Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2017 Weekly Contests Presents: Ice Hockey Contest ends Sunday, 3/5/17 at 11 PM NA time

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:27:03 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
Hello everyone and welcome to the latest installment of the Weekly Contests!  This week's game takes us all the way down to center ice for an intense game of ice hockey against those idiotic, pea-brained, low-IQ'ed, dummyhead morons that make up Team Abobo!  Oh damn, I totally forgot to introduce myself.  I'm the legendary ice hockey player Bimmy Gretzky and me and my team of all-stars have been challenged to a good old hockey game by the Abobos.  In case you haven't been following along or are new to the game, the feud between Team Bimmy and Team Abobo runs deep.  We clobbered those idiots at basketball, but then they HUMILIATED us at baseball (hey, my team stunk and the Abobos CHEATED).  Naturally, we got our revenge at golf and beat the crap out of those guys...even though they buried me in a sand trap and farted in my face...  Anyway, the score is 2-1 in favor of Team Bimmy and I think we have the skills to top Team Abobo once again.  I've built my team around some of the best hockey players to ever bury the puck in the net.  First off, I have the legendary Rowper “The Rocket” Richard on the right wing and man can this guy score!  What...no, not score with women!  Shoot the puck in the net!  Geez!  I'm talking hockey here.  Anyway, I have a stud defenseman who is going to defect to our team and really give us some skill in the defensive end!  That's right, our team has recruited one of the Abobos!  We have landed the ever-coveted Abore Orr!  This guy is so good that he should be playing offense, but he prefers to play the backend!  Hey, whatever floats his boat I guess.  The backend is definitely an exit only to me!  I was also able to recruit Ranzou Robitaille to my team.  Talk about a left winger who can really bury the puck before overtime is set to begin.  I even got the likes of Chin Yzerman to play with us against the Abobos.  Sure, his name may be hard to pronounce and he may have been taking a whizz when I called him up to draft him to my team, but I tell ya, he is a proven leader and will help us beat these dummyheads for a second straight time.  I guarantee it more than Mark Messier guaranteeing a win in the 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs!  I've even secured my younger cousin, Connor McBimmy, to play on our team.  He's the next great up-and-coming hockey star and you better believe you'll be hearing his name for years to come.  With a name like Bimmy, he has to be good!  Am I right or AM I RIGHT!!  Anyway, and last, but not least, I can't forget my all-star goalie, the one, the only, Williams Roy.  Sure, he may be a crybaby and a hothead, but he sure knows how to win.

Of course, the Abobos had to copy my idea of an all-star team and created one of their own.  Bunch of stupid copycats!  First of all, they have Bolo Brodeur in goal and man that guy is a brick wall!  I mean, geez, anyone would be a brick wall if they took steroids like this guy!  He eats them like they are candy or something.  They also have the legendary Burnov “Boom Boom” Geoffrion, and let me tell you, that guy can slap the puck...really hard!  Like harder than when I can't control myself and I slap Marian on the butt and she gets really mad at me because the force caused her to spill coffee all over her brand new dress and she complains that it's ruined and then I have to sleep on the couch for a week and get my Nintendo taken away and...oh, sorry.  I seem to be getting sidetracked.  They also have Jawbreaker Jagr playing for them, and like the other Abobos, he's a 'roid monkey too!  But that mullet he sports is so...dreamy!  And of course, it wouldn't be a Bimmy vs. Abobo match-up without the likes of Bo Abobo.  For this game he is playing defense and, get this, he is calling himself Bo Abo-Bourque and claims to be the best defenseman in the world!  Psssh, more like Bo Abo-DORK!  Oh, and you wouldn't believe what these guys are calling their team!  They're calling themselves the Broad Street Bullies because they think they're going to bully us around on the ice and get revenge for their golf loss.  Broad Street Bullies...more like Broad Street BUTTHEADS!  I'm not worried about these guys getting revenge at all.  First of all, they don't even know how to spell it correctly.  They think it's spelled “RUHVENJ.”  Secondly, they've taken so many steroids that their brains have been shrunk to a size smaller than a hockey puck and they'll be lucky if they even know how to hold a hockey stick.  And lastly, they sent me some threatening letter saying that if my team won, they would hurt Marian...or worse.  Let me tell you, there's NO way they will ever hurt Marian.  She can be one mean, tough, and vindictive bitch!  I dare you, I just dare one of you to try to change the channel when she is trying to watch Jersey Shore.  I tried doing it once and she twisted my arm behind my back so hard I screamed like a girl...I mean, I took it like a champ.  Look, just because I cried “uncle” doesn't mean I'm a pussy or anything...no matter what Marian might tell you.  Anyway, it's time to throw on our sweaters (yes, they're called sweaters and NOT jerseys in hockey), lace up our ice skates, tape up our stick blades, throw on our helmets, and take to the ice for a good old game of Ice Hockey.  Here are the rules (not like the Abobos will follow them anyway):

• 1 player only
  • Choose USA as your team and Canada as the CPU team
  • Play on Speed 1, Time 7
  • Choose whichever size players you want
  • Play a whole game and at the end, take a picture of the score
  • Your score will be the differential between your score and the computer’s score
  • In the event of a tie, whoever has scored more goals breaks the tie (ex. Two people tie with 5.  One person has scored 10 goals, while the other one has scored 15 goals.  The 15 goal scorer takes precedence).
  • Greatest differential between goals for (goals you scored) and goals against (goals you allowed) wins.  A positive score takes preference over a negative score (ex. A differential of 10 takes precedence over a score of -20.  Purposely losing to the computer by 20 goals does not give you a better differential than a person who beats the computer by 10 goals.  Positive scores take precedence over negative scores regardless of differential).
  • Ex: USA 10 Canada 5 = score of 5
  • Ex: USA 5 Canada 10 = score of -5
  • Participation: Play an entire game
  • GENRE: Sports

The contest ends Sunday, 3/5/17 at 11 PM NA time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun  

-------------------------

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 03/05/2017 at 03:03 PM by bimmy_lee

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:27:16 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
Weekly Leaderboard header
1st 72 Gloves
2nd 62 tablew/chairs
3rd 61 SwiftFrost
4th 40 Richardhead
5th 38 Seppatoni
T-6th 37 gutsman004
T-6th 37 kamakaze_ekun
8th 30 smick
  30 Philosoraptor
  30 bertsampson
  29 NESking80
  28 TadsNads
  22 SuperJimtendo
  22 knightriderce
  22 skinnygrinny
  21 ninjistar
  12 arnpoly
  10 mbd39
  10 Fluffy
  8 Bastardsnow
  7 zobber
  7 barrelsAndRivets
  7 Murray
  7 Commander Santa
  6 bluzebrother11
  6 dirk12121212
  5 Krunch
  4 Brock Landers
  2 AppleTractorBeam
  -1 Mega Tank
  -1 the tall guy
  -4 Stryphos
not last -24 JerToxieRules
LAST -134 Bea_Iank

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Edited: 03/06/2017 at 10:33 AM by NintendoAge Moderator

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:28:37 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Score: 72 (74-2)

Edited: 03/05/2017 at 11:44 AM by Gloves

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:35:01 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:35:17 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
Originally posted by: Gloves

Regardez moi, papa! Wait I have to be USA vs Canada!?

Hehehe, yes    You Canadians are going to have to turn traitor to your country this week  

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:37:42 PM
Fluffy (11)
(Fluffy is asleep) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Lots of things to read real quick

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:41:08 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Score:  23-1 (+22)
9-6 (+3) 
Toxie and gloves have an unfair advantage. Canadians are naturally good at hockey in every form. 

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Edited: 03/05/2017 at 11:09 AM by SuperJimtendo

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:57:17 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
-1 (4-5)

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Edited: 03/05/2017 at 08:41 PM by Mega Tank

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:59:15 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Score saver.

This is an unfair week. Canadians obviously have the advantage.  

Yeah but it evens out when we play Tecmo Super Bowl.

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:05:53 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

37 (37-0)

Edited: 02/27/2017 at 01:53 AM by gutsman004

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:08:41 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
... WTF? I have to play as USA? And against Canada?
That is not right!

Now I think I will lose by the biggest margin I can!  

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Edited: 02/26/2017 at 03:12 PM by Bea_Iank

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:15:09 PM
Seppatoni (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Switzerland
Yay, great contest with one of the greatest sport games ever made.
Hope I get some time to play a few matches within the next days before Switch arrives.

38 (40-2)
27 (27-0)

> Seppatoni's Zockerstübchen

Edited: 02/28/2017 at 01:34 PM by Seppatoni

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:17:28 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Where's BriGuy at? His 70 goal score from last time might hold up as long as bertsampson doesn't drop 75 on us both again.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:18:51 PM
PlayYing (70)

(Sheldon ) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Score saver.

This is an unfair week. Canadians obviously have the advantage.  

I beg to differ, haven't you see the mighty ducks? USA has got heart!

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:19:25 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

Where's BriGuy at? His 70 goal score from last time might hold up as long as bertsampson doesn't drop 75 on us both again.

He's secretly planning to drop a last second 180k Marble Madness score.

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:20:55 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
This is bullshit, you did USA vs Canada last year. At least be realistic and have Canada clobber the Americans.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:22:18 PM
zobber (2)
(Ryan ) < Crack Trooper >
Michigan
7(10-3)

21 26 22 30 33 40 Zelda

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:27:47 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: gutsman004

Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

He's secretly planning to drop a last second 180k Marble Madness score.

He's probably still celebrating beating me at Track and Field. That was almost as bad as the time Shane beat me at Ninja Gaiden.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:30:19 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Scoring own goals in this game is tough.
But I am aiming to 0-50 for a -50 score by the end of the week, at the very minimum!
I will do my best to lose by the largest margin possible.  

Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:36:15 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Alright. I think I have the hang of the game now. Time to score better than 3 lol.

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:38:16 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

But I am aiming to 0-50 for a -50 score by the end of the week, at the very minimum!

Too bad Brazil isn't in the game. The are such a hockey power house! However their soccer teams suck.  

Edited: 02/26/2017 at 03:38 PM by gutsman004

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:44:55 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
Originally posted by: empire

This is bullshit, you did USA vs Canada last year. At least be realistic and have Canada clobber the Americans.

Never!      

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:48:25 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: SuperJimtendo

Toxie and gloves have an unfair advantage. Canadians are naturally goodv at hockey in every form.
It's okay.  I once saw part of Sudden Death with Van Damne in a bar.  The sound wasn't on but I think I got the gist it.  It's like all those other Commie sports where you try to get the ball into some sort of large end... bag

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:50:32 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Originally posted by: gutsman004

Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

Too bad Brazil isn't in the game. The are such a hockey power house! However their soccer teams suck.  

Germany 7 x 1 Brazil at the 2014 World Cup Semi Finals, playing at home.
Yeah, our football team sucks. I drank a LOT of beer that day to celebrate.  

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:53:19 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Originally posted by: SuperJimtendo

Toxie and gloves have an unfair advantage. Canadians are naturally goodv at hockey in every form.
It's okay.  I once saw part of Sudden Death with Van Damne in a bar.  The sound wasn't on but I think I got the gist it.  It's like all those other Commie sports where you try to get the ball into some sort of large end... bag

Colorado has an 8 time Australian rules football championship team so I think I at least have a basic understanding, perhaps

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios