Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Finally, a time when I have a working computer and camera at the same time I can gloat A few weeks of great deals and finds

Jul 18, 2010 at 11:54:40 PM
sgtlanky13 (36)
(A C) < Crack Trooper >
Indiana
I recently found out not having a working computer really sucks. Now with that aside, I have some amazing finds that I felt that I just needed to tell other people other than my girlfriend.

First off, I got a boxed copy of Bubble Bobble Part 2 from a girl I went to school with. She found out that I collected video games and so she told me she had some old games her brother and her bought a few years back and wanted to know if I was interested in buying any. She listed off a bunch of games I already had, but then she said Bubble Bobble Part 2 in the box. I nearly shat myself when she said that. Sadly there wasn't the manual and the box has some wear. Either way, it's still Bubble Bobble part 2 in the box. We settled on a great price of $80 for it. She wanted to get rid of the games, and I didn't want to rip her off because she was being so nice.

Next would be the free Nintendo DS Download Station Vol. 2 Cart my friend game me. He was cleaning out a drawer at work and found it. Knowing I love odd things like that, he just gave it to me.

About 2 weeks ago, another friend came home from a garage sale and found two NES Advantage controllers that had never been used. Sure the boxes are not in great condition, but they only cost him 2 dollars apiece. Being nice, he gave me one.

Onward to another week with thrifting. At a local Goodwill, I got a Gamegear with 4 games (Streets of Rage, Mortal Kombat, Shinobi, and Batman Returns) for $7 dollars. Along with that I got a Nights for the Saturn with the 3D controller in the box. The controller hadn't been removed from it's original bag. That was around $10 dollars.

On that same day of thrifting, I went to a local Used Dvd/Cd/Video Game store and left with these amazing items for a decent price. I got a Japanese Sega Saturn with 4 games (Puzzle Bobble 2X, Dead or Alive, Virtua Fighter 2, and Shin Shinobiden) for $50 dollars. Now I had always wanted a japanese saturn so I can play the Segata Sanshiro game and X-Men vs. Street Fighter. Along with those, I got a few random games as well.
- Megaman 8 for Saturn - $30
- Panzer Dragoon II - $10
- The Amazing Spider-man vs. The Kingpin - $2
- Japanese copy of Jet Set Radio (Probably my Favorite game) - $5

A few days ago, at a flea market I got two sealed NES MAX controllers for $3 dollars apiece. I had to leave and couldn't really look to see what else the guy had, but those stood out. Maybe I'll go back in a few days and see if he has more and or something even better.

Finally, about a month ago at Salvation Army I found something amazing. What I found was a boxed Miracle Piano Teaching System for the NES with everything except the warranty card. It even came with the crappy earbud hearphones. One side does have the flap torn off and the box does have a few puncture wounds. The piano and everything inside looks great though. I only paid $35 for it. Funny thing about it was that they had it set up and some kids were playing  it in the store. I was walking around and knew that sound coming from the back and started to follow it. Luckily the kids didn't damage it or knock it over. Essentially I saved it from disaster.

This isn't my first Miracle piano though, I do have one for the IBM. Everything is missing except the cord to hook it up to the computer. It does have a great looking box and the little sticker covering the Offical Nintendo Seal of Approval. This one was from another local thrift store, but bought some years back.

Sorry this had to be such a huge post, but I've had techincal issues I couldn't avoid. Looking back, it has been a great few months, and can only wait for what lies ahead. Hope you enjoyed my stories and now I can continue hunting down great finds. Now that I do have a working computer, I am definetly going to be on NintendoAge much more.

-------------------------

Jul 19, 2010 at 12:08:26 AM
Levirules (12)
(Levi Morgan) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Dude. Awesome finds. Well worth the read!

::: Now playing: Demon's Souls, Portal 2 :::

Jul 19, 2010 at 12:08:59 AM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Great finds, that BB2 box is beautiful! Congrats

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Jul 19, 2010 at 12:38:54 AM
RetroNESNerd (77)
(Justin S) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Nice find, I have been questing after a reasonably priced BB2 for a long time. Gongrats indeed.