Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Persona Q Shadow OF the Labyrinth Open or not to open.

Jun 22 at 2:15:17 AM
UnRealmCorp (0)
(Ryan ) < Little Mac >
Missouri
Hey guys. Unsure if this is the right place

I just picked up a copy of Persona Q Shadow of the Labyrinth New in Box from target. Found it tucked away. They had 49.99 on it And i convinced them to price match Gamestops new price for 19.99.

As far as I know this game came out a while back and Im troubled. Should I sit on it. Like is this a game that will go up in value being NIB (includes the 11 tarot cards) Or is it safe to say the game likely wont be worth much and just tear it open and enjoy it.

Note. They have a second copy, but have a once price match per customer policy and I dont want to push it.

-------------------------
GameBoy Addiction. Constantly find everything but gameboys. Check out my finds thread maybe we can trade.

Jun 22 at 2:54:26 AM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
If it's still available new at $20 then why is it a big deal to price match that somewhere else?

In my opinion,--and I'm not an investor buyer in the video game space but I think most of the investor buyers on this site would agree with me--buy something as an investment only if you like it yourself. Speculators frequently fail, while long-term people maybe don't. This applies to video games, stock markets, real estate, comic or literature books, fine commercial or pop art, and just about every investment medium you can think of. If you like it, probably someone else does too. If you don't care about it and just want eventual profit, well we have seen crashes in many markets caused by that attitude. So buy what you genuinely like, because that is the only way to know that it actually has value.

You can buy sealed new games all day long and even pick the discounted ones from a prior generation, but picking what's gonna get hot later in that mode is just gambling. Opening (or not opening) one game is not going to change your life. Persona Q isn't gonna be another Stadium Events or TG16 title. All games are hot now. At most, you would be able to resell what you bought new retail today at $20, for ten times that, quite a few years down the line.

I have a sealed Wii U copy of BotW. Never touched, mint condition. Extremely popular and justifiably perhaps greatest ever game in greatest ever franchise, in a version under published due to unpopular platform. Would you buy it for $200? Why not?