a bit of information about them but it's probably non existent because I never had even noticed them before until the guy with a rough deck missing the serial number was repairing his board & posted a video on youtube showing me what he was talking about.