Hey guys!
This weeks game is Kung Fu!!!
Good Luck

Rules!:

Kung Fu

• 1 life only
  • Play on 1 Player Mode B
  • Participation: 10,000

Take a picture with your name in the picture! YOUR NAME MUST BE IN THE PICTURE OR YOUR SCORE WONT COUNT!

Good luck playing on Mode B MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

-------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/nesruler22...

Edited: 09/20/2010 at 07:14 PM by nesruler22

Sep 20, 2010 at 12:14:50 AM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
heck yeah kung fu! i'm gonna go play right now!

edit: made it around once. stupid snakes got me.

goddamn midgets.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Edited: 09/25/2010 at 09:50 PM by Lincoln

Sep 20, 2010 at 1:20:48 AM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
I don't remember ModeB at all, I got to check my game or the book I have and see what's up.

Sep 20, 2010 at 1:26:49 AM
Lincoln (138)
California
Originally posted by: Tanooki

I don't remember ModeB at all, I got to check my game or the book I have and see what's up.

it's harder by way of enemy numbers and placement.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Sep 20, 2010 at 1:29:50 AM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
Ahh I get ya, got to be quicker on your feet type thing.

Sep 20, 2010 at 11:05:47 AM
Polonius (17)
(Pete B) < El Ripper >
Alberta

Hooray! A game I have again!

Edit: Sheesh, that's tough.

Edited: 09/25/2010 at 01:14 PM by Polonius

Sep 20, 2010 at 11:10:28 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
Originally posted by: Polonius

Hooray! A game I have again!

This. Ten times this.
I'll try to post my first score tonight.

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:04:29 PM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < King Solomon >
Virginia
Not sure what mode b is, but I'll definitely pop ol' Kung Fu in tonight.
Good luck to everyone on the contest this week

Sep 20, 2010 at 5:45:38 PM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
Oh damnit I wasn't reading I thought it was all lives...I cleared 202k, so much for that image. I don't have access to my laptop so I just blindly played it a few times on my break. I know I can clear 100k easily enough on a life. The problem comes in for me with the big guy at the end of 3 often enough, if not I totally forgot how to grease the magician as he just stuns you in place whether you take his head off(bad) or not.

ModeB seems to me like after you roll the building over to like the third time around difficulty wise with the amount of bodies coming at you and given damage.  Going back to it right now.

This should be good for starters, I'll see how it goes and try later if I need to.  That big idiot at the end of that stage is giving me a migraine as it's damn near luck guessing if he'll kick or not (if he does you're done at least on this mode.)  Not bad for someone who hasn't touched it in at least 10-15 years.   Why my dude is missing is my camera is slow so I paused it when knifey guy jacked me as I was hitting punch.

Edited: 09/20/2010 at 06:22 PM by Tanooki

Sep 20, 2010 at 6:55:50 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan

Oh damnit I wasn't reading I thought it was all lives...I cleared 202k, so much for that image. I don't have access to my laptop so I just blindly played it a few times on my break. I know I can clear 100k easily enough on a life. The problem comes in for me with the big guy at the end of 3 often enough, if not I totally forgot how to grease the magician as he just stuns you in place whether you take his head off(bad) or not.

ModeB seems to me like after you roll the building over to like the third time around difficulty wise with the amount of bodies coming at you and given damage.  Going back to it right now.

This should be good for starters, I'll see how it goes and try later if I need to.  That big idiot at the end of that stage is giving me a migraine as it's damn near luck guessing if he'll kick or not (if he does you're done at least on this mode.)  Not bad for someone who hasn't touched it in at least 10-15 years.   Why my dude is missing is my camera is slow so I paused it when knifey guy jacked me as I was hitting punch.

Tanooki, I'm sorry to say this, but this score cannot be accepted.  Your user name MUST be included in the photo of your score.  Any pictures submitted without a user name are invalid.  Please refer to the contest rules regarding submitting scores:

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:45:57 PM
SasoriVader (58)
(Shatter Hand) < El Ripper >
Philippines
It's really easy to tell if someone stole a photo, just check on Tineye.com... but rules are rules I guess.

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:52:15 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Originally posted by: nightstar6999

It's really easy to tell if someone stole a photo, just check on Tineye.com... but rules are rules I guess.

We just want to make it simple for everybody, and you will probably agree with me that including a username in the picture is not hard or annoying.

Sep 20, 2010 at 8:39:29 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil

Let's start with a low score. It has been a while since I last played this one.
Perhaps we can bring it to the same competition level that we had at Legend of Kage, Guillavoie.

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Edited: 09/22/2010 at 10:13 PM by Bea_Iank

Sep 20, 2010 at 11:21:26 PM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
That's crap... I probably won't resubmit as that wasn't that easy to get it.

With that image I can still prove I did it if that'll work.  There are certain things in that picture I can take a second picture of pulled back a bit to show you it was me.  You can see a gray swirly plastic thing middle/top of that tv which is my little am/fm radio, and the gray knots to the left are my stuffed steamboat willie mickey plush.  The dead give away is right of the tv, that white arm you can see.  That's a porcelain figure of my wife and I from our wedding almost 3 years ago.

Would it suffice?

Edited: 09/20/2010 at 11:23 PM by Tanooki

Sep 20, 2010 at 11:33:53 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec

With that image I can still prove I did it if that'll work.  There are certain things in that picture I can take a second picture of pulled back a bit to show you it was me.  You can see a gray swirly plastic thing middle/top of that tv which is my little am/fm radio, and the gray knots to the left are my stuffed steamboat willie mickey plush.  The dead give away is right of the tv, that white arm you can see.  That's a porcelain figure of my wife and I from our wedding almost 3 years ago.

Would it suffice?

Your suggestion makes a lot of sense, but in the other hand, would it be that painful to replay that wonderful game and try to get a better score out of it

Sep 20, 2010 at 11:36:44 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan

Would it suffice?

There's nothing crap about it.  I'm sorry, but the rules state that you must show your user name in the picture with your score.  If you want to participate in the contest this week, you'll have to resubmit your score with your user name in the picture.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Sep 20, 2010 at 11:47:32 PM
cradelit (21)
(crade lit) < Bowser >
Alberta
Edit: nev mind, I got the rules wrong and was being dumb as usual

GRRR!

Edited: 09/20/2010 at 11:50 PM by cradelit

Sep 20, 2010 at 11:47:44 PM
cradelit (21)
(crade lit) < Bowser >
Alberta
 Edit: lol, sorry I got the rules wrong!

GRRR!

Edited: 09/20/2010 at 11:50 PM by cradelit

Sep 21, 2010 at 12:01:46 AM
Lincoln (138)
California

Would it suffice?

hey man, nobody's out to give you a hard time. this is one of like 3 rules for the contests just to keep things straight for everyone. plus you get a whole week to get a better score

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:17:24 AM
Lincoln (138)
California
how are we going to deal with rolling the score? first one to do it wins? or is there a way to keep track?

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:24:36 AM
cradelit (21)
(crade lit) < Bowser >
Alberta

I love the randomness in this game.  I'm pretty sure I'm getting worse at it as I get more practice

GRRR!

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:26:34 AM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec
Originally posted by: Lincoln

how are we going to deal with rolling the score? first one to do it wins? or is there a way to keep track?

Well, we'll think about it when it's done

I'm not sure, but I think it would be hard to keep track of rolled scores in this game, maybe a 'first one to do it wins' could be fine.

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:30:46 AM
cradelit (21)
(crade lit) < Bowser >
Alberta
What does the dragon mean?

GRRR!

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:43:28 AM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
I can prove I took the shot but redoing the same pic of the tv pulled out showing more of the area with my name on it, and that can't be faked. Sheesh. Lincoln I get what you're saying, but even with a fair solution that does solve the problem irrefutably being shot down is to me entirely a hard time.

I had more post here but I was pretty pissed off, and one thing is a fair certainty to me, if you piss me off and I get angry my skills improve with a bit of rage.  Take this... the magician stood there and didn't whack me when he could with a downward snake, and the big guy on 3 punched when he shoulda kicked twice.  Mr X nailed me, another hit or 2 it would have been rolled.  Honestly the problem is X is fair, 3 and 4 are random if they just drop you or not.  1, 2, and even X are easy if you can time it right is all, can only imagine who will get the best score on this in 1 life if luck holds well.

As you can see again, same tv, same figure to the right but more of it, also to the left in yellow my one of a kind prototype 1950s portable baseball game my grandpa invented (there was a home version licensed to the LA Dodgers too.

Edited: 09/21/2010 at 02:23 AM by Tanooki

Sep 21, 2010 at 3:05:23 AM
SasoriVader (58)
(Shatter Hand) < El Ripper >
Philippines
Originally posted by: cradelit

What does the dragon mean?

Every time you play the game through, the number next to the dragon goes up, then it restarts.

Also, good score, Tanooki. ^_^

Edited: 09/21/2010 at 03:07 AM by SasoriVader