Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Hall Of Shame Removal Information Here.

Oct 6, 2016 at 3:04:20 PM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
Originally posted by: ookii_risu

Originally posted by: TheToxicCollector

There is a lot of feedback out there that isn't necessarily accurate though. A lot of times if I have an unpleasant transaction I just don't leave feedback simply because of retaliatory feedback like others have mentioned.

Edit: I've never been burned here but I have had some transactions with people who have lots of positive feedback that I have been pretty unhappy with. 

I can see your point there, and I agree. The issue of inaccurate feedback/fear of retaliatory feedback is one that I hope a revamp of the feedback system will address.

^This. I've run into the same problem, such as a seller not leaving feedback and giving items that were not as described. As the buyer, you are then forced to decide if you will give them positive feedback or not and risk a retaliatory.

-------------------------
Instagram
Wishlist

Oct 6, 2016 at 3:59:36 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: cirellio

Originally posted by: ookii_risu

Originally posted by: TheToxicCollector

There is a lot of feedback out there that isn't necessarily accurate though. A lot of times if I have an unpleasant transaction I just don't leave feedback simply because of retaliatory feedback like others have mentioned.

Edit: I've never been burned here but I have had some transactions with people who have lots of positive feedback that I have been pretty unhappy with. 

I can see your point there, and I agree. The issue of inaccurate feedback/fear of retaliatory feedback is one that I hope a revamp of the feedback system will address.

^This. I've run into the same problem, such as a seller not leaving feedback and giving items that were not as described. As the buyer, you are then forced to decide if you will give them positive feedback or not and risk a retaliatory.

If you're running into this pickle, you can still PM any mod for assistance and we'll do what we can.

Just because the HOS went away doesn't mean that we're no longer helping out in transaction issues, definitely get a hold of one of us when needed.

Oct 6, 2016 at 4:15:05 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
I am fine with the HOS being gone, I've never really used it for seeing who not to deal with, and word gets around anyway. I always check feedback before dealing with anybody and so far it's worked out for me. And if a transaction goes south, I have no issue speaking to a mod about it. Once it was mentioned that the feedback system is getting revamped it no longer made sense to keep the HOS IMO. Remember mods are helping out, not getting paid. Why should their work be unnecessarily harder than it already is?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Oct 6, 2016 at 4:19:53 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

As a new user with no feedback, I'm worried that people will be hesitant to make deals with me. So that is one way in which I feel the feedback system is negative to myself or other people new to the boards. But if the feedback is in place, how does it differ from the Hall of Shame? I saw someone mention that they were worried about being appropriately negative when it called for it in fear of negative feedback on themselves. Could that still not work the same way with the Hall of Shame? Someone can say negative things about your transaction through either format. I know I'm new and someone can call me out on being unaware of how this was helpful, but from what little I know, it seems redundant? We can always search through a users feedback to see if they are good to make deals with? Not criticizing, just wondering.

You do realize that at one point everyone in this thread was a new user with zero feedback.  That being said, I've never seen anyone openly discriminate on here based on feedback numbers. 

If you're worried about dealing with someone, check out their feedback, I do it on the rare occasion that I buy something on here, if I don't know them. 

We (the mods) are still going to do everything we can to help with NA transactions, and I'd encourage everyone to be honest with their feedback.  Feedback that is purely retaliatory will be dealt with. 

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Oct 6, 2016 at 4:22:47 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
I do know that everyone started somewhere. I'd assume there are people that are cautious of dealing with someone who is unknown. Especially when high dollar items are concerned. I'll be fine, I was just saying that would be the only thing that could concern me.

Oct 6, 2016 at 4:35:17 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
Ontario

I do know that everyone started somewhere. I'd assume there are people that are cautious of dealing with someone who is unknown. Especially when high dollar items are concerned. I'll be fine, I was just saying that would be the only thing that could concern me.

just don't go making offers on stadium events and you'll be fine  if you want to trade you'll be expected to send first. If you're buying just start small. Or if you're selling, also start small. Do you have feedback on eBay or other forums? You could anyways point to that. You'll build some feedback in no time.  

Oct 6, 2016 at 4:37:47 PM
johnnyboy113 (352)
(John ) < King Solomon >
New York
Originally posted by: BertBerryCrunch

just don't go making offers on stadium events and you'll be fine  if you want to trade you'll be expected to send first. If you're buying just start small. Or if you're selling, also start small. Do you have feedback on eBay or other forums? You could anyways point to that. You'll build some feedback in no time.  

Perfect! Exactly this

Pizza will be delivered to all in May! ;-)

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:01:24 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
Originally posted by: johnnyboy113

Perfect! Exactly this

Yeah, I buy on ebay a bit.  I also know Brock_Landers outside of this board and have bought/sold with him before.

What sucks is that I am going for $100 range games at the moment, ha.  Not the highest end games but just enough to be wary.

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:10:59 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
Ontario

Perfect! Exactly this

Yeah, I buy on ebay a bit.  I also know Brock_Landers outside of this board and have bought/sold with him before.

What sucks is that I am going for $100 range games at the moment, ha.  Not the highest end games but just enough to be wary.

pretty sure my first buy here was 150  compared to some of the transactions taking place here that's nothing 

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:14:07 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Perfect! Exactly this

Buying you should be okay, just make sure you're using normal Paypal and you're covered.

Get lots of pics too, or at minimum a board pic.

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:17:39 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
I've never opened a cart before. You need a special tool for that, right?

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:19:52 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
Ontario

I've never opened a cart before. You need a special tool for that, right?

http://m.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=...

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:25:56 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
I'll probably get one of those sets soon. I've got some expensive ones like Hagane that I have no reason to believe are fake... but it would be nice to know. But anyways, thanks for the responses guys.

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:30:02 PM
johnnyboy113 (352)
(John ) < King Solomon >
New York

I'll probably get one of those sets soon. I've got some expensive ones like Hagane that I have no reason to believe are fake... but it would be nice to know. But anyways, thanks for the responses guys.

Also if you can't find legit board pictures for any of your expensive games like hagane you could always post in the help wanted section and I'm sure someone will help :-)

Pizza will be delivered to all in May! ;-)

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:44:39 AM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Originally posted by: Duke.Togo

What about situations outside of a transaction? For example, the price change on the Dino Peak sale after an offer came in.

Until a transaction is in effect, a seller can decide to change the price to whatever they want. Some might find it douchey, but it is their right. After a price has been agreed upon is a different story. Im sure word will get around if someone does that often. 

This is my only concern with the whole thing. Not complaining or saying bring back hos - it's dain and the mods site to run and it's their call. Maybe an easier alternative to this issue could be discussed though. The issue I have is when someone does a FS thread listing a game at certain price. If someone else accepts their offer, it should be binding (assuming it fits any of the other terms they listed like user must have x amount of feedback). If you list a sought after game for sale at 100 bucks, that offer should be binding, or the fs thread becomes a pretty illegitimate market place. For example, someone shouldn't be able to opt out on a buyer who accepted that offer because an in person buyer offered more the next day. More importantly, if the community knows there's no recourse until theres a transaction in place, a late to the party buyer could offer 110 to make sure the guys who accepted first get screwed. Yes, a seller should have the right to field offers, but that's what FO is for. In the same sense that if you list something on eBay or anywhere else at a certain price, you are bound to deliver when that offer is accepted, that needs to be respected in any legitimate sales thread. It is the most basic principle of contract law.

In law school, first lesson in contract law is offer + acceptance + consideration = contract. Consideration is basically some consequence/loss offered in the event a party backs out. That's where hos came in. You screw someone when there is an agreement - it jeopardizes your future potential to do business here. I've been on the crap end of this here more than once and the hos provided a fair consequence. Multiple buyers and seller who included shipping in price went to closest buyer geographically rather than first to accept offer. Multiple buyers and seller chose to sell to a friend who replied two days after i accepted the offer. Etc. If there is no consequence for failing to honor offers of clear terms, this marketplace becomes one where sellers have too much leveraget and no rules to follow. These things can be reviewed/enforced by mods looking at pms. If that's too much, eliminate FS and allow only FO as FS is entirely disingenuous.  

Edited: 10/07/2016 at 01:51 AM by NESfiend

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:26:54 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: NESfiend

Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Originally posted by: Duke.Togo

What about situations outside of a transaction? For example, the price change on the Dino Peak sale after an offer came in.

Until a transaction is in effect, a seller can decide to change the price to whatever they want. Some might find it douchey, but it is their right. After a price has been agreed upon is a different story. Im sure word will get around if someone does that often. 

This is my only concern with the whole thing. Not complaining or saying bring back hos - it's dain and the mods site to run and it's their call. Maybe an easier alternative to this issue could be discussed though. The issue I have is when someone does a FS thread listing a game at certain price. If someone else accepts their offer, it should be binding (assuming it fits any of the other terms they listed like user must have x amount of feedback). If you list a sought after game for sale at 100 bucks, that offer should be binding, or the fs thread becomes a pretty illegitimate market place. For example, someone shouldn't be able to opt out on a buyer who accepted that offer because an in person buyer offered more the next day. More importantly, if the community knows there's no recourse until theres a transaction in place, a late to the party buyer could offer 110 to make sure the guys who accepted first get screwed. Yes, a seller should have the right to field offers, but that's what FO is for. In the same sense that if you list something on eBay or anywhere else at a certain price, you are bound to deliver when that offer is accepted, that needs to be respected in any legitimate sales thread. It is the most basic principle of contract law.

In law school, first lesson in contract law is offer + acceptance + consideration = contract. Consideration is basically some consequence/loss offered in the event a party backs out. That's where hos came in. You screw someone when there is an agreement - it jeopardizes your future potential to do business here. I've been on the crap end of this here more than once and the hos provided a fair consequence. Multiple buyers and seller who included shipping in price went to closest buyer geographically rather than first to accept offer. Multiple buyers and seller chose to sell to a friend who replied two days after i accepted the offer. Etc. If there is no consequence for failing to honor offers of clear terms, this marketplace becomes one where sellers have too much leveraget and no rules to follow. These things can be reviewed/enforced by mods looking at pms. If that's too much, eliminate FS and allow only FO as FS is entirely disingenuous.  

The consequence is they get banned if they do a bunch of stuff like that. Trust me, we will know. 

Unless a transaction is in effect, people can choose to list it how they wish. 

Edit: Let me clarify. Since NA makes no money off transactions, we really have no recourse against people that abuse the systen (other than banning) so people that take advantage are subject to our rules. 

Once again, unless a tranaction is in effect people can do as they wish (within reason). If you tell someone a high value item is theirs, and they tell you they are selling an item to make sure they have enough to pay you, and at the 11th hour you decide to take more money we will address that when it happens. 

Edited: 10/07/2016 at 09:25 AM by MrWunderful