Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zelda 4-in1 Multicart Anyone Ever Heard of This?

Sep 11, 2013 at 8:20:20 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
The title says it all. I am not usually interested in this type of thing but it caught my eye: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NES-T.... I'd be interested to know what hardware is being used, perhaps they will say once their store opens in a few days? Anyways, just thought I'd share something neat.

-------------------------
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Sep 11, 2013 at 8:23:25 PM
removed04092017 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Bowser >
Other
Probably just an oversized 1MB MMC1 PCB with the upper bits selected by the CHR, since zelda probably never writes them except 1 time. And 4 hacks, obviously. Probably wouldn't be too much work to modify my existing multicart menu to work with it, it already supports 1MB ROM's IIRC. I had one around somewhere from what I remember, heh.

Sep 11, 2013 at 8:40:30 PM
Weston_Uchiha (5)
(Weston Uchiha) < Crack Trooper >
Colorado
Originally posted by: 3GenGames

Probably just an oversized 1MB MMC1 PCB with the upper bits selected by the CHR, since zelda probably never writes them except 1 time. And 4 hacks, obviously. Probably wouldn't be too much work to modify my existing multicart menu to work with it, it already supports 1MB ROM's IIRC. I had one around somewhere from what I remember, heh.

Oh is that all, thats so simple. *sarcasm*

You must me goood at this kind of stuff. =P

Ever wanted a custom painted controller or console?
Come check me out at Facebook.com/RocketCustoms

Sep 11, 2013 at 8:52:49 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
That seller has had some really cool repros lately iirc

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:05:18 PM
removed04092017 (0)
< Bowser >
Other
Also, just read the description. He added a ROM with all the games on it, and a clock circuit to a counter and reset toggles it. Why you can only save 3 games, I have no idea, probably just a broken repro. But no menu on it. But it could be done, and it could save all 4 games if wanted too.

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:46:40 PM
EoTN (9)
(Eskimo Of The Night) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
That is one of the cooler repros I've seen on Ebay. Thanks for sharing this, I really love unique Zelda items.

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:51:36 PM
Chilant (51)
< Crack Trooper >
United States
Bought from this seller before, the quality/reliability is not so hot. Two out of 3 games don't fire up anymore.

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:53:26 PM
SnoopKatt (16)
(Anthony B) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: 3GenGames

Also, just read the description. He added a ROM with all the games on it, and a clock circuit to a counter and reset toggles it. Why you can only save 3 games, I have no idea, probably just a broken repro. But no menu on it. But it could be done, and it could save all 4 games if wanted too.

There's 3 saves in LoZ, and chances are that all 4 read from the same SRAM, so one save for each game for a max of 3 is my guess.

Sep 11, 2013 at 11:15:29 PM
removed04092017 (0)
< Bowser >
Other
Ah....still, tie the clock used and sub in a 62256 RAM and it will be able to save all 4 games separate. Or just modify my multicart ROM and have it all in one. Might make it that way if I ever work on the menu again.

Edited: 09/11/2013 at 11:17 PM by removed04092017

Sep 11, 2013 at 11:16:19 PM
sully_51 (41)
(Dave Sullivan) < Meka Chicken >
Iowa
It bothers me when someone makes a cart of a repro/hack and calls it a "RARE NES GAME!!!1!".

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:34:06 AM
EoTN (9)
(Eskimo Of The Night) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Originally posted by: sully_51

It bothers me when someone makes a cart of a repro/hack and calls it a "RARE NES GAME!!!1!".
What bothers me even more is the insane buy it now prices are on said carts.

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:41:39 AM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
sounds like a fun project.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:46:12 AM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
He might be a member here since he's using one of my labels. It's modified a bit, but still has my initials on it (NES-BDL-USA-- BDL is for BouncekDeLemos)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sweet-Hom...

I seriously think it's cool when people use the work I post up here.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:33:28 AM
thankyouforfu (17)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
I've actually purchased from this guy in the past. He's a bit pricey, but he's got some of the most unique repros I've ever found... and I've looked around a lot. Good person to do business with. In all reality, the cart would be a fraction of the price if ebayers didn't bid it up so damn high.

Thank you, Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Sep 12, 2013 at 9:34:22 AM
Sneak (37)

(Ryan K) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
Neat idea. I could see there being a market for these, as with so many different Zelda hacks out there, which one do you choose. With something like this, you don't have to decide.

....If it works properly of course!

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:20:43 AM
Faltain1 (112)
(~Faltain~ ) < King Solomon >
United States
Why bid at all when you could probably contact him and buy a copy for a fraction of the price it sells for? If he made one he can make more you guys know.

To-do manuals: Arabian Knights, Gulliver Boy, Dark Law, Brandish 2, Flying Hero
Finished manuals: Neugier, Wonder Project J, Burning Heroes, Star Ocean, FEDA, Monstania, Chaos Seed

Sep 14, 2013 at 8:24:08 AM
FancyPantsGamer (19)
(Dave ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Maryland
eBay shuts down my auctions of legit, sealed CiB games because they 'are counterfeit items being sold as real' and this guy is selling a RARE earthbound cart...

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:08:28 AM
Rengozu (54)
(Jeff Smith) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

He might be a member here since he's using one of my labels. It's modified a bit, but still has my initials on it (NES-BDL-USA-- BDL is for BouncekDeLemos)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sweet-Home-For-NES-VERY-RARE-Br...

I seriously think it's cool when people use the work I post up here.

Now that's funny

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:08:48 AM
Mbumstead (2)

< Cherub >
Hello there ,

I help this guy make his games. I want to comment on a few posts here.

- to the member who is having problems with his games , I have messaged you to please return them for replacements. We typically don't have any issues at all as we use very few donor boards and pretty soon will be using none. All new boards inside all new carts. I want to know if there is ever any problems that we can resolve. Thanks

- the sweet home label wasnt taken from here but I'm glad to know who made it so I can thank him and ask if we owe him anything. That label is really hard to make. There is very little "good" graphics available for that game. And when my buddy found that one I was stoked. Looks so much better than the last one we had. So , " THANKS " PM me please I we owe you for it.

I'm typically a board lurker. You all have Done so many great things here. I am very fortunate to have the pleasure of workin with a few of you on current Flashback projects.

We go out of our way to try and have games that no one else is doing. , of course there is always some overlapping of games that other people put out as well but we try to keep that to a minimum. There are some AWESOME things in store this year coming out from Flashback. So keep your eye out.

Also , Flashback is not just a gaming site. Though , when the site opens this week it will only have games in it , there will be sections added very soon that will feature vintage action figures and reproduction cardbacks and boxes and another section for comic books. There will be over 70,000 comics in inventory. So you can imagine how long that takes to enter into inventory. The site wil be pretty bare when it goes up. But will be having stock added consistently every week.

Thanks for letting me rant. And thank you guys for all of the great ideas over the past few months.

We are actively searching for designers for box art , labels and manuals. New have a few people helping but could use alot more help. We have over 200 games in the inventory but only artwork for about 50. Tons of fun!!!

Also , what do you guys think about the multi cart ? I would love to add a menu. Maybe you can help me do it.

Thanks again ,

Marc v

Edited: 09/15/2013 at 04:18 AM by Mbumstead

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:57:47 AM
Mbumstead (2)

< Cherub >
The idea behind the multi cart was for people who just want to play the games. Not collect them as some people do. For the people who just want to play them then this is perfect for them. We have this zelda cart , a metroid cart with 8 games on it and about 6 carts that have 4 to 6 misc. games on each if them. Saves the player time and alot of money.

Marc

Sep 15, 2013 at 5:01:34 AM
Mbumstead (2)

< Cherub >
Also , the zelda cart saves all 4 games. The problem is that it had no menu. So you have to use the 3 save slots available on the game. That's why it says it will only save 3 games at a time. Not that one of them doesn't work. They all work. You can choose which 3 you want to save.

Marc

Sep 15, 2013 at 7:51:46 AM
removed04092017 (0)
< Bowser >
Other
Originally posted by: Mbumstead

I would love to add a menu. Maybe you can help me do it.
If you send me the ROMS, whenever I get back to finishing my MMC1 Multicart menu, I could add this game to it. Only problem is we might need extra hardware to make the boot state reliable, as with MMC1B2 I'm not sure if CHR lines boot properly, I don't believe they do.

Sep 15, 2013 at 7:57:57 AM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
So you should makes these carts available here on NA, prior to launching your website. I'm sure with a reasonable set price that many members would nab it up.

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Sep 15, 2013 at 9:00:47 AM
Mbumstead (2)

< Cherub >
They are available to anyone. I didn't want to come here and start posting games for sale and piss off sellers that are on here already. That was my reasoning for not doing it.

PM me if you want one and we can discuss pricing then.

Marc.

Sep 15, 2013 at 4:01:44 PM
Mbumstead (2)

< Cherub >
I wanted to mention too that the zelda multi cart also comes with a COA. Just to personalize it.