Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Collection Tool Bug Thread Find a bug, please add it here.

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:06:25 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
ANYTHING THAT REMAINS IN THIS THREAD IS POTENTIALLY AN OUTSTANDING ISSUE NEEDING TO BE FIXED OR REPRODUCED.

UPDATE 5/27/2010:

- Fixed a very obscure error that was happening when loading game into a collection from a bulk loader screen or from a game queue.
- Fixed year on some Gameboy games

UPDATE 4/23/2010:

- Emoticons will appear in blog posts now
- "Refine Search" and "New Search" tabs were appearing when logged out (should not be appearing).
- Database search issue where last page was including records from the previous page.
- Collection Tool - Quotes in notes section should be fixed.
- Collection Tool - A new collection created via the bulk loader was defaulting to "Generic Collection" if another type was specified.
- Collection Tool - Bulk loader when selecting "Merge and Increment" on existing collections was incorrectly incrementing element types that were not selected.
- Collection Tool - Bulk loader when selecting "Merge and Increment" wasn't adding games that weren't already found; it was only incrementing existing games.
- Collection Tool - Public view box and manual rarity were swapped
- Collection Tool - If a game was sealed, you couldn't upload photos
- Collection Tool - Copying, moving and deleting from within a collection has been overhauled and fixed (hopefully! .
- Collection Tool - Choosing "Trash" when checking off games no longer auto-submits.
- Collection Tool - Added "KHG" "SIV" and "NGD" (and others) for allowing proper entry of codes.
- Collection Tool - The "Alpha" picker bar was not honoring platform, ie, when clicking on 's' and then page 2, within a platform, it wasn't going there.
- Collection Tool - Page 2 (or more) was not showing up when search results were greater than 100.
- Collection Tool - Adding images issues for items that only had manual-only or box-only.
- Collection Tool - Price/Value/Diff talleys were not working with decimals on the general display.
- Collection Tool - Price/Value/Diff talleys were not updating totals properly when only 1 or 2 of the 3 columns were activated.
- Collection Tool - "GBR" only, "Can" only and "FRA" only, on single item edit screen, wasn't saving.

New features:

- Blocking of avatars is enabled
- Blocking of cornerstones is enabled
- Latest Topics now supports up to 1000 topics (total or within a category)
- Latest Posts now supports up to 1000 posts

Known Issues:

• High Priority:
    • Accessories do not appear in the collections.
  • Medium Priority:
  • The PDF generator skews the right column. This is a puzzler since my dev machine doesn't do this. It's JVM related, but I haven't sussed it out yet.
  • Opening more than one value/cost panels without saving does not close the previously opened panel(s).
  • Low Priority:
    • Certain characters cause collection caption to disappear (invalid HTML).
    • When you use all 500 characters for notes, if you press Space or Enter, it creates a new line and erases the end of the note.
    • Deleting an item from a collection removes the row underline styles temporarily.
    • Adding images in some cases can cause text to get cut off on the bar graph.
    • If you add really large quantities to value/cost fields, it overflows the space available in the box.
    • When choosing the option that the item did not come with paperwork & packaging (single item edit), it could theoretically still have come sealed (and this is disabled when those options are chosen).
    • When exporting a list of games as a PDF, checkboxes appear in the middle of the title lines on empty columns. (could not reproduce yet)

Expected Behaviors:
  • When I add multiple copies of the same game to my "for sale" list, and then add a "condition", it resets the number of copies to 1. You can only assign condition to a single item, so therefore it resets it to 1. If you need to put conditions on more than 1 of the same item, add more than one of the same item and condition each (separate rows, not quantity).
  • If you have more items graded than sealed, the % will be over 100%. For the time being, this will be the way it's handled (graded percentages are calculated on # of games graded divided by the # games sealed). I realize this isn't necessarily a correct assumption, but we'll go with it for now.
  • Checking off items, adding quantity, changing condition, etc, do not refresh stats on the page until a page reload occurs. Just reload the page!
  • Updating item X in a collection does not update item X in another collection. All collections are mutually exclusive.
  • It is possible to create multiple "featured" collections. Collections are sorted by Featured, then title.

Features that are Currently Disabled or in progress:
  • Variations tracking (delta icon on edit page)
  • Collection comments
  • Collection offers (to buy/trade)
  • Completion: maps, charts, etc.
  • Completion: guide books, hint books, etc.
  • Completion: posters, inserts, registration cards, etc.
  • Advanced search on Collection pages.

Edited: 05/27/2010 at 11:16 AM by Dain

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:09:30 PM
MCMROSE (43)
(Matt "Halo fruit cake") < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
quick one...when i go to grade my boxes and or cart from 1-10 if i drag the bar to go to 5 or lower it won't select it....but if I use my mouse wheel to scrole down it, it works and selects it. I hope I'm making sence here, just a heads up

-------------------------
mcmrose.com

Feb 1, 2010 at 10:16:11 PM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
A couple of weird observations, they might be bugs, but they aren't bothersome.

When I add variants, the totals for carts,manuals,boxes as well as percentages do not change.
As an example: My gameboy collection I started with the initial template of 511, and even after adding my variants, the numbers still indicate 511. I expected the percentages and totals to change (and I think I was warned that they would be when I added them).

I also enabled the 'variant' option, but I do not see the variant icon. My variants are separate line items, so maybe I'm not grasping the intention of the variant icon.

Lastly (and this one is really weird), I have a Cliffhanger problem.
When I view my GB collection using the "public view" and scroll down near the bottom of the page, it shows Cliffhanger with skulls for the manual and box, meaning I have somehow disabled tracking that box and manual. I see them greyed out in editor mode as well, although I cannot turn this particular entry on/off. Here's where it gets weird. I do not see any problems if I filter my collection on the letter "C".
One thing to maybe take note of, Cliffhanger is the last entry shown when I view my collection unfiltered. Possibly I introduced something weird as a result of adding those variants. I can live with this, since I can always fix it by filtering on "C".

Al

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:44:14 PM
Maydogg6 (49)
(Assy McGee) < Lolo Lord >
New York
I'm not sure if this belongs in here or not, but while searching amazon and half using the helpful links in the collection tool I noticed a small problem.

If the game's title has an apostrophe in it then it will automatically be normalized to not have one when searching through Anaea and Huver.

This is a problem because both Amazon and Half have them listed with the apostrophe in the title. Because of this games like Nobunaga's Ambition and Bonk's Adventure come up with no results. I've tried typing it in manually, but again the title gets normalized. If you go directly to the site and type it in with the apostrophe you will find results for these games.

Granted this isn't a big deal, but I think we all try to do as much with the website tools as we can for both convenience and to help NA.

For example:
http://anaea.nintendoage.com/nes/...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...

"I will beat you like a drum."

Apr 18, 2010 at 10:19:29 AM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Is there a way to find the Aladdin carts in the tool? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Jun 13, 2010 at 11:49:05 AM
Benihana (154)
Washington
For NDS, Game and Watch Collection 2 is not loaded?

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Edited: 06/19/2010 at 09:15 AM by Benihana

Jul 3, 2010 at 2:22:28 PM
Benihana (154)
Washington
Originally posted by: Benihana

For NDS, Game and Watch Collection 2 is not loaded?

No chance on getting this loaded? If you need info/pics, I have a copy sitting here...

Jul 14, 2010 at 7:04:52 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
When there's no listing for a game yet, as is common with newer DS and Wii (or potentially obscure) titles, I recommend that you add it manually with the bulk lister (this is what I do). This will enter the game without a code so you'll know which entries are "non standard" that you can replace once the database is updated. For these updates, I typically do them every few months, all at once (Wii and DS).

Edited: 07/14/2010 at 07:05 AM by Dain

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:15:26 PM
boff (15)
(conspirator boff) < Little Mac >
Oregon
I'm not sure if this is known or not, but the Publisher drop down does not seem to be working correctly in any of my collections. I get the drop down with the options - Publisher - , Other and then a large number of blank lines.

Games copied from the main database bring over the publisher, and it displays correctly in the collection list, but is weird in the individual game info.

Clearly not a biggie, but odd for tracking weird / nonlisted stuff.

I am the black wizards!

Jul 24, 2010 at 2:39:31 AM
Retroscribe81 (241)
(Bill H) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Looked all over for an answer here...couldn't find one...

When I put a "value" in for a game, and then leave that screen and come back to it, the value is changed (usually to a rounded number). If I click on the auto-corrected value, my original value is still there, I click "OK", and it comes back. Repeat.

Any fix for this? Not that the dollar values really matter that much...but when I put in $1 for a game and it comes back as $0...that kinda sucks.

EDIT:  Looks like this is only happening in the NES Collector tool.  My SNES and N64 values are staying strong.

Edited: 07/24/2010 at 02:42 AM by Retroscribe81

Sep 18, 2010 at 2:38:33 AM
DestructoDisk (117)
(Timothy Patrick Vreeland) < King Solomon >
Nevada
Still problems when using the "copy" feature. It only works for database items. Example:

I have a Sega Genesis collection list, and an NES collection list. I want to copy all my games from those lists onto one master list. I create the master list. Now I use the copy function and check off all the games from my NES list. Everything copies successfully. Next I do the same thing with my Sega Genesis list. I still get the pop up saying I have successfully copied these items to my master list, but when I check my master list nothing is copied to it, except the NES games.

I have deducted this only fails with non database games. For example, when I copied my SNES list to my master list, everything copied successfully except my Super Game Boy, which counts as an accessory, and is not listed in the collection tools active database at the moment. So I'm guessing the collection tool was programmed to recognize values from the active database, rather than unique values created in each persons collection. This problem could be there forever unless the copy feature changes its info source. Or perhaps one day the NA database will cover every single system ever created and every game to go with it (I doubt that, lol).

Nov 11, 2010 at 9:12:20 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
When uploading pics to your collection or to a specific game you can't resize the pics, like you can in the NA gallery upload and many time large high res pics time out or you get a security exception. Possibly add resizing option into Ctool.

Mar 26, 2012 at 6:38:10 PM
divingninja (48)
(Kirkland Sweeney) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Hi guys, first let me say thank you for making nintendoage the best resource for Nintendo out ther in my opinion.
My issue recently is that with the new look of the collections, there once was a place to do a "bulk add."
By using this section, I was able to type in whatever title i wanted which was very helpful for entering the specifics and titles of variant game cartridges I found. Currently the bulk add takes you to the single game add. At least that is what happens on my iPad. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks,
-Kirk

Know any NES cartridge variants that I don't have on this list?
http://www.nintendoage.com/index....
Let me know if you have confirmed any that I need to add! Thanks!

Mar 26, 2012 at 6:58:11 PM
divingninja (48)
(Kirkland Sweeney) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Well it appears while that button inside the collection doesn't work, I figured out that at least when you are in the list of your collections you can still make it happen.

Know any NES cartridge variants that I don't have on this list?
http://www.nintendoage.com/index....
Let me know if you have confirmed any that I need to add! Thanks!

Mar 26, 2012 at 7:25:01 PM
Benihana (154)
Washington
Just noticed some of the "Need" buttons show no result
The ones that are not accurate for me are as follows
C
C+I
C+B
I yields 10 results, but I need over 500
B only shows 34 needed, but I need over 500
CIB shows the last 10 I need to complete collection LOOSE

Mar 26, 2012 at 7:31:26 PM
Ray Bot (82)
(Ray Bot) < Lolo Lord >
Louisiana
yeah, in the "For trade" collection list, when you click "available" it only shows 96 titles when i have 106. if i click reverse alphabetical, i can see those 10 that got cut off but then it cuts off the A's.

Super Nintendo Sega Genesis, when i was dead broke man i couldn't picture this.

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:08:35 PM
Benihana (154)
Washington
Originally posted by: Ray Bot

yeah, in the "For trade" collection list, when you click "available" it only shows 96 titles when i have 106. if i click reverse alphabetical, i can see those 10 that got cut off but then it cuts off the A's.

I hate to ask, but you did look for a page 2 right?
Figured so...we will get the bugs worked out soon enough...

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:19:16 PM
Ray Bot (82)
(Ray Bot) < Lolo Lord >
Louisiana

Originally posted by: Ray Bot

I hate to ask, but you did look for a page 2 right?
Figured so...we will get the bugs worked out soon enough...

yeah, theres no < << 1, 2 >> > on the page. and it says "displaying 1-96 of 96

Super Nintendo Sega Genesis, when i was dead broke man i couldn't picture this.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:05:18 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
This was verified as a bug and has been corrected. Thanks for pointing this out!

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:09:47 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: divingninja

Hi guys, first let me say thank you for making nintendoage the best resource for Nintendo out ther in my opinion.
My issue recently is that with the new look of the collections, there once was a place to do a "bulk add."
By using this section, I was able to type in whatever title i wanted which was very helpful for entering the specifics and titles of variant game cartridges I found. Currently the bulk add takes you to the single game add. At least that is what happens on my iPad. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks,
-Kirk

This has been fixed.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:28:26 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina

C
C+I
C+B
This isn't how the new feature works actually. I'll try to better explain it here... It's designed to show entries where the portion you click on in "Need" is the only part(s) of the item(s) you need.

So, for...

C - this would only show entries where you just needed the cart, but not the box and manual, which you already have.

C+I  - This shows all items where you need the cart and manual, but not the box, which you already have.

C + B - This shows all items where you need the cart and box, but not the manual, which you already have.

I - This shows all items where you need just manual, not the cart and box, which you already have.

I + B - This shows all items where you need just manual and box, not the cart, which you already have.

B - This shows all items where you need just the box, not the cart and manual, which you already have.

CIB - This shows all items where you need the cart, the box and the manual.

In your case, the last 10 carts you need, you also need the boxes and manuals, so these would appear in CIB. You do need any cart-only "fragments" if you will, which is why C is blank.

The Missing 1+ Items link is more or less what you're used to seeing.

I made this feature because I find that I'm always buying an extra box or manual when I don't need to, just to make a game complete.

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:04:57 PM
Benihana (154)
Washington
Originally posted by: Dain

C
C+I
C+B
This isn't how the new feature works actually. I'll try to better explain it here... It's designed to show entries where the portion you click on in "Need" is the only part(s) of the item(s) you need.

So, for...

C - this would only show entries where you just needed the cart, but not the box and manual, which you already have.

C+I  - This shows all items where you need the cart and manual, but not the box, which you already have.

C + B - This shows all items where you need the cart and box, but not the manual, which you already have.

I - This shows all items where you need just manual, not the cart and box, which you already have.

I + B - This shows all items where you need just manual and box, not the cart, which you already have.

B - This shows all items where you need just the box, not the cart and manual, which you already have.

CIB - This shows all items where you need the cart, the box and the manual.

In your case, the last 10 carts you need, you also need the boxes and manuals, so these would appear in CIB. You do need any cart-only "fragments" if you will, which is why C is blank.

The Missing 1+ Items link is more or less what you're used to seeing.

I made this feature because I find that I'm always buying an extra box or manual when I don't need to, just to make a game complete.

Thanks for the info boss!
As for all those extra box's and manuals you bought, feel free to send them my way

May 1, 2012 at 9:05:34 PM
0xero0 (230)
(Drunk Robot) < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
What happened to the rarity column in the collection tool? The box is still marked in the settings, but the column wont display. Has it been disabled?

Open to trades http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

May 6, 2012 at 2:06:09 PM
0xero0 (230)
(Drunk Robot) < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
Anyone? I can't be the only one....

Open to trades http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

May 7, 2012 at 11:48:49 AM
Jobber8742 (185)
(Jeff Kilgard) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
I have a bug in my Wanted collection. I have multiple systems in this collection (i.e. NES, SNES, N64, Sega CD). There are only about 75 my Sega CD games in my want list. Because of this, all the other systems only display 75 games as well. There is no way that I can see to view the rest of the games for the other systems beyond the first 75 other than clicking by individual letters. Hope I explained that clear enough.

"I'm not a nerd, I'm a video game enthusiast"