Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Not For Resale Resealed Employee copy?

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:24:32 AM
theguy1962 (193)
(Hernan Alonso or "Zo") < Kraid Killer >
California
Sup everyone. I know this is a common game, but just wondering if the "Not For Resale" adds any value. I bought this back at PRGE in 2012. It looks like the bottom was opened and not quite folded the right way when it was closed back up. I have no idea if the cart inside also has the NFR sticker. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to mention the sticker is under the seal on the box itself. Not sure if you can tell from the pictures.

P.S.
WTH happened to Photobucket? It's unbearable. I had to make an imgur account and I hope the images show up correctly.

Edited: 11/29/2017 at 01:29 AM by theguy1962

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:27:27 AM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
This sounds interesting.

Nov 29, 2017 at 9:00:26 AM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
That's really cool. I know I've seen pictures of other games with that "Not for Resale" sticker under the seal. I can't remember what the consensus was. I'm super jealous, though. As you can tell from my avatar and sig, Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda game.

-------------------------
To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 29, 2017 at 9:37:51 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Man, this is a tuffy... there are few factors I'd need verified by local "experts" that could site example cases of these type of reseals before I could even give a reasonable estimate.

Key Factors:
- Is the likely cart an NFR cart? (Probably not)
- Can someone knowledgable verify whether this was certainly resealed by Nintendo, or is it unknown? This is the $64k question.
- How common are these type of NFR boxes?

Considering the best case/worst case scenarios, I'd estimate this between $100-600, possibly more if this is an NFR cart and one could be 100% this was resealed by Nintendo.

Personally, under the current unknown circumstances, the best price I'd personally through out would be $100, maybe $125 on a very "spendy" day for me. However, if all of those questions were positively answered/proven, I'd likely offer $500 which is the higher end of a sealed copy but I'd keep it at that price due to condition. To be clear, this might be worth more, or others may say less. Regardless, if I had the cash and the desire, that's about where I'd value this.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:10:49 AM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
How willing are you to open it up?   Since it's not minty, maybe it can be sold as a nice complete with all the details of what's inside instead of a low-end sealed with mystery.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:17:50 AM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: coffeewithmrsaturn

How willing are you to open it up?   Since it's not minty, maybe it can be sold as a nice complete with all the details of what's inside instead of a low-end sealed with mystery.
Yeah, that was my thought.  That's why I said that seeing only what I see now and recognizing the label as an NFR label, the most I would spend would be $100-125.

To be clear, I'm not in the market today.  "Fun" cash is a bit tight and what I do have has already been earmarked through November.  A decent CIB copy goes for $60, so even doubling that feels generous.  You're basically paying for the sticker.

To be clear, I doubt this reseal was done by anyone after it was originally acquired.  The shrinkwrapping appears either mechanical or done by someone with shrinkwrap tools beyond a heat gun and cylophane.  Even still, if you can't verify the authenticity of the shrinkwrap, it's practically pointless.  This is akin to other discussions I've seen on Blockbuster Video's resealing of Sculptor's Cuts.  Sure, you might have bought directly from your local Blockbuster video 17-19 years ago, but if they resealed it in the shop, who knows what's in it, or the condition.  It's your word that it's legit and that's just not worth anything to collectors.

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:21:07 AM
98ViperGTS (21)
(Brad ) < Meka Chicken >
Newfoundland
I have this thing;

Edited: 11/29/2017 at 10:22 AM by 98ViperGTS

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:30:04 AM
Lando452 (9)
< Meka Chicken >
Nevada
Photobucket is garbage now, had to switch to IMGUR myself about a year ago and never looked back.

NO CART LEFT BEHIND
My collection.
https://collection.gamevaluenow.c...
My Trades
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:34:07 AM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Lol Photobucket. Still blows my mind people try to use that garbage

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:36:33 AM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Bert

Yeah, I remember the huge fiasco that was more than a few months ago when they tried to start charging their long time free users.  Is Photobucket owned by a parent company?

Currently, I love Imgur for quick uploads but, to be honest, I'm not sure how long they will last either.  It's hard to offer a free service for long and last, without being picked up by Google/Facebook/Microsoft/etc.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:42:21 AM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: rlh

Originally posted by: Bert

Yeah, I remember the huge fiasco that was more than a few months ago when they tried to start charging their long time free users.  Is Photobucket owned by a parent company?

Currently, I love Imgur for quick uploads but, to be honest, I'm not sure how long they will last either.  It's hard to offer a free service for long and last, without being picked up by Google/Facebook/Microsoft/etc.

interesting, it seems they were acquired by Fox in 2007, who then sold them two years later to a mobile imaging start-up called Ontela. They then changed their name to Photobucket Inc and are the current owners today. So does that count as a parent company?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:42:53 PM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
I suppose so

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:10:58 PM
theguy1962 (193)
California
Thanks for the input guys. I'm really not sure how I would feel about opening it up to find out if the cart is NFR as well. I am very curious though. I'm also thinking of just putting it on eBay at auction and see where that goes. Especially, since there's really no reference to start from.

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:26:14 PM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
Awesome, please post it here. I might bid on it. I'm sure I won't win but I do find this interesting. Just not "high dollar" interesting.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:42:33 PM
theguy1962 (193)
California

I listed it on eBay start at $0.01. Let's see where it goes. Thanks again.

Edited: 11/29/2017 at 11:43 PM by theguy1962

Nov 30, 2017 at 9:40:58 AM
nintendopower_4_ever (75)

(john smith) < Lolo Lord >
United States

Man, this is a tuffy... there are few factors I'd need verified by local "experts" that could site example cases of these type of reseals before I could even give a reasonable estimate.

Key Factors:
- Can someone knowledgable verify whether this was certainly resealed by Nintendo, or is it unknown? This is the $64k question.

Considering the best case/worst case scenarios, I'd estimate this between $100-600, possibly more if this is an NFR cart and one could be 100% this was resealed by Nintendo.

Personally, under the current unknown circumstances, the best price I'd personally through out would be $100, maybe $125 on a very "spendy" day for me. However, if all of those questions were positively answered/proven, I'd likely offer $500 which is the higher end of a sealed copy but I'd keep it at that price due to condition. To be clear, this might be worth more, or others may say less. Regardless, if I had the cash and the desire, that's about where I'd value this.

These came from Nintendo like this. I've seen a few of them and I remember an Illusion of Gaia with this sticker under the resealed wrap a few years ago that someone here sent to VGA and they graded it. 

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:53:51 AM
dquiros (106)
(David Quiros) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: nintendopower_4_ever

Key Factors:

These came from Nintendo like this. I've seen a few of them and I remember an Illusion of Gaia with this sticker under the resealed wrap a few years ago that someone here sent to VGA and they graded it. 
I have an Illusion of Gaia like this. I also have A Link to the Past, Ken Griffey Baseball, and a couple NES games too. 

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:10:50 PM
MegaManAmiibo (0)
(Mega Man) < Crack Trooper >
Mexico
good luck with the auction

Nov 30, 2017 at 6:37:14 PM
theguy1962 (193)
California
Awesome guys, that's good to hear. Thank you.

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:27:10 AM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
It's doing well already!

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair