Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Southern California Hunting Grounds? Want to take a buddy game hunting in LA, OC, or San Diego area

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:43:42 AM
Zwario (30)
(Carlos Monoz) < Meka Chicken >
California
Hey Friends,

I have a buddy visiting, and I'd love to take him to any good Retro Game stores or flea market hot spots so that he can score a few good NES or SNES finds! Any good recommendations from you locals??

Thanks in advance!

Zwario

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:42:12 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Well I'm in San Diego County. There's a few stores, but only one of them (2 spots) called Luna Games has fair pricing. The one closest to me Game Adx seems to start the worst of the NES stuff like Top Gun at around $10 and then common good ones (Goonies) are in the $20s, so unless you want to go home poor don't. Game Rave down towards the central part of the county also does this price gouging like back when Earthbound was around $100~ on ebay the dude wanted $200 for the cart and FF2/3 were like $80 each, oh and the boring stuff most don't want still is like 10+ to start so they're pointless. Luna though starts stuff around $5 and goes slowly up from there and they do give good trade value. The flea market up where I'm in in the north area is hit and miss, more miss than hit quite a bit so in the last year but I had a good run of it in late June early July but it dried out again. But, central/south SD county has Kobeys, Santee, and Spring Valley flea markets and they do get good stuff, sometimes crazy good for low prices but I just don't drive it because a 100mi round trip kills the value in gas.

Los Angeles Co and Orange below that are your best bets. There's some crazy flea markets weekly, and I think it's one weekend a month the stadium the Rose Bowl plays at (Coliseum) gets an insane one setup. Also there are some really fantastic stores and one I know of is GameDude. They have just weird prices where something like a Mario is higher priced (since it's known a popular) but then stuff people pay deep for online due to being rare is notably less there probably just to move it.

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:14:02 PM
Munkifist (95)
(Jarrod Thompson) < Meka Chicken >
California
Game Dude prices most games above market and from what I understand stockpiles some of the more rare titles. Avoid! Def hit the orange county flea markets / swap meets.

Edited: 08/09/2012 at 01:14 PM by Munkifist

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:47:35 PM
Zwario (30)
(Carlos Monoz) < Meka Chicken >
California
Ok, thanks guys, good info, he gets in on Wed, so any Of these OC flea markets open during the week? Locations of the flea markets in OC?

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:36:00 PM
frogbeer (0)
(frog beer) < Cherub >
California
i go to gamedude quite often and their games are for the most part below market value. they usually only have loose carts, but the prices are very fair. the staff on the other hand is......just try and get in, get out as fast as you can. theyre horrible. On the plus side power gloves are only $25 and super scopes are like $15. Check there website. they have a game list with prices.

-------------------------
***Frogger***

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:11:01 PM
acomicbookguyc (350)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California
There's thread with Retro Game Store locations. Should help a bit.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

-------------------------
Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...