Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Super Mario Bros NES CIB Sticker Seal on eBay

Aug 08 at 10:40:50 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Only own one sealed game that's worth any real money and I'm trying to sell it to fund my (non gaming related) business.

To reiterate, I see rare stuff increasing in price, sure. But looking at what's going on with first party / AAA first prints and then looking at true rarities like Sqoon...they will not keep up.

If Mario is a $20k CIB in 2019 when it was a $500 CIB TOPS in 2018, then Sqoon's 2018 $1000 CIB should be $40k today if it kept pace. That's just not happening.

-------------------------

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Aug 08 at 10:49:15 PM
klv123 (0)
(Biff Webster) < Little Mac >
Ohio
I listed my Mario sticker seal on eBay, I am willing to field offers. I tried to list a baseball, but eBay has to approve the amount... My username is Van01

Aug 08 at 11:01:44 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
I have a nice matte sticker seal Stack up. That pretty common I am guessing?

Aug 09 at 4:22:27 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Do you think rarity will ever actually matter to the new wave of collectors?

I just can't see someone jumping from comics, toys, and coins and going into a bidding war over a mint CIB Color A Dinosaur, Chubby Cherub, and Sqoon.

However, I do see something like Dino Peak, and even maybe even Jetsons overtaking something like Samson in price.
I don’t see little Sampson being overtaken at all and I see the new collectors adjusting quickly to collecting rare games and not just first print games. I’m curious to see if prototypes ever take the spot at top of the mountain. Everyone talks rarity what’s rarer a retail release game or the step in the process of building the data for said game. One was ordered to be trashed the retail release gets another printing or players choice release 

Aug 09 at 9:05:00 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I think you can build a pretty good narrative that new collectors will buy into on chubby cherub in that it's literally the first third party NES game: there's a relevant and interesting reason for its rarity, and it predates the later black boxes. Sqoon is early too and part of the early HT sunset so that helps but the narrative a little less compelling than CC.   Samson and f2 are pretty well the last releases and are in the case of Samson really well regarded and in the case of f2 well regarded enough and tied to a known property. Color a Dino though... it’s not early, it’s not that late, it’s not that interesting.  not sure the edutainment narrative on its own is enough

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 08/09/2019 at 09:09 AM by Bronty

Aug 09 at 9:11:17 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
^ ie I think newer collectors will care about rare games in time, but only to the extent they have a reason to care ; to the extent it's explained to them in terms they understand

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Aug 09 at 10:19:03 AM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Bronty

Color a Dino though... it’s not early, it’s not that late, it’s not that interesting.  not sure the edutainment narrative on its own is enough

First published work of Tommy Tallarico on NES! If that's not a key NES game, what is.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Aug 09 at 10:46:59 AM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States

Only own one sealed game that's worth any real money and I'm trying to sell it to fund my (non gaming related) business.

To reiterate, I see rare stuff increasing in price, sure. But looking at what's going on with first party / AAA first prints and then looking at true rarities like Sqoon...they will not keep up.

If Mario is a $20k CIB in 2019 when it was a $500 CIB TOPS in 2018, then Sqoon's 2018 $1000 CIB should be $40k today if it kept pace. That's just not happening.

I’ve been saying this since January, but I disagree. The market is just beginning, and this is on the “true collector’s item” train heading down a mountain. I get a handful of new comic people following and/or reaching out to me every week. Jeff here is just beginning his projects to translate gamer language into collector language. In some cases, prices might fall a bit and settle, but with items like matte SMB and sticker CIB? Up up and away for the rest of our lives. Video games are just way too popular and ingrained in society for this to collapse at this point. Demand is going to grow and supply won’t catch up.

Aug 09 at 10:49:18 AM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States

^ ie I think newer collectors will care about rare games in time, but only to the extent they have a reason to care ; to the extent it's explained to them in terms they understand
Agree completely, and this is exactly what Jeff is trying to do with NA and GVN. It’ll happen, just give it some time. Or, if you’re an owner, promote what you have in proper context and throw it up for auction. A lot of what’s happening has occurred organically that way already.

Aug 09 at 2:07:15 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
If you are curious about future predictions I'd say a good place to start is with the old comic price guides.
Rare comics were seen as valuable in the 1970s but they just haven't appreciated at the same rate as the books with the big franchise characters.

So if we see the same here from the same buyer pool yeah these rare games that you guys mention in most cases will go up but perhaps not at the same rate.

However, I'd also point out that comics aren't the only parallel you can drawn on.
With baseball cards sometimes rare matters a bit more than it does in comicland. Like videogames baseball cards are sorted by colectors into sets.
We al have a little OCD in us and people like to complete sets.
What's the most famous baseball card? It's not Babe Ruth. It some guy most of us would have never heard of if not for his T206 card.

Aug 09 at 5:43:52 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
Originally posted by: Buyatari

If you are curious about future predictions I'd say a good place to start is with the old comic price guides.
Rare comics were seen as valuable in the 1970s but they just haven't appreciated at the same rate as the books with the big franchise characters.

So if we see the same here from the same buyer pool yeah these rare games that you guys mention in most cases will go up but perhaps not at the same rate.

However, I'd also point out that comics aren't the only parallel you can drawn on.
With baseball cards sometimes rare matters a bit more than it does in comicland. Like videogames baseball cards are sorted by colectors into sets.
We al have a little OCD in us and people like to complete sets.
What's the most famous baseball card? It's not Babe Ruth. It some guy most of us would have never heard of if not for his T206 card.

So what's the hardest sticker seal CIB? DK Jr. math? Dear god....

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Aug 09 at 7:07:38 PM
klv123 (0)
Ohio
websites talking about how they are selling for insane prices now, is only going to add fuel to the fire. I thinking they are going to skyrocket soon, as long as the market does not get flooded with them.

Aug 09 at 7:55:20 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: klv123

websites talking about how they are selling for insane prices now, is only going to add fuel to the fire. I thinking they are going to skyrocket soon, as long as the market does not get flooded with them.

What would it take to flood this new market if comic buyer make it their new home?
Look how many copies of Hulk 181 trade hands at any given time on eBay. 

Aug 09 at 9:27:29 PM
klv123 (0)
Ohio
I really don't know anything about comic books, but if there is bunch of sticker seal SMB listed on eBay I would think it would reduce the price, does anybody know how many or out there?

Aug 09 at 9:53:47 PM
Bboy46 (0)

< Little Mac >
I'd say a few hundred gloss, maybe 50 matte of the matte maybe 10 nice ones. They simply didn't survive

Aug 09 at 9:54:56 PM
Bboy46 (0)

< Little Mac >
Considering a gloss just sold on ebay for 25k BIN if it's a legit sale

Aug 09 at 10:05:01 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
Originally posted by: klv123

I listed my Mario sticker seal on eBay, I am willing to field offers. I tried to list a baseball, but eBay has to approve the amount... My username is Van01

Yours was the 25k one right? What did it end up going for if you're open to sharing?

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Aug 09 at 10:19:25 PM
klv123 (0)
Ohio
yes it was mine, Not sure if I should publish price in public forum. but it is paid for already.

Aug 09 at 10:21:55 PM
klv123 (0)
Ohio
Doesn't eBay show the best offer price? or is that only available for the seller and buyer to see?

Aug 09 at 10:39:06 PM
Bboy46 (0)

< Little Mac >
Beautiful piece, congrats on having a smb gloss that nice

Aug 10 at 12:02:09 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I can't even find the lot. I'm not sure if I'm being filtered out (canada) or what. Does someone mind pm'ing me the link? thx!

Aug 10 at 8:14:10 PM
RDI (0)

< Tourian Tourist >

Do you think rarity will ever actually matter to the new wave of collectors?

I just can't see someone jumping from comics, toys, and coins and going into a bidding war over a mint CIB Color A Dinosaur, Chubby Cherub, and Sqoon.

However, I do see something like Dino Peak, and even maybe even Jetsons overtaking something like Samson in price.
A lot of this action is the result of collectors coming over from comics who came over from cards. A very large number of them ONLY care about rarity because they don't understand or appreciate the medium. Look at the incentive ratio covers for modern comics and the money they can command - when viewed side by side with older books that have much more significance within the medium it becames painfully obvious that something is wrong. 

Aug 10 at 8:50:24 PM
Filter81 (1)

< Tourian Tourist >

I can't even find the lot. I'm not sure if I'm being filtered out (canada) or what. Does someone mind pm'ing me the link? thx!

I don't mean to hijack the thread (I don't know if this is worth creating a new one) but I'm having the same problem with eBay.  Not just for this listing, but for recently sold listings from other sellers too.  A lot of them are disappearing from eBay instead of eBay keeping records of recorded sales for a few months like they usually do.  I was talking to someone else who was having the same problem today also.  Some listings are still showing up in completed, others aren't.  No idea why.

Aug 11 at 1:57:29 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Ok thx

Aug 11 at 1:58:13 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
RDI - I don't think that's true tbh

Edited: 08/11/2019 at 01:58 AM by Bronty