Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Music Debate 12: Lil Xan With poll and ratings explanation

Jun 01 at 5:46:09 PM
kguillemette (13)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Meka Chicken >
New Hampshire
Yawn. 70s prog rock. Yes and ELP is great music to nap to.

-------------------------
FT/FS list  ​​​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list ​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 01 at 5:52:41 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: kguillemette

Alright BHEEED From the guy who likes electronic dance music I'm not going to really take anything you say about music to heart.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 06/01/2019 at 05:56 PM by Uncle Meat

Jun 01 at 7:31:35 PM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: ChocolateChipCharlie

It really is hard for me to give anyone credit who isn't accompanied by instrumentation via people who actually play instruments, It's pretty fucking sad when "He makes his own beats" is some kind of big deal and makes a difference.

Play the drums and make a funky beat, put in the years and 1000s of hours of time...Or do what these fucking jokers do and know acknowledge it's easier to do it at a computer....You can just delete shit you don't like and I know you can cut and paste in recording programs these days but you still had skill to acquire especially if you are expected to play it live.

This genre and a lot of other "I can rhyme over a computer beat" is the worst of the fuckin worst.

Wow I didn't know it was possible for someone to be even more pretentious than 16 year-old me after I discovered Dream Theater. Impressive.

Jun 01 at 7:43:13 PM
kguillemette (13)

New Hampshire

Alright BHEEED From the guy who likes electronic dance music I'm not going to really take anything you say about music to heart.

I wouldn't expect you to. There's a lot of edm I really dig, there's a lot of metal, some rap, lots of many different types of music. I don't dismiss 70s prog rock. I definitely don't prefer it. I only like music that sounds good to me.

Jun 01 at 7:49:01 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: ZBomber

It really is hard for me to give anyone credit who isn't accompanied by instrumentation via people who actually play instruments, It's pretty fucking sad when "He makes his own beats" is some kind of big deal and makes a difference.

Play the drums and make a funky beat, put in the years and 1000s of hours of time...Or do what these fucking jokers do and know acknowledge it's easier to do it at a computer....You can just delete shit you don't like and I know you can cut and paste in recording programs these days but you still had skill to acquire especially if you are expected to play it live.

This genre and a lot of other "I can rhyme over a computer beat" is the worst of the fuckin worst.

Wow I didn't know it was possible for someone to be even more pretentious than 16 year-old me after I discovered Dream Theater. Impressive.
Here I am.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 01 at 7:51:27 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

I wouldn't expect you to. There's a lot of edm I really dig, there's a lot of metal, some rap, lots of many different types of music. I don't dismiss 70s prog rock. I definitely don't prefer it. I only like music that sounds good to me.

Throw some at me, especially the metals.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 01 at 7:55:55 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
I'd like to know how many people who vote high in these threads actually buy and or support the artists too, I would assume it would be insanely low.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 06/01/2019 at 07:56 PM by Uncle Meat

Jun 01 at 8:18:19 PM
Richardhead (13)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado

I'd like to know how many people who vote high in these threads actually buy and or support the artists too, I would assume it would be insanely low.

You’ll never know without a poll.

Jun 01 at 8:21:42 PM
kguillemette (13)

New Hampshire

My top 10 metals in no particular order

Strapping young lad, Cynic, Nightwish(with tarja), Katatonia, Amorphis, Clutch, Iron maiden, Sonata Arctica, Megadeth, Opeth,

Top 5 EDMs

Calvin Harris, Morgan Page, Nicky Romero, Chainsmokers, Zedd,

I more enjoy the poppier end, not a fan of the more underground and dub step artists. These guys are special though, imo. Their songs tell a story with just their music alone. So much emotion and heart in just a beat.

Edited: 06/01/2019 at 08:23 PM by kguillemette

Jun 01 at 8:59:25 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

My top 10 metals in no particular order Strapping young lad, Cynic, Nightwish(with tarja), Katatonia, Amorphis, Clutch, Iron maiden, Sonata Arctica, Megadeth, Opeth, Top 5 EDMs Calvin Harris, Morgan Page, Nicky Romero, Chainsmokers, Zedd, I more enjoy the poppier end, not a fan of the more underground and dub step artists. These guys are special though, imo. Their songs tell a story with just their music alone. So much emotion and heart in just a beat.

Seen them all live before, met Dave Mustaine twice and have his signature at least 10 times over, I am a massive Maiden fan (GOt tickets for them in September), got 5 posters framed from the 80s from the Somewhere in Time/Seventh Son tour hung up in the living room plus a VIP backstage pass from the 86/87 tour. 

Have most of the Megadeth/Maiden stuff all on CD and Vinyl multiple times over.

Glad we met some middle ground.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 06/01/2019 at 09:01 PM by Uncle Meat

Jun 01 at 9:06:17 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia

Next stop, jazz!

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Jun 01 at 9:24:44 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Next stop, jazz!

Speaking of which I found an excellent copy of Miles Davis' On the Corner today, 1st pressing.

I know I like to be a dickhead about music and shit but I'm honestly playing instruments every single day, I am actively in record stores multiple times a week seeking out albums to buy....I doubt the same can be said about the people who want to give me shit about how much of a snob I am about it.

After all this is a video game forum and I totally get that music might not be on the top of people's agendas.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 06/01/2019 at 09:27 PM by Uncle Meat

Jun 01 at 9:54:28 PM
kguillemette (13)

New Hampshire

I know I like to be a dickhead about music and shit but I'm honestly playing instruments every single day, I am actively in record stores multiple times a week seeking out albums to buy....I doubt the same can be said about the people who want to give me shit about how much of a snob I am about it.

After all this is a video game forum and I totally get that music might not be on the top of people's agendas.

Who cares?

Edited: 06/01/2019 at 09:54 PM by kguillemette

Jun 01 at 10:17:16 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Me since you decided to engage in a conversation about it, I induldge myself in the musical universe probabaly a hell of a lot more than you do.

Music is such a wide thing that literally everyone can have an opinion on it but like everything else lots of people aren't as educated in a particular subject just like anything else.

I am sure that I have 100x more musical education than you do and I can tell bullshit from non bullshit based upon notes that are being played, sure you can just say that music is an expression of someone or a collaborative group of people but let's be perfectly honest some people do it a hell of a lot better than others.

Find me a better guitar player than Allan Holdsworth, find me a better bass player than Jaco Pastorius, find me a better keyboard player than Keith Emerson, find me a better drummer than Tony Williams.

I'm completely open minded to any kind of suggestions that you have and would be 100% accepting if I felt a player you suggest can exemplify music in every sense possible (composition,feeling, execution of complete skill). Better than the above mentioned players.

I have selected these players based upon 10000s of hours of listening to various types of genres and I feel these are probably some of the best players I can think of on their instrument.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 06/01/2019 at 10:28 PM by Uncle Meat

Jun 01 at 10:25:34 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Those are guys who can literally teach the instrument to the most educational level possible when it comes to expression, it isn't even just being able to play well those guys know all their shit and are educators they are the reason that people pick up the instruments and want to take it to the highest level possible.

I have a feeling you have no fucking clue what you are talking about when it comes to music or music education or influence on music as a whole or musicians who push the boundries of their instruments.

Can you fuck off now too? You are the musical discussion equivalent engagement to the itch I have on my ballsack when I put on an uncomfortable pair of underwear.

Thanks bud.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 06/01/2019 at 10:38 PM by Uncle Meat

Jun 01 at 10:46:44 PM
kguillemette (13)

New Hampshire
Conversely, if you were to have a discussion with me about taste, flavor, and food preparation, I would not describe my 18 year career in the food industry, talk about the beer and wine pairing dinners I have executed with various brewmasters, brag about the restaurants I've opened up, wave my culinary degree and pull up pictures of myself being instructed by world reknown chefs, and then lambast someone for thinking McDonald's has the best cheeseburger in the world. That would make me a dick. People can have any opinion they want. You can certainly continue to publicly disregard my opinions on music if you so choose because I gave lil xan a 3/10 and don't like 70s prog rock. You just seem silly to me for doing so.

Jun 01 at 10:50:27 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

Conversely, if you were to have a discussion with me about taste, flavor, and food preparation, I would not describe my 18 year career in the food industry, talk about the beer and wine pairing dinners I have executed with various brewmasters, brag about the restaurants I've opened up, wave my culinary degree and pull up pictures of myself being instructed by world reknown chefs, and then lambast someone for thinking McDonald's has the best cheeseburger in the world. That would make me a dick. People can have any opinion they want. You can certainly continue to publicly disregard my opinions on music if you so choose because I gave lil xan a 3/10 and don't like 70s prog rock. You just seem silly to me for doing so.
Well fuck me thank god we aren't on a forum about collecting rocks talking about how to prepare food or else I'd *really* be fucked.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 01 at 11:01:33 PM
kguillemette (13)

New Hampshire
I do admire that you are among the first to vote 0/10 and passionately defend your position rather than just being a ghost. It really is passion like yours that makes these discussions fun to participate in. I look forward to your opinions on next week's poll!

Jun 01 at 11:09:34 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

I do admire that you are among the first to vote 0/10 and passionately defend your position rather than just being a ghost. It really is passion like yours that makes these discussions fun to participate in. I look forward to your opinions on next week's poll!
Seems I've been check-mated by kindness.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 01 at 11:26:36 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
As someone who has purchased 1500+ physical albums, and plays guitar, I wish I had known those were the credentials for being "better at music" than everyone else. I should have been screaming that in people's faces for years!

...of course that would have been incredibly douchey and rubbed everyone the wrong way, but what can you do!

...totally gonna start doing that for Super Nintendo though.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak

Jun 01 at 11:27:58 PM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Me since you decided to engage in a conversation about it, I induldge myself in the musical universe probabaly a hell of a lot more than you do.

Music is such a wide thing that literally everyone can have an opinion on it but like everything else lots of people aren't as educated in a particular subject just like anything else.

I am sure that I have 100x more musical education than you do and I can tell bullshit from non bullshit based upon notes that are being played, sure you can just say that music is an expression of someone or a collaborative group of people but let's be perfectly honest some people do it a hell of a lot better than others.

Find me a better guitar player than Allan Holdsworth, find me a better bass player than Jaco Pastorius, find me a better keyboard player than Keith Emerson, find me a better drummer than Tony Williams.

I'm completely open minded to any kind of suggestions that you have and would be 100% accepting if I felt a player you suggest can exemplify music in every sense possible (composition,feeling, execution of complete skill). Better than the above mentioned players.

I have selected these players based upon 10000s of hours of listening to various types of genres and I feel these are probably some of the best players I can think of on their instrument.

Thank you for the new copyapasta

Jun 01 at 11:34:05 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >

I look forward to your opinions on next week's poll!
Should be another fun one...

Jun 01 at 11:40:53 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
This made me laugh a bit:

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Jun 01 at 11:44:29 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >

Jun 02 at 12:47:09 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

As someone who has purchased 1500+ physical albums, and plays guitar, I wish I had known those were the credentials for being "better at music" than everyone else. I should have been screaming that in people's faces for years!

...of course that would have been incredibly douchey and rubbed everyone the wrong way, but what can you do!

...totally gonna start doing that for Super Nintendo though.

It certainly means something compared to someone who hasn't.

I also don't give a fuck about any kind of "cred" I have on here at all.

Can't wait for the next piece of shit music poll to come out. Duur durr duurr fuckin Super Nintendo...Ya fuckin goyf.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 06/02/2019 at 12:51 AM by Uncle Meat