Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2015 Weekly Contests Presents: Shatterhand Challenge ends Sunday, 8/23/15 at 11 PM NA time

Aug 16, 2015 at 1:40:50 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
Hello everyone and welcome to the latest installment of the Weekly Contests!  This week's game is going to be Shatterhand.  Here are the rules:

• Play the stages in any order
  • Play until Game Over
  • Take your picture on the Game Over screen (you may not continue)
  • No point racking whatsoever
  • Highest score wins
  • GENRE: Action/Platformer

The contest ends Sunday, 8/23/15 at 11 PM NA time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

-------------------------

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 08/23/2015 at 03:16 PM by bimmy_lee

Aug 16, 2015 at 2:31:14 PM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
OFFICIAL SCOREBOARD
Shatterhand
(Action/Platformer)

Place  Score Username
1 1,469,200 cdbblw
2 1,454,000 skinnygrinny
3 1,374,000 bearcat-doug
4 320,050 arnpoly
5 262,200 BriGuy82
6 173,200 CLAYB1RD
7 97,750 ninjistar
8 76,750 floydfan38
9 45,950 WashYourFace

Edited: 08/25/2015 at 08:26 PM by bertsampson

Aug 16, 2015 at 9:06:50 PM
cdbblw (50)
(B rad the man) < Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia

Edited: 08/19/2015 at 09:32 PM by cdbblw

Aug 16, 2015 at 9:51:49 PM
WashYourFace (4)
(Jay ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Hm, don't own this. Might have to emulate this week.

Now playing:
• Ni no Kuni
Listening to:
• "Second Hand News" -Fleetwood Mac

I am one of the elite in game playing circles... a "Nintendo Lemming Master"

Aug 16, 2015 at 10:37:53 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Hi everyone. You might of noticed as of late i'm not playing and submitting much anymore. Mostly as I think I have lost my ambition to want to. I keep trying every week to get a score on but more and more I just feel I don't want to play anymore. I can't explain it. I have been trying to beat double dragon 2 but even my drive for that is about lost. Anyone else here have that problem? I mean I don't even play my wii u,3dsxl or my new ps4 I just got. Can anyone help me

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Edited: 08/16/2015 at 10:38 PM by Megamanfan

Aug 16, 2015 at 11:18:13 PM
ninjistar (29)
(Mr E ) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: Megamanfan

Hi everyone. You might of noticed as of late i'm not playing and submitting much anymore. Mostly as I think I have lost my ambition to want to. I keep trying every week to get a score on but more and more I just feel I don't want to play anymore. I can't explain it. I have been trying to beat double dragon 2 but even my drive for that is about lost. Anyone else here have that problem? I mean I don't even play my wii u,3dsxl or my new ps4 I just got. Can anyone help me
Sounds like you've got some burn out. Any task done repeatedly for too long will cause this. Take a break, step away, do something else for a bit (or split your time differently). Most likely, your interest will return on its own. 

On the hunt for prototypes...

Eat, sleep, collect, repeat.
[ YouTube ]   [ Twitter ]   [ Blog ]   [ RF Generation ]   [ VGCollect ]   [ NA WTB

Aug 16, 2015 at 11:26:04 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: ninjistar

Sounds like you've got some burn out. Any task done repeatedly for too long will cause this. Take a break, step away, do something else for a bit (or split your time differently). Most likely, your interest will return on its own. 

I will try I just feel bad if I don't post a score.  I feel like I let people down

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Aug 16, 2015 at 11:31:41 PM
Quigley Rocks! (3)
(Eric ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia

Oh yeah! That happens to me every so often. In the last year, I have picked up my gaming again after a case of burn out. I have tried out new titles I never heard of or never had the chance to play before, which has kept me going this time. Right now, I am plugging away at trying to beat Journey to Silius (finally made to the last stage boss). Over a year ago, I would have given up after a few tries and moved on something outside of gaming. Just take a break for a few days, a week, or whatever you need, and come back to it when you are ready.

Games currently being played: NES - The Incident; Little Samson

Aug 17, 2015 at 12:57:41 AM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington

Yup, burned out.  It's ok, you can light back up!  I mostly just play on the weekends now, and not anything like I did the first half of the year.  Get out and do something else.  I just climbed to the top of Mt. St. Helens yesterday.  You don't have to play hours per day to get a decent enough score.  Or, you can just settle for a participation point each week and put in the work on some of the games you really enjoy.  Overall, this is for fun.  If it's not fun, don't do it.  No one will cry if you don't post a score, and we're all happy to see when you do.

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:49:05 AM
Philosoraptor (52)
< King Solomon >
Texas
Gah. Don't have this one. Oh well.

Aug 17, 2015 at 11:07:21 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Edited: 08/21/2015 at 12:24 PM by bearcat-doug

Aug 18, 2015 at 8:44:42 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: cdbblw

now where talking I know I can beat this one

I was able to beat it last night, but I doubt that I'll be able to do it on one credit. The last few stages are tough.

Aug 18, 2015 at 9:24:07 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
This is definitely a tough game for playing it the first time. I finished three levels the other night (had to use 5 or 6 continues) before I wore out, lol!

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:07:36 AM
WashYourFace (4)
(Jay ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
So this is actually over at 11pm, not noon, right? Title says noon, post says 11pm

Now playing:
• Ni no Kuni
Listening to:
• "Second Hand News" -Fleetwood Mac

I am one of the elite in game playing circles... a "Nintendo Lemming Master"

Aug 18, 2015 at 11:00:57 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: arnpoly

This is definitely a tough game for playing it the first time. I finished three levels the other night (had to use 5 or 6 continues) before I wore out, lol!

I was able to make it to the Area D boss battle (I'm playing the stages in order), so hopefully I can 1cc it by the end of the week if I get enough time to play. The anti gravity stage is a pain and the last stage is really tough.

Edited: 08/18/2015 at 11:01 AM by bearcat-doug

Aug 18, 2015 at 11:16:05 AM
arnpoly (110)
Illinois
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

I was able to make it to the Area D boss battle (I'm playing the stages in order), so hopefully I can 1cc it by the end of the week if I get enough time to play. The anti gravity stage is a pain and the last stage is really tough.

Is Area D the one in the middle?  That level's boss is where I quit! 

I played this last year with a friend one night and we were able to make it to the last stage but we didn't get very far.

Take On The NES Library!

Aug 18, 2015 at 11:29:52 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Is Area D the one in the middle?  That level's boss is where I quit! 

I played this last year with a friend one night and we were able to make it to the last stage but we didn't get very far.

Area D is the water filtration plant in the bottom left. The middle one is Area F. The burning city is one of the harder stages and the boss is probably the most difficult. The last stage is tough enough and the final boss is really rough.

Edited: 08/18/2015 at 11:37 AM by bearcat-doug

Aug 18, 2015 at 11:42:11 AM
arnpoly (110)
Illinois

Area D is the water filtration plant in the bottom left. The middle one is Area F. The burning city is one of the harder stages and the boss is probably the most difficult. The toughest part about the last stage is making it through the Mega Man style boss rush before you have to fight the final one.

Ah, I gotcha.  They fooled me with the Area names on the select screen because that wasn't what I was expecting.

Okay so I played Areas A, B, C, and to the boss on F.  Area F was pretty tough and I was getting sleepy while trying to work through it so not a good combination.  The boss was really tough ... I don't think he would be so bad if you had anything resembling attack range.  If you die the first time he's just that much harder.

I think I will be able to beat Areas A-F on one credit given enough play time but I don't know about that last stage.  When my friend and I played only I was able to make it in that last stage far enough to the first refight and when I noticed that the level just kept on going after that I knew we were done for the night!    It was the same thing when we played Kickmaster ... we were good to the last stage and it got to be too much to handle too late in the evening.

Take On The NES Library!

Aug 18, 2015 at 11:52:59 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Ah, I gotcha.  They fooled me with the Area names on the select screen because that wasn't what I was expecting.

Okay so I played Areas A, B, C, and to the boss on F.  Area F was pretty tough and I was getting sleepy while trying to work through it so not a good combination.  The boss was really tough ... I don't think he would be so bad if you had anything resembling attack range.  If you die the first time he's just that much harder.

I think I will be able to beat Areas A-F on one credit given enough play time but I don't know about that last stage.  When my friend and I played only I was able to make it in that last stage far enough to the first refight and when I noticed that the level just kept on going after that I knew we were done for the night!    It was the same thing when we played Kickmaster ... we were good to the last stage and it got to be too much to handle too late in the evening.

Having the robot suit makes the Area F boss fairly easy, but that's definitely easier said than done. I'm not sure what kind of a bonus you get for beating the game, but it seems like my final score was over a million when I did it a few years back.

Edited: 08/18/2015 at 02:30 PM by bearcat-doug

Aug 19, 2015 at 7:57:35 PM
BriGuy82 (25)
(Beady Eyed Man Boy) < Lolo Lord >
New Jersey
Score updated

Edited: 08/23/2015 at 11:03 AM by BriGuy82

Aug 19, 2015 at 8:05:04 PM
BriGuy82 (25)
(Beady Eyed Man Boy) < Lolo Lord >
New Jersey
This game is pretty cool. I'm gonna have to try and revisit it when I have more time.

Aug 20, 2015 at 8:46:51 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Great score! I didn't get any time to play yesterday, but hopefully I can beat it today or tomorrow. I wonder if you get a million point bonus for beating the game? On my 229k game I finished stages A-E and lost my last life about halfway through stage F.

Edited: 08/20/2015 at 11:22 AM by bearcat-doug

Aug 20, 2015 at 9:05:58 AM
arnpoly (110)
Illinois

Take On The NES Library!

Edited: 08/23/2015 at 09:40 PM by arnpoly

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:20:47 AM
Balloon_Kid (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York

Great score! I didn't get any time to play yesterday, but hopefully I can beat it today or tomorrow. I wonder if you get a million point bonus for beating the game? On my 229k game I finished stages A-E and lost my last life about halfway through stage F.

It's been a while since I've cleared the game but I think there's a huge bonus you recieve for each life still in reserve after beating the final boss.

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:24:40 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Balloon_Kid

It's been a while since I've cleared the game but I think there's a huge bonus you recieve for each life still in reserve after beating the final boss.

That makes sense. On my last attempt, I made it about halfway through the last stage and only finished with 359k, so there has to be a huge end game bonus of some kind. Edit: Apparently it gives you a one million point bonus for beating the game on one credit. I was able to beat it after a continue and I only got about 25k for beating the last boss.

Edited: 08/20/2015 at 11:44 AM by bearcat-doug