Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Star Keeper New NES Homebrew

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:07:23 AM
zxdplay (21)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Other
This article is translated by translation company, if there is any unclear, please understanding.

Hello everyone, I am a NES/FC player from China, and also a game producer. I like a game platform called Famicom very much, what left me wonderful memories in my childhood. I had always hoped to develop a my own game, now my dream has came true finally; I spent nearly 2 years to develop a NES game, what can really run game cartridge on NES(not Famicom), called Star Keeper. It is a shooting game with horizontal scroll version, the game's leading role carries a jet-propelled backpack flying in th sky, and struggles to find the lost stars back. He will meet all kinds of enemies against him on the way. I hope you could like this game;

I know that there are a lot of users on NA forum who have a bad impression FC game made in China, but I can understand it, it is because many pirate FC games and sham products are produced in China. However please get assured, Star Keeper is totally a original game.
I had spent much time on this game and taken me a lot of money and effort. The game graphics and programs are designed all by myself, and game music is made by a composer. This is a real and complete original homebrew NES game, hoping everyone could respect what I did when you submit your comments on forum.

I would like to talk about my English, my English writing ability is very poor, the reading ability is of average level, I can understand 80% of the postage on the bulletin board system. But it is impossible for me to say what I want to say in English. So in answering the questions put forward by the netizens, I can turn to the translation web if it is simple, but when it comes to some complicated questions, such as those needed to explain the details, the only way I can think of is to find a translator, but it is way to expensive,in order to save money, in order to save money, sometimes I have to use the translation web, so I hope that you can forgive me for that. If the players have some advice for the game, I may not be able to answer it, not because I don`t want to, but my poor English ability, so for all the advice put forward by the players, I will take them as much as possible, but I may not respond to all of them.
Thanks for your support.

title

Game video are as below

Play on real NES

My English is not good enough to read posts on forum, there a lots of behaviors I cannot understand well, so that I'd like to ask you to do me a favor for resolving following doubts.
1.       Why do not people put homebrew game on Ebay to sell?
2.       Can I put my game on Ebay to sell?
3.       Should I release my game information on The Brewery or Seller's Forum? Which one would help me to improve game sales?
4.       What does CIB mean?

This game will be launched in 2014, so stay tuned.

updated 5/7/2014
box art is completed................................
update 7/14/2014
Shells sample are completed ......................
update 8/3/2014
Gift Editions were released............
all sold out

update 9/7/2014

shipping countries  
UK, USA, Canada, France, Australia

Thank you very much for supporting this project, StarKeeper limited edition is finally starting the selling. Each copy has its own number, and the number is listed at the lower right of the title screen.
The price of Limited Edition is $ 49 fixedly, including box, Instructions book and Game Cartridge.
The first 20 copies (#1 - #20) also allow players to customize the text with the maximum of16 letters on LOGO screen, and the letters must be written in capital Latin letters.
Within 72 hours after payment, you can send me a PM or e-mail, which writes the Custom Text, ID of the NA, and ID of the ebay buyer you wish to display on the LOGO image, the letters must be uppercase, and less than 16 letters.

Note:
 If I do not receive any letter or PM with name over 72 hours after buyer made payment, 
, the LOGO image only shows the default texture.

EMAIL:    [email protected]

LOGO screen
LE(#1-#20) logo screen

le title
LE title screen

Many thanks to the following two heroes

Derek Andrews ( Gradual Games on NesDev) 
We could not imagine how long it will take for this game’s emerging from the water without your sound engine published at famitracker.com; your sound engine is suitable for this Star Keeper game, which is also easily modified and has powerful functions.

KRIKzz 
Without the powerful JCIC, everything is impossible.

About PAL standard
The game runs on NES console of American version by default, and the running speed will be slower at PAL standard consoles.
Because I don’t have PAL standard consoles of European version, so I couldn’t guarantee that it can run properly on consoles of European version. If you insist on playing at the PAL standard consoles, you must re-set JCIC, and as to how to set up, you can refer to JCIC setting video of N8 card, and you may need to press the RESET button several times (Note that no LED of JCIC soldering on PCB).

update 9/10/2014
ebay sales fail

update 9/11/2014
I must try to sell two copies through paypal  before officially listed!
2 copies  sold! 
update 9/13/2014
update 9/15/2014

New Sale Thread has been created
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

update 9/27/2014
I think some gamers find it difficult because they have not mastered flying skills,
If you need quick acceleration forward, you should press [Left or Right] + B, press the [Left or Right] + B when you need a sharp turn

update 12/18/2014

copy #74 has been put on the ebay

photo:

-------------------------
~~~~~~  苦海无边,回头是岸 ~~~~~~

Edited: 12/26/2014 at 08:04 PM by zxdplay

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:39:15 AM
NESHomebrew (21)
(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games) < King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
1. People have sold homebrew games on Ebay, but most people use distributors that use all new parts such as RetroUSB.com and Infiniteneslives.com

2. Yes you can sell it on Ebay.

3. I don't think it really matters, most people who are interested in purchasing homebrew NES games will visit this Brewery section.

4. Depending on who you ask it can mean C=Cartridge I=Instructions B=Box or Complete In Box (which would include any inserts etc that might be distributed with the game).

Apr 20, 2014 at 6:23:33 AM
zxdplay (21)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Other
Thank you very much

~~~~~~  苦海无边,回头是岸 ~~~~~~

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:19:57 AM
Silius (11)
(. Y .) < Eggplant Wizard >
Switzerland
This looks really cool! I'd buy a copy!

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:46:48 AM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
I would have to say, that is one professional styled game! Very nice! I really like the graphics!

One thing to note: the title screen in the game says "Star Keepr" instead of "Star Keeper". I know the game is still a work in progress, but if anything, I actually kinda like the misspelling. It makes it stand out a bit.

All I can say is keep up the good work!

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:52:01 AM
zxdplay (21)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Other
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

I would have to say, that is one professional styled game! Very nice! I really like the graphics!

One thing to note: the title screen in the game says "Star Keepr" instead of "Star Keeper". I know the game is still a work in progress, but if anything, I actually kinda like the misspelling. It makes it stand out a bit.

thank you, you find a big bug

~~~~~~  苦海无边,回头是岸 ~~~~~~

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:02:50 AM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Originally posted by: zxdplay

No problem! I wouldn't say it's anything major, as everything else looks very well put together. Again, I love the art and graphics, and I would love to see a final release sometime! 

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:46:39 AM
wonderboy (445)
(Chris Leach) < Kraid Killer >
United States
Is support the project and buy one as long as it's not for sale for 1billion yen or something weird
. Just a note. There seems to be a health bar but no scoring system? Am I missing the score? Does a scoring system add playability?
Put me down for a cib or if it's only a cart release. I'm still in

....Somethin' Sweet Down There!

Edited: 04/20/2014 at 08:51 AM by wonderboy

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:51:20 AM
GibbyVA (32)
(NESCAPADES ) < Meka Chicken >
Virginia
The game looks quite fun. Nice work!

I liked the music and style of gameplay. The last bit was cool too. It looked like the entrance near the end of Zelda II.

I'd love to buy a copy when you release this, as many here would. Keep us posted.

8-Bit Collection (no dupes) -  NES - 1,245 Famicom - 719  Master System - 255
Latest additions - AO, UXO, O-To-X, Rock Paper Scissors, Enigmacore, Cowlitz Gamers Adventure, Journey: The Game, Khan Games 4in1, Legends of Owlia

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:52:10 AM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Im in. I'd buy it off eBay if that is where it was listed.

VideoGameSage.com

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:20:05 AM
Duke.Togo (114)
(Christopher Cantrell) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
The game looks great! I will be watching for this one, and would buy a copy.

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:21:00 AM
sorethumbs (28)
(Chris Moores) < Eggplant Wizard >
Alberta
Sign me up for cib when its out

PERMASTRUCT cases or stickers: I'm your buyer;)

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:24:31 AM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Looks neat!

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:51:05 AM
JimJames (154)
(Sir Digby Chicken Caesar) < Kraid Killer >
United States
This looks great! I would also buy this wherever it was for sale. Sent you a PM!

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:56:30 AM
TrekMD (13)
(Eugenio ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Nice looking game!

Going to the final frontier, gaming....

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:58:19 AM
Paul F (10)
(PlayStation 2 ) < Eggplant Wizard >
England
Nice, looks great fun, link the ebay page here if you decide to list them

Come visit www.playstationage.com -  your Nintendo Age username and password will let you in

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:58:59 AM
zxdplay (21)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Other

Originally posted by: zxdplay

No problem! I wouldn't say it's anything major, as everything else looks very well put together. Again, I love the art and graphics, and I would love to see a final release sometime! 

ok, bug fixed

~~~~~~  苦海无边,回头是岸 ~~~~~~

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:52:12 AM
GradualGames (39)
(Derek Andrews) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
Why did you remove your video? I was looking forward to checking this out. *edit* nevermind...it appears it was just gone for a few minutes for me, it is back now.

...this looks really charming! Great job! I love the fat hopping bunny.

Creators of: Nomolos: Storming the CATsle, and The Legends of Owlia.

Edited: 04/20/2014 at 10:55 AM by GradualGames

Apr 20, 2014 at 11:05:05 AM
SpacemanSpiff (20)
(Calvin Hobbes) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Nice looking game!

Apr 20, 2014 at 11:05:13 AM
zxdplay (21)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Other
Originally posted by: GradualGames

Why did you remove your video? I was looking forward to checking this out. *edit* nevermind...it appears it was just gone for a few minutes for me, it is back now.

...this looks really charming! Great job! I love the fat hopping bunny.

there is a bug, link of video is fixed

~~~~~~  苦海无边,回头是岸 ~~~~~~

Edited: 04/20/2014 at 11:16 AM by zxdplay

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:12:05 PM
RpgCollector (128)
(Jeff Oconnell) < Kraid Killer >
California
Very nice looking game.

Down to the last 2 Sega Game Gear games I need for the CIB USA set. What I will pay for CIB:

Fantastic Dizzy -$300 & Sports Illustrated -$300

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:33:54 PM
Roth (67)
(Rob Bryant) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Looks sharp! Great job : D

http://slydogstudios.org...

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:40:18 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Great looking game!! Very well put together. Can't wait to play it for myself.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:40:30 PM
elprincipe (90)
< Meka Chicken >
Virginia
Looks well done, cool idea - would be interested

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:45:28 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Looks sweet to me! I'm down for a copy and would love to beta test the game to find more bugs. That's kind of my thing.

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)