Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Question about collecting! How hard is it to go from cart to cib? Your opinions please!

Aug 11 at 3:27:06 PM
Jeevan (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Indiana
Hey all,

Just wondering what you guys think.  How difficult is it to go from cart only to cib?  In other words, anyone going cart only that wanted to go cib, was it hard to buy boxes and instructions/maps/etc. or did you find it easier to buy cib rather than buying boxes and manuals later?

-------------------------
Anybody want a butterscotch?

Aug 11 at 3:32:02 PM
snk2d4ever (70)
(Chris M) < Crack Trooper >
Indiana
I had a 676 "set" of NES carts and sold them all off and starting buying CIB/Sealed.

I really wanted to have nice copies with all the inserts and that's a lot of work to Frankenstein together. It's far easier just to buy CIB games.

Aug 11 at 3:32:21 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
It was significantly easier for me to sell my carts and buy cibs. I still have a few loose carts that need boxes/manuals, and a few boxes/manuals that need carts, from when I was transitioning.

Aug 11 at 3:43:49 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Cart only for this guy! $ is really the biggest hurdle in CIB. I figure it would be too time consuming to buy box and manual separately.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Aug 11 at 3:49:39 PM
Jeevan (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Indiana
That's what I figured, it is easier to buy cib, thanks, I might buy some loose carts of cheap stuff but I was just curious, still playing my back log and paying off a few things. Money is for sure a big issue on cib   but SPARE NO EXPENSE when it comes to hobbies right...........ya, just dont go for broke!

Anybody want a butterscotch?

Aug 20 at 10:12:01 AM
OptOut (10)
(Taiwan PAL Gamer ) < Lolo Lord >
Taiwan
Hey Jeevan, selling any loose N64 perchance? Always on the lookout for bulk cheap deals on shitty sports and racing games! I can lighten your shelves of carts to free up space for boxes, and help pad your wallet for when the big bucks start spilling from it, lol!  

***Help me finish my N64 set!!!***
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...
***I will pay good money for YOUR shovelware sports games!!!***

Aug 20 at 10:31:07 AM
Richardhead (13)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
I really enjoy Frankensteining games together. While
It it more time consuming, the thrill of when you pick up a cart and realize you have the box/manual/inserts at home is great. It's also a lot less expensive that way. I figure I'll be collecting for a while so what's the rush.
Good luck on your quest.