Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

bubble bobble 2 w/box on ebay terribly listed!

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:41:59 AM
shawnphase (9)
(shawn phase) < Lolo Lord >
Western Australia
in this thread, greed

-------------------------

http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com... for a whole slew of video game cover music.

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:15:13 AM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington

"Absurdity is what I like most in life, and there's humor in struggling in ignorance. If you saw a man repeatedly running into a wall until he was a bloody pulp, after a while it would make you laugh because it becomes absurd".

-David Lynch

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:53:15 AM
pokecancer (9)
(Daniel Cancer) < Tourian Tourist >
Florida
itt, not banksy

Mar 18, 2010 at 5:21:40 AM
JJAAMMEESSNNEESS (332)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(James S) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: pokecancer

itt, not banksy

hey man , Nice avatar , take a look

See how I made my way into the HOS!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Mar 18, 2010 at 5:31:27 AM
ihavethatpma (324)
(Doombutt Jazzmouth) < Bowser >
Washington

itt, not banksy

Are you saying that if it's not Banksy, it's not good?

I guess Dan's wish came true today!  I left earlier when this was a one page thread, then I come home tonight and there's 130 replies.

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:18:26 AM
pokecancer (9)
(Daniel Cancer) < Tourian Tourist >
Florida
nah, dolk's style is just so similar that i thought it was done by banksy. his work seems good though.

Mar 18, 2010 at 9:22:28 AM
gavmasterflash (47)
(dave g) < Ridley Wrangler >
Taiwan
Just over $200. What's market price for a lot like this? I know the BB2 cart is around $100, what what would the box go for? I know Jetson's is rare, but how much would it be worth?

I also notice that CIB games tend to go for significantly less when done in auctions.

Mar 18, 2010 at 9:46:52 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: gavmasterflash

Just over $200. What's market price for a lot like this? I know the BB2 cart is around $100, what what would the box go for? I know Jetson's is rare, but how much would it be worth?

I also notice that CIB games tend to go for significantly less when done in auctions.

I'd say $200 is a pretty damn fair price on this lot.  Sure BB2 cart is maybe $100 and the box could be roughly the same, but it's hard to judge condition by that picture.

Jetsons box also clearly has "No Instructions" written on it in marker which would hurt its value substantially, though I know one member was able to successfully remove market from a Pro Sport Hockey box.  If it can come off of a white box then it can certainly come off a colored one, I've just never had the patience to attempt it.

And your last comment about CIBs is true about lots in general.  Whether its CIBs, carts, manuals, boxes or sealed, lots rarely go for their true part-out value.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 18, 2010 at 9:54:27 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: ihavethatpma

itt, not banksy

I guess Dan's wish came true today!  I left earlier when this was a one page thread, then I come home tonight and there's 130 replies.

Yes, this thread exceeded my wildest dreams.

Although the white lynch mob image is a little disturbing...I see the joke that was trying to be made, but the subject matter sucked all humor out of it for me :/

Mar 18, 2010 at 9:55:06 AM
gavmasterflash (47)
(dave g) < Ridley Wrangler >
Taiwan
You have to consider the ending time of this auction. It's like 9am in the US on a Thursday. That's probably another reason this went for a reasonable price.

Yeah, buying CIB lots can get you negative profit if you sell them individually at auction. Been there, done that. I've never had a store and didn't like the BIN mark ups for FVF and all that other BS.

And, let me tell you man, I know you stick to your "selling only in the US policy" but people in Europe L-O-V-E CIB games and are willing to pay top dollar plus shipping for them. You can command pretty good prices, and move your CIB games much quicker by making them available in that market.

Mar 18, 2010 at 10:16:48 AM
Sph1nx (24)
(The Link) < Eggplant Wizard >
Canada
Originally posted by: jonebone.

Jetsons box also clearly has "No Instructions" written on it in marker which would hurt its value substantially, though I know one member was able to successfully remove marker from a Pro Sport Hockey box.  If it can come off of a white box then it can certainly come off a colored one, I've just never had the patience to attempt it.

Off topic, but how?

Mar 18, 2010 at 10:20:34 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Sph1nx

Originally posted by: jonebone.

Jetsons box also clearly has "No Instructions" written on it in marker which would hurt its value substantially, though I know one member was able to successfully remove marker from a Pro Sport Hockey box.  If it can come off of a white box then it can certainly come off a colored one, I've just never had the patience to attempt it.

Off topic, but how?

Mineral spirits, or any cleaning solution using that as a solvent should work.
Also, denatured alcohol will work.

Any cleaning agent that smells like a sharpie is probably a similarly effective solvent for the "permanent" markings.

Whether it damages the box, or not, though depends on how glossy the surface is, and how it was printed initially.

All of this advice comes with the caveat of "test on an inconspicuous location"

Mar 18, 2010 at 10:34:48 AM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
Originally posted by: jonebone

though I know one member was able to successfully remove market from a Pro Sport Hockey box.  If it can come off of a white box then it can certainly come off a colored one, I've just never had the patience to attempt it.

That was me.  Goo Gone and a lot of patience and steady hands.

Just make sure the front of the box still has some gloss to it and you should be fine.

Mar 18, 2010 at 1:08:55 PM
ars2pd (181)
(aRs !) < King Solomon >
Missouri
Originally posted by: dangevin

Originally posted by: ihavethatpma

itt, not banksy

Yes, this thread exceeded my wildest dreams.

Although the white lynch mob image is a little disturbing...I see the joke that was trying to be made, but the subject matter sucked all humor out of it for me :/

In no way resellers were meant to be racist Im not, if that clarifies the meaning of the picture. Its one of the first pictures that came up as lynch mob.

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:54:15 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Originally posted by: portnoyd

My kingdom for a Bignose Freaks Out manual.

I had one, but I already sold it to Pieter

Too bad too...your kingdom would've looked mighty nice in my kingdom

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:56:04 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: Battymo

Originally posted by: jonebone

Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Hah, whatever dude. Just because I offer a counterpoint doesn't mean I'm arguing senselessly. I'm sorry you don't appreciate my contributions. Feel free to block my posts if it makes you feel better.

Pull your head out of your ass.  You are arguing senselessly because you are posting in a thread of which you have no interest.  You aren't a reseller, you don't collect CIB and you barely collect anything at all since you are a posterboy for a PowerPak. 

Which is ironic, because this thread has done exactly what you are trying to defend.  You are one person that would have never have known this auction existed, yet have now become an expert on the subject since it was posted for the world to see.

Find another thread to troll please.

*grabs popcorn*

*waits to see what happens when an unstoppable force hits an immovable object*

And yeah, just noticed I'm quoting off page one...clicked the wrong button on the forum page...but I HAD to post

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:59:16 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
^^^ If "Princess Bride" taught us anything, it's that Andre the Giant had a problem with a smaller solitary opponent!

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:03:03 PM
ihavethatpma (324)
(Doombutt Jazzmouth) < Bowser >
Washington
Inconceivable!

I just watched that movie last week, and I couldn't make out 95% of the stuff Andre was saying.

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:06:41 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
It helps if you have any classes with foreign professors. Before college, I couldn't understand anything he said, but now I can understand it quite easily.

Mar 18, 2010 at 5:42:01 PM
portnoyd- (39)

(Stephen Colbert) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Hey guys, I just took a big shit!

http://portsloglog.com...

If you PM me, I will tell you to go away, especially if you're trying to mooch my games.

Mar 18, 2010 at 5:46:50 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other

http://portsloglog.com

You should have taken a picture of the foot long monster and his 6" cousin...

Mar 18, 2010 at 5:48:57 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

Wow...that's disturbing.

Mar 18, 2010 at 7:19:53 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta

You gotta not crap on so many threads man

Mar 18, 2010 at 7:41:37 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
delete...just keeping my mouth shut.

Edited: 03/18/2010 at 07:50 PM by smokinjoe24

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:14:08 AM
portnoyd- (39)

(Stephen Colbert) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: PSerge

You should have taken a picture of the foot long monster and his 6" cousin...

Ah ha, my friend. Read rule #2.

http://portsloglog.com/?page_id=2...

If you PM me, I will tell you to go away, especially if you're trying to mooch my games.