Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Reproduction labels for SNES cartridges? Looking for a repro label for Breath of Fire II

LOCKED TOPIC

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:06:08 AM
Ariesknight31 (0)
(Alexander Keefe) < Cherub >
Washington
I'm not sure if this is the right section for a request like this but, does anyone know where I can find  reproduction labels for SNES games?  I need one for my Breath of Fire II bad...it's completely torn off and can't stand the sight of it.  Any ideas?

-------------------------
"As you think, so shall you be..."- Bruce Lee

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:08:40 AM
SNESfinder- (87)
(Stelio Kontos) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts
buy a new cart...? sell your old one...? bite the bullet...? your not looking at much more money itll cost you at least 5$ for a new label,  but you can get a BoF2 cart for a good price if you wait for an auction.

BUYING/TRADING for mint snes boxes, CIB, and sealed, commons to rares and everything inbetween. will pay retail for items I need. ebay- http://www.ebay.com/sch/are-es-t/m.html?item=120930427271&pt...

Edited: 11/16/2011 at 03:09 AM by SNESfinder-

Nov 16, 2011 at 10:03:56 AM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
check coverproject.com for one. You can also search the internet for a scan. Gamereproductions.com will print a label for $2.

I'm with SNES Finder though, cheap games you should just replace with a factory original. The cart and board can be used as a donor for a reproduction so you can use it for that and get yourself a repro.

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:31:26 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
I wish I could help more and maybe it is enough but...vladictivo I believe could help. A few months back I got a Ninja Gaiden Trilogy that was with a partially trashed label. He was able to present me with this which is a great copy: http://www.box.net/shared/yja2zrt... and in that thread there was also this link that has more like Lufia 2 and a folder with more too: http://www.box.net/shared/zh5rt4c...

I could care less what some butt hurt collector on such things would object to and I hope so in your case too. I totally sympathize with your situation. If you get all upset or worse OCD about a game looking hosed up, you don't want a ghetto ass label that says REPRO across it somewhere or over the middle of it, you want a match for your collection, so I hope this info helps out.

At the worst, maybe I can make one for you if I can get an accurate SNES label template and find a quality copy of the label art.

Nevermind found one! Link: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TKWemhD...; They also have 10 total you can see here: http://www.snes-revived.com/searc...

Edited: 11/16/2011 at 12:52 PM by Tanooki

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:11:04 AM
HocusPocus (19)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Just bite the bullet and replace the game. But if you really want to go to the effort of making a new one, make sure you laminate it with 1.7 mil laminate for it to match the orignal games. The stuff at Staples is typically 3 mil to 5 mil and will be to thick

Get ready for Pascali :)

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:16:50 AM
mtgmackid (24)
(Jeff L) < Meka Chicken >
California
Can't help you on the label replacement, but if you wind up getting a new copy, I'll gladly buy your old one I don't care about labels at all.

Edited: 11/17/2011 at 01:17 AM by mtgmackid

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:53:37 AM
Ariesknight31 (0)
Washington
Thanks for all the input guys. Where I live, Breath of Fire II is almost a $50 game for just a cartridge, so I'd rather spend a couple bucks on a new label than have to buy a whole new game...especially when I don't have that great of a job. I'll look at the links provided, though. Thanks so much for all of your help guys!

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:32:48 AM
snescentral (0)
(Evan Gowan) < Eggplant Wizard >
Japan
Originally posted by: Tanooki

I wish I could help more and maybe it is enough but...vladictivo I believe could help. A few months back I got a Ninja Gaiden Trilogy that was with a partially trashed label. He was able to present me with this which is a great copy: http://www.box.net/shared/yja2zrtey7vn1hxnigyx and in that thread there was also this link that has more like Lufia 2 and a folder with more too: http://www.box.net/shared/zh5rt4cyyt

I could care less what some butt hurt collector on such things would object to and I hope so in your case too. I totally sympathize with your situation. If you get all upset or worse OCD about a game looking hosed up, you don't want a ghetto ass label that says REPRO across it somewhere or over the middle of it, you want a match for your collection, so I hope this info helps out.

At the worst, maybe I can make one for you if I can get an accurate SNES label template and find a quality copy of the label art.

Nevermind found one! Link: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TKWemhD5dy4/TaSA2ureUgI/AAAAAAAAAi... ; They also have 10 total you can see here: http://www.snes-revived.com/search/label/Labels

Good to see you found a website that is basically posting (stealing?) all the label scans that I have on my website. I have this in a minimum 300 DPI form, plus the raw scan at 600 DPI.

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:57:39 AM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
Ahh figures it was stolen. Hope you can get it taken down then.

Personally I've been trying to find a resource for accurate SNES label scans as I'd love to peruse and grab a couple I could use but google hasn't been very helpful with that when I've tried, but I'm probably using the wrong words. A 600dpi scanned raw would be something to see, not on that one, but I got a 300 level one for Ninja Gaiden Trilogy. Problem is I still can't find a good place to get one printed up so it looks right.

By the way love your website, had no idea you were snescentral as it's a great fun resource to poke around.

Edited: 11/17/2011 at 11:59 AM by Tanooki

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:56:38 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Ariesknight31

Thanks for all the input guys. Where I live, Breath of Fire II is almost a $50 game for just a cartridge, so I'd rather spend a couple bucks on a new label than have to buy a whole new game...especially when I don't have that great of a job. I'll look at the links provided, though. Thanks so much for all of your help guys!

I bet they are $50 for a game with a nice label, because oddly enough not all of them have survived throughout the years unscathed. But hey whatever, why pay a premium for a legitimate collectible when you can just make a fake one right? 

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:17:45 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Since when is BOFII a $50 cart? It's like $25. Hell, I'll do you a favor and sell mine for $40 if you are that worried about it costing $50 to replace. Here's one for sale now much cheaper than $50:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Breath-Fi...

Yeah I'm not a fan of replacing labels either, but people will do what they want. The irony in this thread is hilarious though. "I could care less what some butt hurt collector thinks". Yeah, because replacing the label makes it play a whole lot better right? You are a "butt hurt" collector yourself, as you are letting the cosmetic condition of the cart influence your ability to enjoy it. If you're just a gamer, it shouldn't matter in the least.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 11/17/2011 at 01:17 PM by jonebone

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:24:10 PM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
I had a feeling you'd get all personal and take a shot when I saw you posted in here.

No can't say I am. The only time I'd get offended is if some collector got on their high horse and blocked me or at the least gave me crap for wanting to make something I legitimately own look less nasty. It's my game, I see no harm in it, but there's always some tool who has to drop their two cents and make an issue over it like I'm going to fix it up and then sell it to them to them like they're my chump of choice. It has nothing to do with playing better, it's a legit game that looks like got ran over some gravel or sand paper. It's not harming my ability to enjoy it, I just don't like how the label looks, game plays the same. I am a gamer, but since when does that mean I'm not entitled to have some basic standards? I felt $40 shipped was better than $70+ship over the game, so I went into it wanting to fix it up the best I could.

If it was just the black area on the label I wouldn't care, a sharpee can fix that up nicely rubbing in the ink in so it blends well.  I did that on my Lufia games and a few others with a whiting flap edge, but Ninja Gaiden is just in bad shape so if I can find a way to get a quality label printed that matches close enough I'll do it as I have the template on a SD card ready to go.

Edited: 11/17/2011 at 01:25 PM by Tanooki

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:29:57 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
Minnesota
There is the rationale that has up until now been missing from this thread.

The good ol' I just want it for my personal enjoyment, I would never dream of selling it. I knew it was coming.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:23:20 PM
Ariesknight31 (0)
Washington
I don't understand all the controversy over this.  I don't want to have to buy an entirely new game that I already own if I can just reprint a nice label for it.  I'm not reselling it for any amount of money.  I can take a picture of the cartridge for all to see if it's that big of a deal.  There is no label left...just left over sticky junk and pieces of what once was a label sticker.  Without the label for it, it just looks like a scab and I don't want that, as I have pride in my collection and want it to look nice. 

As for the disbelief in cost, Breath of Fire II is most definitely a $45-$50 game up here in Washington.  Any of the collectible stores in the area are selling it for at least that much, if not more.  I'm not here to make controversy over something so little as wanting  to spend a couple of dollars on a label for a game that has none.  I'm regretting posting this already...

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:31:35 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

As for the disbelief in cost, Breath of Fire II is most definitely a $45-$50 game up here in Washington. 

If you believe that, then buy the copy I listed at $25:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Breath-Fi...=

And sell it locally for $40?  Seems like a win-win to me. 

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:48:20 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
A lot of anger in this thread.

Still, I'm on the fence on this topic. On the perfectionists hand I would be very sad to have this game in my collection if it were in bad condition (especially no label!) but on the honesty hand, I would be even more sad if I purchased a cartridge with a non-authentic label.

If it's for minor-OCD issues, then I say it's okay...as long as you put somewhere "Reproduction Label" maybe even in faint text so you don't see it unless you look at it. If it's for resale then I'm 100% against it.

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:06:39 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
Minnesota

I don't understand all the controversy over this. 

Video games are highly collectable, and as with all collectables, people pay a premium for better condition.  Hence collectors don't like indistinguishable reproductions.

If a game with a bad label bothers you, why would you buy it to begin with?

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:09:12 PM
wrk (69)
(Adolf Oliver Bush) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: B.A.

Video games are highly collectable, and as with all collectables, people pay a premium for better condition.  Hence collectors don't like indistinguishable reproductions.

Can this be an auto reply every time this subject/argument comes up?

https://www.prodigydisc.com/...

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:12:40 PM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
Because it saved me half the cost is why. The reason I get angry over it is pretty cut and dry. It's my property, and I'll do whatever I damn well please with it. I don't feel it is someone elses position to chastise and get insulting, or fight to stop and block me from doing something to an item I own to make it for me in better shape. It should have no baring or relevance what I do to that cart, or a game & watch, a blu ray disc, a book, a classic car, or anything else I may want to clean up a bit as I paid for it. If someone is that upset about it fine, share it or keep it to yourself, but don't try and stop someone from fixing up something that's damaged as that's just childish.

Aries I'm with you on this, and down here that game in a retro shop would be $50 if not higher due to the area I'm in. All I can say in my case or yours, if it does get fixed, and if it ever is sold -- let someone know the label is a reproduction that the cart was repaired. That is the right thing to do, without mucking up the actual look of the game with a tacky fake label or repro written clearly across it. I see it like telling someone witha 60's mustang who went and go repro chrome instead of original. Are you going to go tell them they have to emboss 'repro' somewhere on every piece of the trim visible to the outside? No...so I shouldn't have to do it with a cheap sticker on a cart either. All you have to do is legally disclose what kind of repairs/replacement were done.

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:23:48 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

Because it saved me half the cost is why. The reason I get angry over it is pretty cut and dry. It's my property, and I'll do whatever I damn well please with it. I don't feel it is someone elses position to chastise and get insulting, or fight to stop and block me from doing something to an item I own to make it for me in better shape. It should have no baring or relevance what I do to that cart, or a game & watch, a blu ray disc, a book, a classic car, or anything else I may want to clean up a bit as I paid for it. If someone is that upset about it fine, share it or keep it to yourself, but don't try and stop someone from fixing up something that's damaged as that's just childish.

So what are you cleaning? 

clean

1. free from dirt; unsoiled; unstained: She bathed and put on a clean dress.
2. free from foreign or extraneous matter: clean sand.
3. free from pollution; unadulterated; pure: clean air; clean water.
4. habitually free of dirt: Cats are considered clean animals.

If you were cleaning the cart, go for it.  You aren't, you are modifying it. 

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:24:52 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

Double Post

Edited: 11/17/2011 at 03:25 PM by leatherrebel5150

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:25:03 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
Minnesota
You certainly can do whatever you want with your own property. However when you come to a collector forum asking people to aid you in an practive that devalues their items you are not going to get a positive response.

We all know you are as pure as the driven snow Tanooki, but you know full well not everyone who looks to do this would fully disclose their actions later.

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:25:25 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

Aries I'm with you on this, and down here that game in a retro shop would be $50 if not higher due to the area I'm in. All I can say in my case or yours, if it does get fixed, and if it ever is sold -- let someone know the label is a reproduction that the cart was repaired. That is the right thing to do, without mucking up the actual look of the game with a tacky fake label or repro written clearly across it. I see it like telling someone witha 60's mustang who went and go repro chrome instead of original. Are you going to go tell them they have to emboss 'repro' somewhere on every piece of the trim visible to the outside? No...so I shouldn't have to do it with a cheap sticker on a cart either. All you have to do is legally disclose what kind of repairs/replacement were done.
This ^

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:25:42 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Originally posted by: wrk

^^

yea fake labels is BS, and if your out there sticking fake labels on real cartridges you might as well change your screen name to something with the word "scammer" And "im here to hurt the community and shouldn't be here" stamped on it.

A fake label on a real cartridge is just as bad as making a fake copy of it IMO

Oh and yes this sums up this whole thread perfectly>

Originally posted by: B.A.

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:29:47 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Parpunk

Originally posted by: wrk

^^

yea fake labels is BS, and if your out there sticking fake labels on real cartridges you might as well change your screen name to something with the word "scammer" And "im here to hurt the community and shouldn't be here" stamped on it.

A fake label on a real cartridge is just as bad as making a fake copy of it IMO

Oh and yes this sums up this whole thread perfectly>

Originally posted by: B.A.

That is a bit much to call anyone who wants to fix their cart a scammer. If someone wants to fix their own label more power to them, they probbaly should not ask here how to do it, but there is no reason to be a dick about it. If the person who is replacing the label wants to sell it later and does not disclose it than they are a dick and it will be made known fairly quick and no one will do business with them anyway.