Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Official Wii U Demo Kiosk Thread Let's track them all!! AND MORE!!!!

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:10:12 AM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Silverspoon

Does anybody have a Wii U sign for the top for sale? Mine didnt come with it...

There's a couple on ebay right now, but people are asking some pretty outlandish prices for these things. 

Also, does anyone have a spare key, they wouldn't give me the one that goes to this kiosk, gonna be fair, I'm gonna try to make 3d printed versions using a 3d scanner that I discovered on campus.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-...~lYnh-m
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-...

-------------------------
Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Feb 14, 2017 at 9:01:10 AM
MattMan (5)
(Matt Man) < Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Here are the parts I have for sale. PM me, I'm selling what you see in the video all in one shot. Everything or nothing.

Download: Nintendo, Sega, or XBOX Collector - Helps keep track of your collection.

Nintendo: http://dfbgaming.com/MattMan/Nintendo/home.html
Sega: http://www.dfbgaming.com/MattMan/Sega/home.html
XBOX: http://www.dfbgaming.com/MattMan/XBOX/home.html

Edited: 02/14/2017 at 04:08 PM by MattMan

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:32:29 AM
adalton1985 (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama
AD - adalton1985 - #551 - Unknown - N - Y - N - N - Y - Y - N - Y - N - Y - N - N

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:06:37 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Well, I had one last chance to grab a monitor, but unfortunately, I found out today that the GS store that I was talking to decided to keep the monitor for their own use. I'm sure there might be a few others out there somewhere, but that was the last store that was local to me. I'm not willing to drive a long distance to find one, so I guess I'm officially done looking. I will stick with what I have and I'm currently looking for an appropriately sized monitor.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:45:53 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
Michigan
Hey all, I have an update on my setup. I have just about completed everything that I wanted to do with my kiosk to make it work the way I needed for my purposes. I added an amplifier (link to what I got below) that actually kind of works. From there I pulled out the potentiometer and moved it to where the gamepad used to be and made a sleeve and knob accordingly. From there, since I have two devices that use audio, I had to make a switch box to fit it and make it work. The only thing left is to get the audio jack to rca so I can hook up the raspberry pi. The switch box was fabricated by me, its just a little board that hooks up a single pole double throw switch to it. I then made a sleeve for a switch and put it where the lock used to be. It works pretty well believe it or not. Just a disclaimer. The amp is straight up false advertising. it is a 20W amp rather than 200W amp. Also, 20W is still too much, I realized that after I got it, it cannot be turned up all the way without doing damage to the speakers. I would recommend finding a 10W amp to make sure you are not damaging your speakers. Hard to believe that I have to go through all this crap just to get audio because mine isn't working

I am going to be replacing the lock, yet again because I think I found something that is the exact shape and size other than the key type. If it works out I will be sure to report back with the info to get one because I'm sure not everyone has the original key.

link to amp: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product...

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:57:06 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I almost forgot. I found out today, that the Switch kiosk will be using the exact same key as the Wii U kiosk, which is why several GS stores kept theirs.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:59:50 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
Michigan
That's what they told me, I could have sworn I mentioned it. I find it kind of weird that they are using the same keys. Seems kinda like a security risk. 

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:04:56 PM
Ared37 (12)
(Jared Smith) < Crack Trooper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: TDIRunner

Well, I had one last chance to grab a monitor, but unfortunately, I found out today that the GS store that I was talking to decided to keep the monitor for their own use. I'm sure there might be a few others out there somewhere, but that was the last store that was local to me. I'm not willing to drive a long distance to find one, so I guess I'm officially done looking. I will stick with what I have and I'm currently looking for an appropriately sized monitor.
Let us know what you end up going with.  I'm probably going to do the same.  I'm not sure what I should be looking for, however.

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:42:03 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Ared37

Let us know what you end up going with.  I'm probably going to do the same.  I'm not sure what I should be looking for, however.

I'm considering this TV right here.  It's a 39" screen which is larger than the original kiosk screen, but since the bezel is gone, this is actually about the size you want.  It's 35" wide and 20" tall, which is 2" more than needed in each direction to cover up the back of the kiosk where the TV sits.  That will leave enough room underneath the TV for me to add some speakers.  The TV is light weight and should be pretty easy to hang on the kiosk.  It has 2 HDMI inputs which is perfect.  One for my system, and one for my Amazon Fire Stick which I will also include in my final setup.  It also has a coax input which is good since I watch my local channels through an antenna.  It's the cheapest TV I can find that fits these dimensions, but $150 is still a lot for a small project like this.  Before I pull the trigger, I will probably look around to see if I can find something used for cheap.  

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insig...

Edited: 02/14/2017 at 08:44 PM by TDIRunner

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:10:23 AM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
Michigan

Originally posted by: Ared37

I'm considering this TV right here.  It's a 39" screen which is larger than the original kiosk screen, but since the bezel is gone, this is actually about the size you want.  It's 35" wide and 20" tall, which is 2" more than needed in each direction to cover up the back of the kiosk where the TV sits.  That will leave enough room underneath the TV for me to add some speakers.  The TV is light weight and should be pretty easy to hang on the kiosk.  It has 2 HDMI inputs which is perfect.  One for my system, and one for my Amazon Fire Stick which I will also include in my final setup.  It also has a coax input which is good since I watch my local channels through an antenna.  It's the cheapest TV I can find that fits these dimensions, but $150 is still a lot for a small project like this.  Before I pull the trigger, I will probably look around to see if I can find something used for cheap.  

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-39-class-38-5-diag--led...

Out of curiosity, how do you intend on mounting the tv? Are you going to make your own brackets or something? Regardless though, I wish you the best of luck. I can't say how well that will fit, but American Engineering knows no bounds, so I'm sure you will be able to do it.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:22:41 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: SNESNESCUBE64

Out of curiosity, how do you intend on mounting the tv? Are you going to make your own brackets or something? Regardless though, I wish you the best of luck. I can't say how well that will fit, but American Engineering knows no bounds, so I'm sure you will be able to do it.
It's going to be one of those deals where you figure it out as you go.  I'm hoping to just bolt it to the kiosk frame, but I can't say for sure if that will work until I have it all in front of me.  If that doesn't work, I will rig up some type of mount to connect it.  

If all else fails, I will just use a lot of super glue.   

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:33:52 AM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
Michigan

It's going to be one of those deals where you figure it out as you go.  I'm hoping to just bolt it to the kiosk frame, but I can't say for sure if that will work until I have it all in front of me.  If that doesn't work, I will rig up some type of mount to connect it.  

If all else fails, I will just use a lot of super glue.   

I would recommend gorilla glue lol. You are gonna have to clamp it, but by god, it will never fall off. That kiosk will rust away before that tv comes off. Downside, if its crooked, that's gonna bother you until you figure out a way to pry that tv off.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Feb 16, 2017 at 8:48:41 AM
kyliemale (4)
< Little Mac >
Illinois
Glad there is an official thread. Mine is in pretty rough shape, but I'll post pics and details as soon as I get it going.

ISO Short List:
Nintendo Power issues: None :D I caught em' all!

I'm also interested in trading/buying Official Nintendo Power Player's Guides

Feb 16, 2017 at 8:56:26 AM
Milwaukee_Nintendo (17)
(Charles A) < Meka Chicken >
Wisconsin
I expect Kamikawa to be chiming in soon here. He found one in great condition in the Milwaukee area and has quite the story to go with it!

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:38:55 AM
Live_Fr0m_NY (8)
(Eric C.) < Crack Trooper >
New York
Used to work at my local Gamestop and my buddy actually now runs the store so he was able to hold it for me. Unfortunately he was instructed to remove the console, controllers, gamepad and monitor from the kiosk but im not complaining. Here is the information regarding my kiosk and what it includeS, currently trying to source a key!

SimplyRetroGaming - Live_Fr0m_NY - 775B8 - WUPM128P-WUP -N - N - N - N - Y - Y - N - Y - N - N - N - N

Edited: 02/16/2017 at 11:54 AM by Live_Fr0m_NY

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:55:57 AM
DevinShidaker (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Ohio
I've had no luck finding one locally. The manager at the Lancaster, Ohio store was telling people that he would be destroying every piece of the kiosk and breaking every hinge because he didn't want people going through their trash. Some people are real dickheads.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:10:22 PM
KAMIKAWA (25)
(Keith Kamikawa) < Kraid Killer >
Wisconsin
For sure Milwaukee Nintendo!

I was lucky enough to be able to snag a Wii U Kiosk.  I asked the manager of my local Gamestop that I regularly go to if/when they get rid of if I could come and pick it up, about 2-3 weeks ago, whenever word hit NA about them being dumped.  2 nights ago some tools rammed their truck through the front of the store to rob the place, they ran right into a metal support beam, they didn’t get far.  The kiosk was right in front of the store but didn’t get hit and the manager needed it gone so they could repair the front of the shop.
I picked it up last night, had to haul it up 3 flights of stairs to my apartment, heavy bastard.  It’s in good condition except the audio works about 5% of the time, seems like the wires connecting to the board on the back of the monitor are loose so I’ll be taking a deep dive to fix it.  No Key, Wii U, Gamepad, Nunchuck, or Wiimote.

My first kiosk, pretty stoked…and out of room.

Name: Keith Kamikawa
Member Name: KAMIKAWA

Serial #474B8
NOA-U-GS

Ver. 02/07/13

Model # WUPM128P-WUP

N, N, N, Y, Y, Y, N, Y, N, Y, N, N

For Sale: Limited Run Games http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Check out my Virtual Reality game PolyAquatic out now on iOS for Google Cardboard!
Coming Soon to Oculus Rift! 
http://polyaquatic.com/...

If you're looking for game art, pixel, 3D, or graphic design hit me up!
https://keithkamikawa.com/...

Edited: 02/16/2017 at 01:25 PM by KAMIKAWA

Feb 16, 2017 at 6:03:17 PM
MattMan (5)
(Matt Man) < Eggplant Wizard >
New York
This guy had some good ideas! Check it out.

Download: Nintendo, Sega, or XBOX Collector - Helps keep track of your collection.

Nintendo: http://dfbgaming.com/MattMan/Nintendo/home.html
Sega: http://www.dfbgaming.com/MattMan/Sega/home.html
XBOX: http://www.dfbgaming.com/MattMan/XBOX/home.html

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:46:56 PM
dewisp02 (78)
(Mr. Jason) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana
Awesome pictures and stories guys! Keep them coming!!

WANTED NES: BoxBomberman II, Bubble Bobble 2, Chubby Cherub, Color A Dinosaur, Pro Sport Hockey, Volleyball
                      Manual- Dragon Fighter, Jetson's, Operation Secret Storm, SCAT, Stack Up, Stinger, Sword Master
                      Manual and Box- Arkanoid, Jimmy Connor's Tennis, Little Ninja Brothers, Mickey in Numberland, Sqoon

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:14:32 PM
Ghosty (0)
(Rebekah Golden) < Tourian Tourist >
Florida
I posted the info and photos of the kiosk I was able to get but I don't see my info in the chart of other users? did I get the info wrong or was it just an oversight?

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:14:05 AM
dewisp02 (78)
(Mr. Jason) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Ghosty

I posted the info and photos of the kiosk I was able to get but I don't see my info in the chart of other users? did I get the info wrong or was it just an oversight?
Just an oversight. Sorry about that.. Getting it added now.

WANTED NES: BoxBomberman II, Bubble Bobble 2, Chubby Cherub, Color A Dinosaur, Pro Sport Hockey, Volleyball
                      Manual- Dragon Fighter, Jetson's, Operation Secret Storm, SCAT, Stack Up, Stinger, Sword Master
                      Manual and Box- Arkanoid, Jimmy Connor's Tennis, Little Ninja Brothers, Mickey in Numberland, Sqoon

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:40:07 AM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
Michigan
Hey all, I found a near-perfect replacement lock. It is the perfect dimentsions and will fit the original latch. I think its meant for a soda machine as you can turn the lock counter-clockwise infinately, but not clockwise. It worked well in my setup and looks very similar to the orignial except its meant for a completely different key type. 

Also, I just did a short video showing off the my kiosk with the work that I did for my audio. I apologize for the lack of commentary and, well improper video taking. I'm not very good at this kind of stuff but it shows off what I did in its finalized state.

Link to the video I did: 

Link to the lock I used: http://www.ebay.com/itm/112051431...

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:46:25 AM
Ghosty (0)
(Rebekah Golden) < Tourian Tourist >
Florida
Originally posted by: dewisp02

Originally posted by: Ghosty

Just an oversight. Sorry about that.. Getting it added now.

No worries, thanks.

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:07:14 PM
kyliemale (4)
< Little Mac >
Illinois
The store I got mine from was pretty thorough in their demolition of the unit, but I snagged all of the pieces and basically have the majority of what I need. I've started the process of restoring it and need a little help however. Does any one have a picture of the particle board removed from the unit? I think I have the general idea of how it was assembled. They broke all of the 4" and 2" strips into pieces. I bought a new piece of particle board and have a table saw but just need to make sure I am restoring it properly. Also, I was wondering if anybody has found a place to get the LED light strips and/or the wire and connectors for them? I have a lot of the lights themselves and the Lynx box but that's it. Looking forward to sharing the finished unit on here, thanks everybody.

ISO Short List:
Nintendo Power issues: None :D I caught em' all!

I'm also interested in trading/buying Official Nintendo Power Player's Guides

Feb 17, 2017 at 9:33:09 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
I have two but one has no serial number and is missing a bunch of stuff. Also I gave it to shipwrecked/ Charlie Brown so if you could list a kiosk under his name for this please and thank you.
My serial # is 1040. I have the key, the Monitor, bezal, Subwoofer, Wii U sign, all internal wiring, Wrench, two demo discs, 3 sd cards, the only papers I have are of how to update the system

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...