NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Cancelled : FA: $81 in Vintage Toys R Us Geoffrey Dollars Ended, Please Lock

LOCKED TOPIC

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:14:27 AM
Thor (52)
(Thor Aackerlund) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
EDIT : I probably didn't think through carefully enough before posting these. I always used them for video game stuff when I was little, so I made the instant association with classic gaming, lol. I actually found them in an gameboy carry case of mine. Anyway, they really aren't games or directly gaming related, so I will cancel this auction. Feel free to contact me by PM if you want to make an offer for them, I will probably throw these up on Ebay with a face-value starting price, it looks like they usually sell for 2.5x-3x face value for some reason. Thanks!!

Auction begins at $10, shipping will be additional at actual shipping cost (speed/type up to the buyer, but I require some type of delivery confirmation or tracking). If a bid happens in the last minute, additional bids may be placed for the next minute only. Bid increments minimum of $1. Payment to made at auction completion via Paypal : Services.
Edit : I realize this may not be video game related enough to be here. If it is, please lock it up When I saw these I just remembered that I only ever used these to buy video games with

Example Ebay Auction :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toys-R-Us-Ten-Dollars-Collectable-Ra...

-------------------------
Yes, 1990 NWC in case you're curious :) A long long time ago, in a video game competition far far away.

Edited: 06/03/2012 at 02:36 PM by Thor

Jun 3, 2012 at 6:24:11 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
I remember getting those for birthday growing up, LOL! I always spent mine on Legos since I didn't have an NES. Do they have an expiry date? I'm no legal expert, but if it's true they never expire, and since Toys-R-Us is still in business, don't they have a legal obligation to accept them as payment?

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Jun 3, 2012 at 6:50:20 AM
EvilEyeball (24)
(Liam Turner) < Kraid Killer >
British Columbia
You make a good point

-- Currently Collecting --
Canadian Loose 24/64
First Party NES Accessories: Need only Hands Free Controller

Jun 3, 2012 at 7:07:37 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
I did a quick search online, and it seems that the limit per transaction is five dollars, so but how the hell do you spend a $10 note? You may get more for them as collectables anyway, as they the going rate for the 10 notes seem to be 30 USD. That's bad math. People will pay $$$ for anything these days.

I wish you luck selling these, but I have to question if you're reaching the right market here at NA.

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Jun 3, 2012 at 7:13:44 AM
EvilEyeball (24)
(Liam Turner) < Kraid Killer >
British Columbia
HMMM... There was a time when Canadian Tire sold NES games... I wonder if anyone here would buy my Canadian Tire money

I got my fourscore from Canadian Tire FYI, Also A set of 2 controllers after one controller from my action set bit it.
One of my controllers is from my action set, Yet i have no way to know which now

-- Currently Collecting --
Canadian Loose 24/64
First Party NES Accessories: Need only Hands Free Controller

Jun 3, 2012 at 10:53:14 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
(Kenny Boy) < Master Higgins >
Colorado
Wow, I completely forgot about these. The whole being able to use them is pretty interesting, especially if the $5 deal is true. I remember asking for those and never getting them.

Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:33:03 PM
Thor (52)
(Thor Aackerlund) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: stardust4ever

I did a quick search online, and it seems that the limit per transaction is five dollars, so but how the hell do you spend a $10 note? You may get more for them as collectables anyway, as they the going rate for the 10 notes seem to be 30 USD. That's bad math. People will pay $$$ for anything these days.

I wish you luck selling these, but I have to question if you're reaching the right market here at NA.

You may be right, I probably should close this and link to an Ebay auction for anyone interested. I did stop by Toys R Us in Plano earlier and showed them to a manager, who said he only sees these about twice a year. They are classified as pre-paid gift certificates, and are unlimited in use, but you are limited to a maximum of $10 change in cash when you spend them. Confusingly, there are current "Toys R Us Dollars" that are based on a rewards membership, and those can be limited, but they're nothing like these at all. Those are "Rewards Dollars" as detailed here :

https://rewardsrus.toysrus.com/

Yes, 1990 NWC in case you're curious :) A long long time ago, in a video game competition far far away.