Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NFL 2019-2020 Season Thread

Sep 15 at 10:55:51 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Alshon needs to get his butt back out there and catch some balls!

Sep 15 at 11:55:03 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Honestly can't believe the Eagles had a shot at winning that one in the closing min. In big trouble if any of those 7 starters are out longterm

-------------------------

Sep 16 at 12:02:07 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: americasteam7

With it being noted that the Giants and the Redskins kindof suck il say this. Dak is playing on another level now. The play calling is aggressive, and Jon Kitna has worked wonders on his footwork. Dak is making accurate throws deep all over the field with consistency. 26/30 today. That's almost 90% completion percentage. Incredible.

I think its more the kellen moore offense. His play calling is so much better than linehan. He is aggressive , not predictable, and really spreads it around to everyones strengths.

Not to mention, Travis Frederick is back and that makes the offensive line from average to elite. He has so much impact in the game. I hope he never goes down again. 

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 09/16/2019 at 12:03 AM by quest4nes

Sep 16 at 12:59:00 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Roethliberger out for year. At 37 years old, do you think this is the end of the line for Ben?

Sep 16 at 1:50:53 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

Roethliberger out for year. At 37 years old, do you think this is the end of the line for Ben?

I think that's probably it for him. Brees might still have another year or 2 left in him. All depends on how his thumb heals and how Teddy does during the interim 

Sep 16 at 3:57:24 PM
kguillemette (13)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Meka Chicken >
New Hampshire

I heard on the radio he needs something similar to Tommy John. At 37, yes, this is the end of the line. Just as well anyway. I dont think he's good enough to win a super bowl anyway, and his attitude was poisonous. "Look, I'm not worried about that INT, this is how I play."

Time to reset the franchise. No bell, brown, or Ben. The question is, is tomlin the man to lead a rebuild? He is quite skilled at managing egomaniacs to get them to all play together. A ground up rebuild is different. We shall see how this year plays out for them.

This should be a huge opportunity for Cleveland. This changes it to a 2 horse race between them and Baltimore. Let's see if they can put it all together, they are a quite cocky group of individuals.

FT/FS list  ​​​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list ​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 16 at 4:03:53 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: kguillemette

I heard on the radio he needs something similar to Tommy John. At 37, yes, this is the end of the line. Just as well anyway. I dont think he's good enough to win a super bowl anyway, and his attitude was poisonous. "Look, I'm not worried about that INT, this is how I play." Time to reset the franchise. No bell, brown, or Ben. The question is, is tomlin the man to lead a rebuild? He is quite skilled at managing egomaniacs to get them to all play together. A ground up rebuild is different. We shall see how this year plays out for them. This should be a huge opportunity for Cleveland. This changes it to a 2 horse race between them and Baltimore. Let's see if they can put it all together, they are a quite cocky group of individuals.

This giftwraps it for Baltimore. It's the Raven's division to lose.

Sep 16 at 6:04:33 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Yeah, I don't see him coming back from this one.   It was noted that he was having issues all week in practice with it.

If it was something less complex maybe, but I don't see him coming back (or why he would).

Sep 16 at 6:27:54 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
I think he comes back tommy john on a qb is not as big a comeback as the same injury for a pitcher.

for pitchers nowadays they cone back even stronger. This will heal and hed probably be ready to go next season if he has tge surgery right away

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 09/16/2019 at 06:35 PM by quest4nes

Sep 16 at 6:44:27 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Big Ben's injury might set up the Steelers for their next franchise QB in the next draft.

Sep 16 at 6:46:42 PM
kell (0)

< Little Mac >
United States
Tua to the Steelers...?

Sep 16 at 6:47:34 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Originally posted by: kell

Tua to the Steelers...?

Not if Miami wants him
They are absolute trash.

Sep 16 at 6:53:56 PM
kell (0)

< Little Mac >
United States
They are. I have no idea what they are doing. Why get rid of a great LT to bring in a top QB pick?

Sep 16 at 7:50:02 PM
kguillemette (13)

New Hampshire
Originally posted by: quest4nes

I think he comes back tommy john on a qb is not as big a comeback as the same injury for a pitcher.

for pitchers nowadays they cone back even stronger. This will heal and hed probably be ready to go next season if he has tge surgery right away

he's 37 now though, I have a feeling that if he comes back, it's for a new team. I could be wrong, Brady's anti aging self, and Brees for that matter changed everyone's mind on when is too old for a QB. Being a QB is more about making good decisions than physical talent, though. Ben, historically, lays it on out there and tries to force a lot of bad decisions. It worked in his 20s when he was just simply stronger and quicker than the linebackers who chased him. He could shake off a couple tackles, extend plays, and sooner or later finds an open man. He plays like he can still do that, though, and instead throws a lot of ints. And he doesn't have Mr separation Antonio brown to bail him out of his scrambles anymore. Juju is a fine wr, but he is no AB. Connor will be a fine RB, but he's not Bell, who you can just dump it off to for a quick 6 yard gain when the play breaks down. Ben's game involves holding on to the ball for a long time and wait for something to develop. I just dont think he can do that anymore, good elbow or no.

Sep 16 at 8:12:16 PM
americasteam7 (71)
< Kraid Killer >
Colorado
I'm not sheding tears over big Ben. I'm 99% sure he got away with rape and the fact that he still is allowed to play football is disgusting. I hope he never plays again. Plus, like mentioned above he's an asshole.

Drew Brees getting hurt is a huge shame though. I love that guy.

Sep 16 at 8:27:45 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: americasteam7

I'm not sheding tears over big Ben. I'm 99% sure he got away with rape and the fact that he still is allowed to play football is disgusting. I hope he never plays again. Plus, like mentioned above he's an asshole. 
Yup, dude is a fucking rapist.  Enjoy the sidelines bud.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 16 at 8:32:56 PM
kguillemette (13)

New Hampshire
Sex addict. I learned that on South Park.

DAH DONT HAVE SEX IN PUBLIC BAFFROOMS!!

Sep 20 at 4:15:50 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
And.......

Antonio Brown is no longer a Patriot.

Sep 20 at 4:17:49 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Came to post. Hopefully the shithead never gets an NFL gig again. And this is coming from someone who owns him in fantasy. Hes clearly at best case a racist and sexist and at worst case much worse legally.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Sep 20 at 4:23:49 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Where there's smoke and smoke and smoke...

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Sep 20 at 4:30:19 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: jonebone

Came to post. Hopefully the shithead never gets an NFL gig again. And this is coming from someone who owns him in fantasy. Hes clearly at best case a racist and sexist and at worst case much worse legally.

Couldn’t agree more.

Fuuuuuuuuck that dude.

Photobucket

Sep 20 at 4:41:19 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
I read the group leaked texts. I fail to see what was the big to do about them. Just sounded pissed this lady is accusing him of something he says is false.

Still dont know though, kinda sucks for a guy to get his career ended with no criminal charges. This feels like a pile on take down. Thats todays culture though. Everyone wants a piece of that signing bonus

I think this was more of belichik being tired of the constant media harrassment during pressers surrounding him. Every single question. To where he just walks off frustrated about it.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 09/20/2019 at 04:58 PM by quest4nes

Sep 20 at 5:03:26 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
Massachusetts
You don't need to do anything criminal to have a character that is completely indefensible.

Ignore this last text message exchange.
Ignore the sexual assault allegations.
Ignore anything that he did since he signed with the Pats.

He's a self righteous piece of dog shit. Shot his way out of town in Pittsburgh. Shot his way out of town in Oakland. Found the only team both dumb enough to sign him AND with a history of righting sinking ships, and he couldn't keep his nose clean.

He'll be on a reality D list tv show in two years and on a TMZ down and out bit 2 years later.

See ya.
14-2

Photobucket

Sep 20 at 5:18:27 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Its always amazing when a guy blows an opportunity to bank millions of dollars to catch a ball because he's a self absorbed moron. Dont see him back this year, maybe if he settles his legal stuff and shows signs of change he can play again one day

SW-6786-5095-2210

Sep 20 at 5:36:06 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

You don't need to do anything criminal to have a character that is completely indefensible.

Ignore this last text message exchange.
Ignore the sexual assault allegations.
Ignore anything that he did since he signed with the Pats.

He's a self righteous piece of dog shit. Shot his way out of town in Pittsburgh. Shot his way out of town in Oakland. Found the only team both dumb enough to sign him AND with a history of righting sinking ships, and he couldn't keep his nose clean.

He'll be on a reality D list tv show in two years and on a TMZ down and out bit 2 years later.

See ya.
14-2

sounds like this pile on was all started in motion prior to the signing though. I think he just wanted to play , but all this stuff just came out of the woodworks. It was shear quantity at this point. Media and opportunists blew this waaaaaaaaaaay up to the point where the patriots probably were sick of all the attention.

I dont really see what else he could have done with the patriots. He probably was fine once signed. All thse people coming to collect theirs now. His name is already worthless now. People acting like this is some greg hardy level stuff and its kinda silly to me. No charges filed. No criminal case. Just people wanting money. 

Im not saying hes a good person, just the fact that of the stuff Ive heard and seen I dont see whats so different at this second than a week ago, besides the fact now he lost his job.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 09/20/2019 at 05:39 PM by quest4nes