Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

How to affordably ship international? I am looking for cheaper shipping for my project

Oct 14 at 1:47:45 PM
TylerBarnes (0)
(Tyler Barnes) < Tourian Tourist >
Texas
Hello, 

So with my project nearing completion, I am looking to be able to get it into the hands of everyone that may want one. However, every shipping estimate I have been able to look up or calculate for Canada and other international regions has been crazy high. Is this normal? or is there some specific method that will be affordable for me to offer my cartridge to international customers? 

USPS was like $25 bare minimum for a simple media mailer at 5oz. Is there something I am just missing or is this really what international folks are expecting to have to deal with? 

Thoughs and info appreciated. Thanks! 

Oct 14 at 2:28:39 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
First Class Package International. Probably looking at $10-15 bucks for 5 oz.

Oct 14 at 3:09:42 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Standard CIB NES games to Europe go for about $13.30, last I had to send one anyways. First class international is the way to go on those, as the Captain said. Be wary of your ounces, since if you go from 5 to 6 (or some denomination) it jumps a few dollars. Pack light! I'v even taken to cutting the flaps off of the boxes that I use, and diminishing the weight any way possible to hit the threshold.

-------------------------
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Oct 14 at 3:45:06 PM
TylerBarnes (0)
Texas
Thank you for the advice and input! The 5oz is an over estimate. I measured right under 4oz (3.951oz) on my new mailers and about 4oz (4.002oz) on some old envelopes I have with thicker bubble padding. I called it 5oz cause it is well above so I don't have a chance of going over accidentally. I'm buying labels through paypal and printing them out so I need to type in my weight estimate accurately. But there is a lot of extra length I could cut off and tape shut. I wonder if I could keep all of them below 4oz enough to use that instead if the price is affected by a decent enough amount.

Oct 14 at 5:06:57 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
So curious abut this "project," based on your other recent posts.

-------------------------
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Oct 14 at 6:01:51 PM
TylerBarnes (0)
Texas
Original thread here on the forums with early video demos: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 14 at 6:17:55 PM
Katchii (23)
< Meka Chicken >
Florida
Ship them from China, be pretty much free!

Oct 14 at 6:53:47 PM
TylerBarnes (0)
Texas
Originally posted by: Katchii

Ship them from China, be pretty much free!

Unfortunately, I don't have the time or resources to fly to China. 

Oct 14 at 7:34:16 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

as the Captain said.
He's not a captain, he's a drinker!  

Oct 15 at 1:43:41 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: TylerBarnes

Thank you for the advice and input! The 5oz is an over estimate. I measured right under 4oz (3.951oz) on my new mailers and about 4oz (4.002oz) on some old envelopes I have with thicker bubble padding. I called it 5oz cause it is well above so I don't have a chance of going over accidentally. I'm buying labels through paypal and printing them out so I need to type in my weight estimate accurately. But there is a lot of extra length I could cut off and tape shut. I wonder if I could keep all of them below 4oz enough to use that instead if the price is affected by a decent enough amount.

At least for Canada there is a significant difference for above 4.1- 8oz and below 4 oz.   Not sure if it matters for other countries that go by the metric system.

Use the calculator on USPS.com to play around a bit.