Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Amiibo Wave 2 Madness coming this weekend!!!

LOCKED TOPIC

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:17:17 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: LAMRN15

With a Star Fox game coming, I expect Fox to be around again.

This is the smash bros fox though. If they stop making this one, Theyd probably release a different one that works the same  or the card thing like miyamoto said. 

If they release a new one for the game then collectors will buy that one too and people who want one for the game still have one to buy even if the old fox works with it but they dont collect them all and passed on it, nintendo still wins. Free money.

-------------------------

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 01/06/2015 at 10:19 PM by quest4nes

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:21:00 PM
LAMRN15 (3)
< Meka Chicken >
Arkansas
I really think people are panicking on this amiibo stuff. It's frustrating with all the scampers in play, but the things just got released and the holidays are just finished. I'm betting most of this stuff will be back in stock and easier to find soon.

My collection: https://spreadsheets.google.com/s...

I'm a PC/console/handheld gamer and retro collector!

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:56:25 AM
Raichu (5)
< Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Originally posted by: KAMIKAWA

Originally posted by: Pickle

Ended up getting Fox just now! Literally just got home! Went to two targets (out of the many, many Targets in my area, these were two of the only accroding to targets website that said Fox was in stock) No Luck. Website was inaccurate

Went to a Walmart like 12 miles away from the second target I went to because the website said they had it on my phone, and luckily they had one! They only had one Fox (good thing too because their site says that specific store had Samus as well but they didn't) and a bunch of Peach and Pikachu. The rest of the racks were completely empty. It was well worth the drive, especially since if it is discontinued and it doesn't get another production run I will be kicking myself for not picking it up. If it does indeed get another production run, oh well, better to be safe then sorry. I take any of these amiibo discontinue rumors seriously, especially since Fox is out of stock pretty much everywhere right now. Fortunately the packaging is in excellent shape! Never know when you drive a long ways to a store that supposedly has only one in stock what kind of condition it may be in.

As for Samus hes still in stock on Amazon, Best Buy's site, Gamestop's site and both the Targets I just went to looking for Fox had Samus on the shelf. Gamestop and Targets and Walmarts websites all say hes available in most of their stores in my area as well.

Samus is a woman

smh. obviously this person isnt a fan of the series
I'm a huge Metroid fan, it was just a simple mistake on my part to refer to Samus as a male.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:11:20 AM
Heartbreak7 (23)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia

So if Nintendo floods the market with all of the "rares", does everyone in this thread get butthurt because the flip dies or does everyone celebrate availability?

What if these became the next Beanie Baby?

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:57:19 PM
WolfAlmighty (3)
(Wolfgang Abenteuer) < Lolo Lord >
Washington
Originally posted by: Heartbreak7

So if Nintendo floods the market with all of the "rares", does everyone in this thread get butthurt because the flip dies or does everyone celebrate availability?

In my case I would buy more of them.  I like the way these things look on the shelf so if they were available again in stores I would probably pick up the ones I'm missing, so I would probably be more towards the celebrating crowd.  If that never happens, then I won't be picking up the figures I'm missing.  So, speaking just for my case, Nintendo is the one losing money by not producing more of them.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:01:45 PM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
Originally posted by: WolfAlmighty

In my case I would buy more of them.  I like the way these things look on the shelf so if they were available again in stores I would probably pick up the ones I'm missing, so I would probably be more towards the celebrating crowd.  If that never happens, then I won't be picking up the figures I'm missing.  So, speaking just for my case, Nintendo is the one losing money by not producing more of them.
Yeah, that's the way I look at it. It's a win-win situation for collectors like us.
If these tank in value, we get to complete our collections on the cheap!

Instagram
Wishlist

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:40:32 PM
lookitdisguy (20)
(Mike Martinez) < Eggplant Wizard >
Tennessee

Only resellers will get butt hurt.

Collectors everywhere will be glad to get them all for the asking price.

http://twitch.tv/lookitdisguy

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:41:58 PM
Sterling_Archer (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Saw several reports on Reddit yesterday of Toys R Us stores getting the Captain. They turned out to be legit! I got one today at a local TRU.

Definitely worth checking out. TRU's doing a good job with damage control, it seems...!

Jan 7, 2015 at 6:46:58 PM
POB1337 (30)
< El Ripper >
Quebec
Falcon up on Amazon Canada if anybody wants it. Diddy Kong as well.

http://www.amazon.ca/Captain-Falc...

Edited: 01/07/2015 at 06:47 PM by POB1337

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:08:03 PM
Diamante Loco (149)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
and it's gone.... :-/

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:38:09 PM
SkyScoty (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Texas
Originally posted by: lookitdisguy

If everyone has all the amiibos where would all the fun be? No trading, No hunting, No Fun.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:01:55 PM
POB1337 (30)
< El Ripper >
Quebec
Originally posted by: SkyScoty

If everyone has all the amiibos where would all the fun be? No trading, No hunting, No Fun.

And tell me what is the fun to waste 10 hours a week to find nothing or pay 10 times the price on Ebay?

We don't have the same definition of fun lol.

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:56:06 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Nothing we don't already know, but there was an article on gameinformer today about the amiibo market.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/fea...

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:00:30 AM
SkyScoty (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Texas
Originally posted by: POB1337

And tell me what is the fun to waste 10 hours a week to find nothing or pay 10 times the price on Ebay? We don't have the same definition of fun lol.

Nobody is forcing you to waste 10 hours a week. I ordered my marth and villager amiibo 5 days after they came out. So there was plenty of time for people that where Fire Emblem or Harvest Moon fans to pick them up.

I didn't get the WFT because i'm not a fan and I didn't like the figure. If they bring it back I'll probably pick one up if they don't I really don't care.

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:27:04 AM
Fantomex (216)
(Chris Z) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania

And tell me what is the fun to waste 10 hours a week to find nothing or pay 10 times the price on Ebay? We don't have the same definition of fun lol.

Nobody is forcing you to waste 10 hours a week. I ordered my marth and villager amiibo 5 days after they came out. So there was plenty of time for people that where Fire Emblem or Harvest Moon fans to pick them up.

I didn't get the WFT because i'm not a fan and I didn't like the figure. If they bring it back I'll probably pick one up if they don't I really don't care.

What does harvest moon have to do with amiibo?

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:31:35 AM
SkyScoty (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Texas
Originally posted by: Fantomex

What does harvest moon have to do with amiibo?

My bad... I meant Animal Crossing.

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:06:22 PM
WolfAlmighty (3)
(Wolfgang Abenteuer) < Lolo Lord >
Washington
Edit:  Disregard.  I looked at it and only Kirby has HAL on him, which would make sense.

Edited: 01/09/2015 at 03:12 AM by WolfAlmighty

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:46:00 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Just throwing this out. From the guy who made the F-Bomb video...
Warning: NSFW audio. Loads of F-bombs...

We also have an interview, that quietly got deleted, and resurrected thanks to archive.org.
https://web.archive.org/web/20150...

Dude hates Rosalina, that's why he's buying them all so fans can't have them...

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...