Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The inspiration source of NEW NESGAME StarKeeper about StarKeeper

May 3, 2014 at 10:38:25 AM
zxdplay (21)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Other
This article is translated by translation company, if there is any unclear, please understanding.

Hello everybody, I would like to thank you for your attention and support for StarKeeper, because my English is very poor, so I can not reply to the posts sent by the players on time, and I apologize for that.
I would like to clarify one thing, I recently found a lot of reviews and reports about StarKeeper on the Internet. and it mentioned one thing, that are many people think that the inspiration of this game is from a video game called Jetpac. Actually, during the whole development process, I have no idea of Jetpac`s existence at all. Actually, when I saw the video of this game on youtube, I don`t even know which platform this game runs based on. As a matter of fact, the real inspiration of StarKeeper is the classic game called “Balloon Fight” on the FC/NES, I used to play this game when I was a child,and I always have an idea, how excited the design would be if a bullet can be launched to attack the enemy. But even the Ballon Fight, I refer to its control methods only, and I came up with all the rest, including the flying house and stars collecting system.
The development of StarKeeper remain underway, I have already finished the software part, now I am working on the cassette shell and PCB circuit board. The game launch will begin on May if everything goes well.
Thank you

-------------------------
~~~~~~  苦海无边,回头是岸 ~~~~~~

Edited: 05/04/2014 at 12:01 AM by zxdplay

May 3, 2014 at 11:13:57 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
The same thing happened when I made my game, Study Hall. Everyone said it was inspired by Donkey Kong Jr, but I had never played it. It's funny how that works.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

May 3, 2014 at 9:23:18 PM
Duke.Togo (114)
(Christopher Cantrell) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
I can understand that there is a language barrier, but thanks for sharing information here. The game looks great, and I am looking forward to the release.

May 3, 2014 at 10:02:23 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
You know I can see what he's saying watching that video of the game. It does have that floating motion effect the old NES/FC title has while moving around, but then all those extras he threw in to really make an original title. I never once thought of jetpac and I know that game.

May 3, 2014 at 10:45:32 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Even if the details are not 100% correct, the only thing that matters is that it is getting coverage.

Will you be using donor games or new parts to build your game cartridges?

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

May 4, 2014 at 12:00:25 AM
zxdplay (21)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Other
Originally posted by: Mega Mario Man

Even if the details are not 100% correct, the only thing that matters is that it is getting coverage.

the first batch of cartridgeall parts are new  except CIC chip

~~~~~~  苦海无边,回头是岸 ~~~~~~

May 4, 2014 at 1:16:28 AM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: zxdplay

Originally posted by: Mega Mario Man

the first batch of cartridgeall parts are new  except CIC chip

Awesome! Can't wait! As stated in the other thread, game looks fantastic.

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

May 4, 2014 at 8:07:57 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
I had the same thing happen to me last winter. Thought of what I believed to be a novel concept, worked on it for quite some time, and then at some point realized that not only had I more or less copied another game, I had done so for the most famous game in the genre . One day I'll finish it regardless, simply because I know that it was original to me.

Can't wait for the release of Star Keeper. Have you decided on how you are going to sell it? It might be a good idea to sell it through several places, such as here, eBay, or wherever. I know many folks here would take a copy today. It is a fantastic looking game!

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

May 4, 2014 at 8:25:57 AM
zxdplay (21)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Other
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

I had the same thing happen to me last winter. Thought of what I believed to be a novel concept, worked on it for quite some time, and then at some point realized that not only had I more or less copied another game, I had done so for the most famous game in the genre . One day I'll finish it regardless, simply because I know that it was original to me.

Can't wait for the release of Star Keeper. Have you decided on how you are going to sell it? It might be a good idea to sell it through several places, such as here, eBay, or wherever. I know many folks here would take a copy today. It is a fantastic looking game!

I will sell it on Ebay

~~~~~~  苦海无边,回头是岸 ~~~~~~

May 4, 2014 at 8:38:23 AM
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan

I will sell it on Ebay

A stock of "but it nows" (BINs), or will it be individual copies auctioned off to the highest bidder? Also, will it be cart only, or the full cart/manual/box combination?

SoleGooseProductions.com

May 4, 2014 at 8:50:11 AM
zxdplay (21)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Other

I will sell it on Ebay

A stock of "but it nows" (BINs), or will it be individual copies auctioned off to the highest bidder? Also, will it be cart only, or the full cart/manual/box combination?

prices are fixed, it will be CIB

~~~~~~  苦海无边,回头是岸 ~~~~~~

May 4, 2014 at 8:55:50 AM
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan

I will sell it on Ebay

prices are fixed, it will be CIB

A true gentleman! Cannot wait for this

SoleGooseProductions.com

May 4, 2014 at 9:08:54 AM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Fantastic! Please keep us updated Lots of homebrew supports are on this website.

May 4, 2014 at 10:01:01 AM
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Out of curiosity, does anyone know anybody on the forum that can read/translate Chinese. I hate to think that zxdplay is having to pay someone to translate all of our random thoughts and enthusiasm for his project. Unless, of course, you are using a free service.

SoleGooseProductions.com

May 4, 2014 at 11:44:06 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

Out of curiosity, does anyone know anybody on the forum that can read/translate Chinese. I hate to think that zxdplay is having to pay someone to translate all of our random thoughts and enthusiasm for his project. Unless, of course, you are using a free service.

My brother in law has sufficent fluency to translate his own academic papers into Chinese, so if they want to contact me about possible improvements to their translation, I would be happy,to help.

May 4, 2014 at 4:05:46 PM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < King Solomon >
Virginia
Very cool man, thanks for keeping us updated! I'll be following this project and looking forward to purchasing