(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Originally posted by: neodolphino

Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Originally posted by: Tulpa

Originally posted by: tbone3969

Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Can it be hacked to add other emulators? I'm looking to get a raspberry pi4 but if this can do PS1/N64 well enough then I'll go this route.
Yes it can.  Not sure if it can handle N64 games though. Might be some slow down.

Yeah, I'd imagine N64 will have compromises, but then again, it usually does anyway.

I had the impression that the SNES Classic emulates PS1 better than the PS Classic manages to do.

(and no way either of those machines does a passable job with N64)

Actually, my cousin has a SNES mini with a couple of N64 games on it.  It did a great job with Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 (the only two games I tried out).  I'm sure the emulation coverage of the system overall is pretty poor, but it -did- do a passible job of at least a few games  

Definitely surprised that they managed that, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that "passable" emulation of N64 on that system is limited to a small handful of the library, probably with some compromises with the actual graphic modes supported.

What did your cousin do for a controller?

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it only worked/worked well with a few games.

He used what looked like a knockoff Wii pro remote like lower one in the attached screen capture.