Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Caltron 6 in 1 rarity Lowered Rarity suggestion

Sep 19, 2013 at 6:58:16 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
So I've been looking for a Caltron for awail, and it seems harder to find the game loose then a sealed copy. Infact there are usually aboot have a dozen sealed copies up for sale BIN on ebay at anytime, ( I want a physical copy to play, and would feel bad opening a sealed copy. In cases your thinking "then just buy one"). It's also general knowledge to most collectors that several copies of this game where found Mexico sealed aboot 3 years ago. Anyways after reading through a recent post aboot Myriad 6 in 1, it got me thinking. How many other Rarity 8 games for the NES are currently available for purchase sealed (or even CIB)? Flintstones Suprise at Dino Peak, Bubble Bath Babes, Cheetahmen 2, etc you never see these sealed, and if I wanted to buy one of those titles sealed right now I could'nt .                                                                                                                                                                             Anyways what Im getting at is that, don't ya'll think that Caltron 6 in 1 could be an R7 and the box and manual an R8 at best considering how available the game has become with respect to the rest of the database.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

-------------------------
Playas Guide Logo

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:20:37 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
I'll have to admit that Caltron being an 8-9-9 CIB rarity is a little hard to believe, but rarity shouldn't be based on availability on eBay otherwise Stadium Events would be considered more common that Donkey Kong Jr. Math and Dinosaur Peak would be considered more common than Bonk's Adventure.

Caltron may have had a huge stockpile discovered, but even if 1000 of them were discovered that only gives 1,000 new copies for the 100,000ish collectors to share. To put it in perspective, there's only 1,000 Cheetahmen II out there and that game is really honest to goodness rare...in the wild it would be an R10 for sure

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Sep 20, 2013 at 6:45:05 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
The influx of these from South America the last few years has probably lowered the rarity IMO, so I do agree it's too high. But, I've not kept up with the true frequency of them appearing. I think R7 is probably a pretty close value. Anyone else agree/disagree?

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:19:41 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Agreed with R7, no where near as rare as initially thought.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:50:39 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
I would also put it at 7-7-7. Eventually the supply will dry up but it's been a while since the Mexico incident and there are still some available.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:52:04 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Originally posted by: JosephLeo

I'll have to admit that Caltron being an 8-9-9 CIB rarity is a little hard to believe, but rarity shouldn't be based on availability on eBay otherwise Stadium Events would be considered more common that Donkey Kong Jr. Math and Dinosaur Peak would be considered more common than Bonk's Adventure.

Yeah, but in both your examples the more available game is trading hands at a higher price. Caltron is still going as low as $400 sealed IIRC.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^