-------------------------
Games I'm Trying To Complete

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:42:13 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Scrooge McDuck

Dude WTF?! Why is that so expensive?

Released on an obscure game console at the end of the consoles life cycle, and was supposedly only available through a TG-16 mail order catalog (anyone care to backup that claim? I aint a TG-16 dude). Couple that with the fact that anime themed stuff wasn't quite popular yet in the states and you have the perfect storm for extreme rarity.

That being said, it is HOARDED by multiple collectors. I know of a person with two sealed copies, and a literal stack of CIB and loose copies in varying conditions. I've heard there are additional collectors like this one guy. It's a dangerous title if you're worried about price, and it's absolutely worth waiting for a cheap copy too. Even still, it's as rare as unicorn dust.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Mar 17, 2017 at 6:21:45 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: JosephLeo

Released on an obscure game console at the end of the consoles life cycle, and was supposedly only available through a TG-16 mail order catalog ( anyone care to backup that claim? I aint a TG-16 dude). Couple that with the fact that anime themed stuff wasn't quite popular yet in the states and you have the perfect storm for extreme rarity.

That being said, it is HOARDED by multiple collectors. I know of a person with two sealed copies, and a literal stack of CIB and loose copies in varying conditions. I've heard there are additional collectors like this one guy. It's a dangerous title if you're worried about price, and it's absolutely worth waiting for a cheap copy too. Even still, it's as rare as unicorn dust.

I too am curious about this. I just figured it was basic price manipulation.

Oh look at this game, it was only at Blockbuster! I can't prove that, but there's no copies on eBay, so it must be rare! (No copies because I bought them all)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Edited: 03/17/2017 at 06:23 PM by Bort License Plate

Mar 17, 2017 at 6:53:51 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
Originally posted by: JosephLeo

Released on an obscure game console at the end of the consoles life cycle, and was supposedly only available through a TG-16 mail order catalog (anyone care to backup that claim? I aint a TG-16 dude). Couple that with the fact that anime themed stuff wasn't quite popular yet in the states and you have the perfect storm for extreme rarity.

There was a guy in the mid-2000s that literally bid and/or bought every copy that popped up on ebay. No idea how many he managed to nab but he was driving up the price of the game and blowing a shot ton of cash doing it.

edit: Source: https://forum.digitpress.com/foru...)

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Edited: 03/17/2017 at 06:55 PM by Daria

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:34:41 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Daria

There was a guy in the mid-2000s that literally bid and/or bought every copy that popped up on ebay. No idea how many he managed to nab but he was driving up the price of the game and blowing a shot ton of cash doing it.

edit: Source: https://forum.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?48092-Agai... )

Yep, that's one of the guys I heard of, and another one I personally know of so that's at least two guys who have literal stacks of that game. I'm certain there are more too.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Mar 17, 2017 at 8:18:32 PM
ALTQQ (79)
(I've lost my television remote do you know where i Should look?) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Tg16 is a great console. Congrats!

I lost my television remote, have you seen it?

Mar 17, 2017 at 8:52:27 PM
fsped09 (234)
(( nes-city.com )) < King Solomon >
New York
So jealous thats an awesome collection. I've thought of collection TG-16 multiple times as I had one as a kid. Looks great!